Page 14 of 19 ... 41213141516 ...
    Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    11-20-2009, 12:02 PM #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    From a TA standpoint, it's still doing what it's supposed to do - if I go into work today, I'll post some charts... there's a triple threat of resistance - prices 0.68, 0.69, 0.70... some of which goes back YEARS.... so it's not going to be taken out easily. The pullback point we are at now, is inline to being ok for the moment. Good lord, I haven't updated a lot of these, but geez, you'll laugh, I have "3 tabs" of charts for this guy, so that means at minimum, I have 20 charts, as each holds ten. It's not really going to start chugging though without a positive earnings report, of which, the only one I've seen was the first one. I know you know all this... but at least for siri, there is a lot of anticipation, so while most companies have to not just turn positive EPS, but quarter after quarter increasing EPS before even getting a move, I think Siri will luck out and get moving after the first profitable quarter (but that's all pure speculation - just based on it being in the spotlight for so long). Before aapl moved in 2003, it had a string of great fundamentals - it was the eps king, but just didn't move until late that year.

Anyway, it's sitting exactly on its trendline today... these are those kind of fear days you are actually supposed to buy, lol. Just looking at the price action, a reversal here would be a mini 5 in the wave count. I like that the trendline and 50 sma are parallel. Let's hope it forms a reversal candle today or mon/tues....
    Thanks Dave!
    I've been up and down with this one so many times that I'm ready for the big move and just getting a little impatient. I'll just stop thinking now....LOL

11-20-2009, 12:32 PM #132
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Welcome home, Geek!

At least we can bullshit about things other than stocks here. Just think...if this were a forum where you were only allowed to talk about stocks, then there wouldn't be ANYTHING to talk about here.

Did you go hunting? Or just camping? Or just aimlessly wandering around in the woods drunk?

It sounds like a great time, no matter which one you did. These stocks are flatter than Jeff's old girlfriend. (hahaha)

Now all of the guys that I respect with stocks are saying that people are buying stocks and gold, ONLY to get the dollar out of their hands, because it is becoming so devalued. Generally, I have found that either metals go up or stocks go up, but not at the same time. Right now they are both going up.

In addition, just as I predicted.....we are headed for a double dip recession. Obama admitted / alluded to that last night in an interview with Marshall Garret on Fox News. He said this could happen if people's confidence doesn't pick up. Well, DUH!! Oh ya, everybody is going to jump up and scream hallelujah over the way our economy is headed. The stimulus is a complete farce and so are all of the other activities by the government and now they are trying to cram that damn government run health care down our throats....you know...the one that if you don't buy, they will PUT YOU IN JAIL. Maybe it will be three strikes and then you get "Life" without parole.

I have never heard anything so damn ridiculous in my life. The government forcing us to buy their services. We shall see!

Am I on a rant? You are damn right that I am!

I would love to hear everybody's opinion on this!
    It was the later of the 3 Bill, aimlessly wandering around drunk in the woods eating like kings!!! I had my first taste of Bison meat from CO. and it was fantastic.

Your rant was superb. I usually don't announce it, especially here in Maryland, but I am a conservative. Not a republican but a conservative. Your words are ever so true and I can't believe that people are blindly accepting the shit that is being shoveled today. All 535 members of the legislature and our President need to be thrown out on the street. Gov't never has and never will be able to run anything efficiently and the #'s on the health care bill are a joke. They should be ashamed of themselves and quit. They still have the nerve to call it "public service" but the only ones they serve are themselves.

Anywho, that's my mini rant, I could go on for days and that's why I don't visit the political site in here. Whoa, it looks like eveything is taking a beating today, let's hope we can rally before days end.

Mentor
    11-20-2009, 01:21 PM #133
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Thanks Dave!
    I've been up and down with this one so many times that I'm ready for the big move and just getting a little impatient. I'll just stop thinking now....LOL
    truthfully, though, when things do reach the line, I get nervous. if it drops on heavy volume or something, I may give it a break... it has hit the line a lot, so that's what makes me more nervous this time. usually, you should buy when things pull back to the line, as, people are crapping their pants.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    11-20-2009, 01:24 PM #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    truthfully, though, when things do reach the line, I get nervous. if it drops on heavy volume or something, I may give it a break... it has hit the line a lot, so that's what makes me more nervous this time. usually, you should buy when things pull back to the line, as, people are crapping their pants.
    I have continually bought on these dips over the last several months. So, I am well loaded to say the least. And I'm nervous....LOL

Mentor
    11-20-2009, 02:38 PM #135
    Here's one of my support/resistance charts - you can see the triple threat 0.68, 0.69, 0.70.... you can see, I haven't updated it in a while, but also shows how you can tell where the probable bounces will come - (I marked them in blue arrows on the line)

Now, here's where one of those lines comes from.... (I updated it with a story)

Mentor
    11-20-2009, 02:40 PM #136
    Looks like we have a bounce off the line so far today...

Mentor
    11-20-2009, 02:41 PM #137
    Funny how I wrote "there" instead of "they're" - I hate it when I do stuff like that.

Also to note on that monthly chart - we are technically in a downtrend on that time scale..

Mentor
    11-20-2009, 02:43 PM #138
    ASFX is looking to hit soon... anyone in, keep an eye out.

Mentor
    11-20-2009, 02:47 PM #139
    See what I mean - it's a race to hit $1 on the trendline right now....

Mentor
    11-20-2009, 02:56 PM #140
    This is interesting -

BDI should be due for a turnaround (down), but the SHX is looking to bounce today on the purple line... though, to do the wave count (or at least my simplistic wave count, we'd expect a little more downage... though, I guess with the EW's the fibs are usually the targets, and also, many don't use them for price targets... more like "4 shouldn't be lower than 1", etc.

Page 14 of 19 ... 41213141516 ...