Page 4 of 19 ... 2345614 ...
    11-17-2009, 09:25 PM #31
    Hey Jeff! Yeah we're experiencing a bit of a cold spell right now with single digits temps over the last few days!! Only have a few inches of snow on the ground so far...my kids are dying to hit the slopes, but we need a bit
    more snow and warmer temps to do it.

Yeah, if I could I would definately be heading south for warmer weather!

Cmon stocks!!!!
    Last edited by Alaska Guy; 11-17-2009 at 10:24 PM.

Guru
    11-18-2009, 02:08 AM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    What the hell happened to everyone! Thread is like a ghost town!

MIA list

Bill
    Dr Dave
    Bass
    Chuck
    Herd
    Ramsey
    LT
    Everyone else not listed here!

Hope all is well with everyone...except Bill...if he kicks off...will save me a case of Makers Mark! LOL

have a good one!

Will check back later!

Jeff
    Funny, Jeff!

Everybody is around and checks in, but don't speak...I have a damn good recipe for macaroni and cheese!

Here goes:

This is with an electric pressure cooker...I suppose a regular one would work just as well...just keep the heat down a bit to let the pressure build up (almost sounds sexual, I know..but what the hay?).

Here goes...I used a Cook's Essential Electric Pressure Cooker to do this from QVC. It is the most practical piece of kitchen equipment that you can own. It is about $80 and worth 10 times more.

I take 2 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
    a couple of cups of chicken broth
    1 cup water
    2 tablespoons butter or margarine
    1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese

Cheese:

2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
    2 ounces cream cheese (1/4 of a regular sized brick)
    1 teaspoon of yellow mustard.

Here goes: (From: Bob Warden's Slow Food Fast Book ((from QVC))).
    Add all macaroni ingredients, except the cheese mixture, to the pressure cooker, securely lock on lid, set the cooker to high and cook for 6 minutes (after it starts rocking or whatever your cooker does).

Release the steam really fast (like cool the cooker off with medium water until the pressure is released). Mix in the cheese portion............

El doneo! Fine! Complete!

Ya, that easy....and that great!

Bob Warden's book rocks! If you want great meals...then don't go home without it! The recipes in there are killer!

Oh ya...stocks....I own some....they are so low that I should be as rich as Paul Allen one of these days....no problem with the time involved. I have BCLE, GSAE, GSPG and....what is the other one? Oh ya...BCLE! My future is great!

Let's have a great time..we don't need to be stock sirius all of the time. We are all friends and can talk about anything besides stocks. If there isn't anything going on with stocks..let's talk about anything.

I haven't heard a word from Greg or Notwal...or anybody...come on..
    Last edited by billhart22; 11-18-2009 at 02:10 AM.

Mentor
    11-18-2009, 02:18 AM #33
    Pressure cookers scare the crap out of me.

Don't blow yourself up.

I'm here, working on this funding application. Up all night, sleep thru market, well I woke up in time to close some options.

If your bored, keep on a talkin' - I'm not moving. But also, not all over the charts since I have a lot of work to do.

Mentor
    11-18-2009, 02:20 AM #34
    I like CBAI - what do you think of that report?

Guru
    11-18-2009, 02:22 AM #35
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    What the hell happened to everyone! Thread is like a ghost town!

MIA list

Bill
    Dr Dave
    Bass
    Chuck
    Herd
    Ramsey
    LT
    Everyone else not listed here!

Hope all is well with everyone...except Bill...if he kicks off...will save me a case of Makers Mark! LOL

have a good one!

Will check back later!

Jeff
    Ya, well I will stay around..you young whipper snapper...just to prove you wrong....You young punks are all the same...no values..watch MTV and love Lady Gaga....no self-respecting young man would do what you do.

Fox news brought up Lady Gaga tonight...My wife was listening and I said, "Lady Gaga is hot!!" She asked me how in the hell I know about Lady Gaga..because my wife was at a social event tonight and a gal showed up looking like Lady Gaga. My wife asked..who are you being..and she said, "Lady Gaga". She had a wig and make-up on.

Now my wife is wondering what I do after she goes to bed....well, one of my favorite cuts from Lady Gaga on youtube.com is "bad romance"....what can I say? I dig her. She is very talented...a New Yorker..gone Hollywood.

11-18-2009, 03:57 AM #36
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Funny, Jeff!

Everybody is around and checks in, but don't speak...I have a damn good recipe for macaroni and cheese!

Here goes:

This is with an electric pressure cooker...I suppose a regular one would work just as well...just keep the heat down a bit to let the pressure build up (almost sounds sexual, I know..but what the hay?).

Here goes...I used a Cook's Essential Electric Pressure Cooker to do this from QVC. It is the most practical piece of kitchen equipment that you can own. It is about $80 and worth 10 times more.

I take 2 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
    a couple of cups of chicken broth
    1 cup water
    2 tablespoons butter or margarine
    1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese

Cheese:

2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
    2 ounces cream cheese (1/4 of a regular sized brick)
    1 teaspoon of yellow mustard.

Here goes: (From: Bob Warden's Slow Food Fast Book ((from QVC))).
    Add all macaroni ingredients, except the cheese mixture, to the pressure cooker, securely lock on lid, set the cooker to high and cook for 6 minutes (after it starts rocking or whatever your cooker does).

Release the steam really fast (like cool the cooker off with medium water until the pressure is released). Mix in the cheese portion............

El doneo! Fine! Complete!

Ya, that easy....and that great!

Bob Warden's book rocks! If you want great meals...then don't go home without it! The recipes in there are killer!

Oh ya...stocks....I own some....they are so low that I should be as rich as Paul Allen one of these days....no problem with the time involved. I have BCLE, GSAE, GSPG and....what is the other one? Oh ya...BCLE! My future is great!

Let's have a great time..we don't need to be stock sirius all of the time. We are all friends and can talk about anything besides stocks. If there isn't anything going on with stocks..let's talk about anything.

I haven't heard a word from Greg or Notwal...or anybody...come on..

Hey Bill, Greg, Jeff, Ramsey and Others....I promised my smoked and jarred salmon to many of you a LONG TIME AGO and I havent forgotten. If I could only get the wife to pack them up and ship them out they would be out of here. You will definately be seeing it before Thanksgiving, possibly out the door this week, I hope.

I have a pressure cooker as well and use it ALOT, especially on my game meat. Pressure cooked moose ribs last week, then threw them on the BBQ...it was the delicious. Just had a Moose Roast for dinner tonight, the recipe was simple one....a chunk of Moose meat and 1 can of Mushroom soup, slow cooked for 6 hours in a crockpot...wallaa...MELTS in your mouth.

Anyways...nighty night...till tomorrow...hoping for a GREEN day!!!!

Mentor
    11-18-2009, 06:10 AM #37
    Andy - Hopefully OCNF will sky - a lot of ships broke out really well - the BDI blew past the full on 0% resistance line - though some ships have broken out so high that they have formed hanging men.... but most of the ships have really done well recently.

US Futures on the indexes opened higher than the close and are up so far tonight - same for gold which they seem to be lagging by a day, I can't believe it's where it's at. I think there is a short squeeze on... but options expire friday... The futures markets are basically continuous, but the new tick is on for the 18th already. Of course, it can get hammered between now and the market open, still have 4.5 hours.

Mentor
    11-18-2009, 07:13 AM #38
    Crap, we have rather moderate - high economic reports weds, thurs - could get a little crazy with options done on friday.

I want to go home.

Europe is pretty green at the moment.

Sometimes I wish pennies correlated with this stuff a little... easier to make decisions.

Mentor
    11-18-2009, 07:14 AM #39
    Maybe I"ll go to the store and buy a turkey or a big ham, throw it in the autoclave here at work, let someone find it tomorrow --- err this morning.

Mentor
    11-18-2009, 07:19 AM #40
    Using my pricey (for me) trend software - ships are right behind metals - at least in the stack of tickers I run, which doesn't carry all the sectors, but enough variability there to say they are really doing good.

Page 4 of 19 ... 2345614 ...