Thread: New to Sirius

New to Sirius

what do i need to get sirius , like a radio, boombox do i also need a home kit? or does everthing comes with the boombox? i will not be use sirius in a car, just for my home just list the stuff i would need pleases
    thanks

Mentor
    Welcome to SiriusBuzz, and welcome to the world of Satellite Radio as well!

I have never used a home unit or boombox, so unfortunately I cannot help you. However, I would like to direct you to one of our sponsors: TSS RADIO.

I do not point you there simply because they are a SiriusBuzz sponsor, but because they have one of the largest varieties of Satellite Radio devices and accessories that I have seen anywhere. When BestBuy and Circuit City does not have them, these guys pretty much will. They are all about customer service as well, and I have not heard a single bad comment about these guys. Try them out and then come back and let us know how things went. They will be glad to help you out.

Banned
    Specifically, when would you use it and do you own a home stereo system of ANY kind now?

I ask because I have a sportster model. It has an internal transmitter built in. I can set my home stereo to 88.3 or any station I choose and sirius will broadcast through my home stereo.

I have a docking cradle for it in my car, a home docking unit for the house, and a boombox for work and beach trips.

All you would need with an existing stereo is a home kit. It will even work with any am/fm radio...the better your home stereo, the better the sound quality...