Page 5 of 19 ... 3456715 ...
    11-18-2009, 09:00 AM #41
    Good Morning All

Wanted to say hi to you guys. Things are slow and I'm missing
    all of my friends here.

Question for Andy or anyone who knows the answer.
    Last week I waited on a guy who's daughter lives in Alaska, has
    for 20 years as a schoolteacher and loves it there. He will be visiting her soon. Anyway we were discussing the daylight. I always thought there
    were periods of complete darkness in all of Alaska. He claims the most darkness she experiences is after the hours 4:30pm and until 10:am.
    Said the place in Alaska where there is complete darkness is near the
    North Pole. True or false? What is amazing to me is the misconceptions
    people have about our different states. For instance before I traveled
    to Texas I had thought it was all flatland and tumble weeds. Not
    at all what I found. Beautiful state.

Always enjoy reading stories here. And Bill with his recipes (and others)
    Almost makes me want to cook.

Hope all is well. And wonderful Thankgiving to everyone.

Julie

Mentor
    11-18-2009, 09:14 AM #42
    LOL,

Good evening all, and Julie too,

I'm about to go to bed.

Here's a dream ticker for you folks - VKNG

Up 33000% this month - run started about 0.003 I believe, haven't logged into my other software to check.

Thought you might enjoy it. I'm not recommending to buy it, lol.

Mentor
    11-18-2009, 09:24 AM #43
    Oh yeah - look on a globe, Alaska is huge! There's a big diff from the bottom of alaska to the top. Kind of like how I could be wearing shorts during the day here in San Diego if I wanted, but no way if I was up in northern CA near the border of Oregon. But anyway, hold like a tennis ball up to a flashlight and look at the angles. I think the axis that the earth rotates is slightly tilted, so when the top of the alaska rotates into day time, the curve of the earth is enough to keep it dark.

Mentor
    11-18-2009, 09:26 AM #44
    Man, and Woman too, I need to go to bed.
    Night all....

Mentor
    11-18-2009, 09:32 AM #45
    NQ futures pulling back, Gold still up, hit 1149.6...

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    11-18-2009, 10:01 AM #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    I like CBAI - what do you think of that report?
    Dave,
    I think the CBAI story is a great one!
    I like any company that can pay down debt in this economy.
    I love the product. I have five kids. If this technology was available and affordable when they were being born, I would have invested in this service for their future health.
    The stock is affordable enough that smart money will put a thousand bucks in here and hold for a few years. I think it will be a very healthy return.

Mentor
    11-18-2009, 10:06 AM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Andy - Hopefully OCNF will sky - a lot of ships broke out really well - the BDI blew past the full on 0% resistance line - though some ships have broken out so high that they have formed hanging men.... but most of the ships have really done well recently.

US Futures on the indexes opened higher than the close and are up so far tonight - same for gold which they seem to be lagging by a day, I can't believe it's where it's at. I think there is a short squeeze on... but options expire friday... The futures markets are basically continuous, but the new tick is on for the 18th already. Of course, it can get hammered between now and the market open, still have 4.5 hours.
    I'm hoping OCNF decides to move soon. I have read someplace that they may be having some cashflow problems.
    I hate that kind of news. I heard it about CHB and didn't pay much attention and now they are bankrupt and I'm out here holding a couple thousand dollars of nearly worthless stock. So, let's hope OCNF has better financials.

Mentor
    11-18-2009, 10:08 AM #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Guy View Post
    Hey Jeff! Yeah we're experiencing a bit of a cold spell right now with single digits temps over the last few days!! Only have a few inches of snow on the ground so far...my kids are dying to hit the slopes, but we need a bit
    more snow and warmer temps to do it.

Yeah, if I could I would definately be heading south for warmer weather!

Cmon stocks!!!!
    Andy, that is just too cold for this early in the year. It got down to 48 here about 10 days ago and I found myself wearing longjohns....LOL Just too cold man!!!

Mentor
    11-18-2009, 10:30 AM #49
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    I do think Dean has really drawn a line in the sand here, whether he realizes it or not. Dec. 15th is D-Day - Do or die.

Supposedly there is a shrubber who is supposed to head out to the offices today, do some snooping around, take some pics and now meet up with Mr.B

*Qasping (adj.) - The daily act of searching for non-existent information while simultaneously entertaining the thoughts of a Weeping Hemlock (A type of shrub)

LT, I don't think this is a scam. But, this is what I do think about the Shrub Society.

Shrubbers is general seem to be relatively new investors. They don't seem to understand that investing is about finding a company that is selling itself for cheap, and then buying into it. And then you wait, sometimes you wait for quite awhile. And eventually, if it's a good company, the investor reaps the rewards of believing in that company.

Shrubites seem to be after the very quick dollar. They want to buy a stock at 2 cents and sell it for 6 cents two weeks later. That's not the way the world works. There are very few 5 baggers in this world and less 10 baggers. If we make 15 or 20% in a year, that should be considered GREAT!

QASP is positioning itself to grow over a period of several years. I truly beleive that if you just hold on for awhile, you'll see a nice little profit. Hey, look at SIRI. It's a long play and it WILL make us money. Not big money, but reasonable money. Shrubbies want fast big money. If they don't get it they cry FOUL! They know it's a SCAM. They want somebody to go to JAIL!!!!

Shrubvillians need to realize that there is no free lunch...LOL

By the way, I really like your definition of Qasp.....[/QUOTE]

Hi Candleman,

In general I agree but there is also a lot of psyche going on over there from those who have seemingly been around for awhile. It's part 'protectionism' in the sense of a subconscious ideal to keep the naysayers at bay. Being a mod elsewhere and now, after being away for most of the year I have come to recognize just heavy handed I had been in the past, regretfully ...

The sheer beauty of this place, this setting is the lack of BS - Smaller numbers help but I really think it is unique and definitely outside the norm.

Time constraints are forcing me to be unusually short-winded this morning, but I am still wary about the "Q" and am looking to cover my posterior first and foremost, then, if, it all pans out let the remaining shares ride to whatever ... conceivable SP appears to be the escape hatch.

Here is a piece of the puzzle that came up from a shrubber (Who of course was contradicted later by the aforementioned 'do gooders' that maybe this gentleman is really just a poor business man, etc. etc.) It's in regards to one of the other entities that Dean has under his ... operation. CET - Combustion Engine Technologies - This Mr. Al Solarari has a somewhat ... lets call it an interesting background -

http://lastturnclub.com/index.php?op...=147&Itemid=51

Also on the latest interest front from the great Q - A new entity registered on the 16th of the month -

http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/cordet...t_princ_type=R

The Shrubvillians (love that!) of course are squeezing this for all it's worth, what it all might mean .. engines\boats ... etc. Natural and expected.

I remain very suspicious ...

Mentor
    11-18-2009, 10:35 AM #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    LT, I don't think this is a scam. But, this is what I do think about the Shrub Society.

Shrubbers is general seem to be relatively new investors. They don't seem to understand that investing is about finding a company that is selling itself for cheap, and then buying into it. And then you wait, sometimes you wait for quite awhile. And eventually, if it's a good company, the investor reaps the rewards of believing in that company.

Shrubites seem to be after the very quick dollar. They want to buy a stock at 2 cents and sell it for 6 cents two weeks later. That's not the way the world works. There are very few 5 baggers in this world and less 10 baggers. If we make 15 or 20% in a year, that should be considered GREAT!

QASP is positioning itself to grow over a period of several years. I truly beleive that if you just hold on for awhile, you'll see a nice little profit. Hey, look at SIRI. It's a long play and it WILL make us money. Not big money, but reasonable money. Shrubbies want fast big money. If they don't get it they cry FOUL! They know it's a SCAM. They want somebody to go to JAIL!!!!

Shrubvillians need to realize that there is no free lunch...LOL

By the way, I really like your definition of Qasp.....
    Hi Candleman,

In general I agree but there is also a lot of psyche going on over there from those who have seemingly been around for awhile. It's part 'protectionism' in the sense of a subconscious ideal to keep the naysayers at bay. Being a mod elsewhere and now, after being away for most of the year I have come to recognize just heavy handed I had been in the past, regretfully ...

The sheer beauty of this place, this setting is the lack of BS - Smaller numbers help but I really think it is unique and definitely outside the norm.

Time constraints are forcing me to be unusually short-winded this morning, but I am still wary about the "Q" and am looking to cover my posterior first and foremost, then, if, it all pans out let the remaining shares ride to whatever ... conceivable SP appears to be the escape hatch.

Here is a piece of the puzzle that came up from a shrubber (Who of course was contradicted later by the aforementioned 'do gooders' that maybe this gentleman is really just a poor business man, etc. etc.) It's in regards to one of the other entities that Dean has under his ... operation. CET - Combustion Engine Technologies - This Mr. Al Solarari has a somewhat ... lets call it an interesting background -

http://lastturnclub.com/index.php?op...=147&Itemid=51

Also on the latest interest front from the great Q - A new entity registered on the 16th of the month -

http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/cordet...t_princ_type=R

The Shrubvillians (love that!) of course are squeezing this for all it's worth, what it all might mean .. engines\boats ... etc. Natural and expected.

I remain very suspicious ...[/QUOTE]

Good take on things LT!

Being suspicious and cautious are very good attributes about these stock investments of ours. I just got completely burned on CHB, Champion Enterprises. I should have been more cautious!

Page 5 of 19 ... 3456715 ...