Page 4 of 30 ... 2345614 ...
    Mentor
    11-03-2009, 04:11 PM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    dr dave. im out of dry powder for the time being. take a look at TASR. looks like its in a reversal pattern. trading around $4. potential to about 4.60.. failed breakdown yesterday and 4 held. if i was liquid i would buy now with tight stops if it closes below 4. and prolly sell at 4.60... whattya think?
    Looks good so far - whip up a log scale monthly chart going back to at least 2002. Draw the uptrend line, price is sitting on it. I may give it a shot, want a little confirmation, maybe a buy stop a cent above today's high. I'm going to set up a strangle real quick grmn. Then check out TASR a little more.

Mentor
    11-03-2009, 04:39 PM #32
    I see their last drop was due to earnings. I may wait one more day, see if an up candle forms, then try eod, or set a buy stop a penny or two over the following day's high, makes the stop a little riskier, but the play will have more reason to go in, see if it bounces from these lines.

Mentor
    11-03-2009, 04:55 PM #33
    yes, confirmation is the key. if it breaks $4 support and stays this has the potential to go low 3's. i like that it tested support yesterday and rebounded. i was looking at 4 to hold today and it did. tomorrow an up candle and i believe its a buy signal. but like i said if it breaks support and says below , sell IMO.

Mentor
    11-03-2009, 05:32 PM #34
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    yes, confirmation is the key. if it breaks $4 support and stays this has the potential to go low 3's. i like that it tested support yesterday and rebounded. i was looking at 4 to hold today and it did. tomorrow an up candle and i believe its a buy signal. but like i said if it breaks support and says below , sell IMO.
    lol, roger that. I may give it a shot in my IRA, a lot of crazy option plays planned for tomorrow - doing it the right way though.

11-03-2009, 07:11 PM #35
    Hey Dr. Dave, or anyone, can you tell me what the hell goes on with these split second spikes I see sometimes while SIRI is trading. Is it just a bug in the system or what? You can see by the chart that because of the spike SIRI hit a high of .62 today at 1:45pm. But hell, there was no spike on the volume graph below, to match the spike on the chart. Almost like it didn't happen but you can plainly see that it did because .62 was indeed the high.

Mentor
    11-03-2009, 10:31 PM #36
    Sometimes there are just bad ticks... and those get erased after the trading day is done.

But often, it's just a mistake on the part of a buyer or seller. The volume didn't spike because it was just a single trade. 0.62 is near an old high, so someone was looking to cut out there, and likely so was someone else, and they messed up their trade, and it got routed such that it got paired up and taken.

They could have set up a buy stop around that area, and someone matched a sell. That's my take.

Often on low volume sub-pennies, you'll see a spike and it's usually 10 times what the current level of trading is... so someone with the ability to set their trades 10X off the mark can take advantage of someone else who also can, and got the decimal place wrong. Brokers like scottrade won't allow you to set a trade too far from the bid or ask so that you don't get caught in one of these. With the low volume stocks, all it takes is for the volume between MM's to be taken out one way or the other, and it'll trigger.

Anyway, if it was a real trade, it was a single trade, and that's why there isn't a large spike in volume.

11-04-2009, 01:02 AM #37
    Ah ok then, thanks for the input Dr. Dave. I see those little spikes with SIRI almost daily, except not as big as that .03 one like today, more like a half cent or a penny.

Mentor
    11-04-2009, 03:04 AM #38
    Interesting... was just looking at earnings dates, SIRI is up huh? Creepy with a capital K. The price isn't moving... indecision huh? I guess it's gonna fly or splatter after the release, huh? Seems that this is usually the case when prices kind of pause, especially on some type of lines. This should be interesting.

I almost take it as an ok sign since it hasn't run up any, lol.

Mentor
    11-04-2009, 06:31 AM #39
    Gold almost hit 1100 tonight - it's flying.
    I need to sleep.

Guru
    11-04-2009, 12:33 PM #40

ocnf

OceanFreight Inc. Announces Date for the Release of Third Quarter 2009 Results, Conference Call and Webcast
    Date : 11/03/2009 @ 10:55AM
    Source : MarketWire
    Stock : OceanFreight Inc. (OCNF)
    Quote : 1.0581 0.0381 (3.74%) @ 11:29AM

OceanFreight Inc. Announces Date for the Release of Third Quarter 2009 Results, Conference Call and Webcast

ATHENS, GREECE -- (Marketwire) -- 11/03/09 -- OceanFreight Inc. (NASDAQ: OCNF), a global provider of seaborne transportation services, today announced that it will release its results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2009 after the close of the market in New York on Tuesday, November 10th, 2009. On Wednesday, November 11th, 2009 at 8:30 A.M. Eastern Standard Time EST, the Company's management will host a conference call to discuss the results.

Conference Call details:

Participants should dial into the call 10 minutes before the scheduled time using the following numbers: 1 866 819 7111 (US Toll Free Dial In), 0800 953 0329 (UK Toll Free Dial In) or +44 (0) 1452 542 301 (Standard International Dial In). Please quote "OceanFreight."

A telephonic replay of the conference call will be available until November 18th, 2009 by dialing 1 866 247 4222 (US Toll Free Dial In), 0800 953 1533 (UK Toll Free Dial In) or +44 (0) 1452 550 000 (Standard International Dial In). Access Code: 7445162#.

Slides and audio webcast:

There will also be a simultaneous live webcast over the Internet through the OceanFreight Inc. website (www.oceanfreightinc.com). Participants to the live webcast should register on the website approximately 10 minutes prior to the start of the webcast.

About OceanFreight Inc.

OceanFreight Inc., is an owner and operator of both drybulk and tanker vessels that operate worldwide. As of the day of this release, OceanFreight owns a fleet of 12 vessels, comprising of 8 drybulk vessels (2 Capesize, 6 Panamaxes) and 4 crude carrier tankers (1 Suezmax, 3 Aframaxes) with a combined deadweight tonnage of about 1.2 million tons.

OceanFreight Inc.'s common stock is listed on the NASDAQ Global Market where it trades under the symbol "OCNF." Visit our website at www.oceanfreightinc.com.

Forward-Looking Statement

Matters discussed in this release may constitute forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements reflect our current views with respect to future events and financial performance and may include statements concerning plans, objectives, goals, strategies, future events or performance, and underlying assumptions and other statements, which are other than statements of historical facts.

The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon various assumptions, many of which are based, in turn, upon further assumptions, including without limitation, management's examination of historical operating trends, data contained in our records and other data available from third parties. Although OceanFreight Inc. believes that these assumptions were reasonable when made, because these assumptions are inherently subject to significant uncertainties and contingencies which are difficult or impossible to predict and are beyond our control, OceanFreight Inc. cannot assure you that it will achieve or accomplish these expectations, beliefs or projections.

Important factors that, in our view, could cause actual results to differ materially from those discussed in the forward-looking statements include the strength of world economies and currencies, general market conditions, including changes in charterhire rates and vessel values, changes in demand that may affect attitudes of time charterers to scheduled and unscheduled drydocking, changes in OceanFreight Inc.'s operating expenses, including bunker prices, dry-docking and insurance costs, or actions taken by regulatory authorities, potential liability from pending or future litigation, domestic and international political conditions, potential disruption of shipping routes due to accidents and political events or acts by terrorists.

Risks and uncertainties are further described in reports filed by OceanFreight Inc. with the US Securities and Exchange Commission.

Visit our website at www.oceanfreightinc.com.

Investor Relations/Media:

Nicolas Bornozis

Capital Link, Inc. (New York)

Tel: +1-212-661-7566

E-mail: oceanfreightinc@capitallink.com

Page 4 of 30 ... 2345614 ...