Page 6 of 30 ... 4567816 ...
    Mentor
    11-04-2009, 05:55 PM #51
    dr dave, looks like tasr broke support today with an ugly candle.

11-04-2009, 07:13 PM #52
    Hey Fellas, and Julie, Too

I'm in a not_so_dissimilar boat as many of you. Though, lately, I've not been looking so much at my portfolio.

What's the point? It's not like any of *those* companies are *real*, anyway.

In any event, I've set GTC orders on all but SPNG & SIRI.

I'll be up early for tomorrow's chat with Mel & will be considering selling one of my SIRI lots in the coming week.

I'm not so concerned about calamity as much as maybe it's time to take a few cards off the table.

Glad to see that you're back, Chuck, and that your thirst was quenched 70% of the time. That's pretty good, I'd say, considering that you were on a bike & not exactly riding through Oregon.

Have a great evening, folks.

Mentor
    11-04-2009, 07:37 PM #53
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    dr dave, looks like tasr broke support today with an ugly candle.
    I guess that's what confirmation is for... though, if bought yesterday, the stop would have been executed...

I ran a strangle on GRMN - bought calls and puts both at the same price - stock tanked - call down 95%, but the put went up 143% - I pulled the trigger a little early on selling the put, the one time I should have stayed in bed, so I'm basically even, another 15 mins, and I would have made the 40%. No harm no foul... I still hold the call since there is no point in selling it, so I can actually maybe still make some money, but I can't lose anymore, we'll $5. I set up another on MGM today.

Enthusiast
    11-04-2009, 08:11 PM #54

Siri

Hello all. This can't be good. 5 beneficial owners sold a combined 997300 shares at .5829 on Monday. I'm a novice but wouldn't them selling just prior to the call be insider trading?

I know I'm missing something.

Mentor
    11-04-2009, 08:45 PM #55
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsandy View Post
    Hello all. This can't be good. 5 beneficial owners sold a combined 997300 shares at .5829 on Monday. I'm a novice but wouldn't them selling just prior to the call be insider trading?

I know I'm missing something.
    yes you are missing something. its a scheduled sale, been going on since may. the shares were given in lieu of bonus. the sales tranches are sold every month by a third party proxy until all shares are sold. btw, insiders cant buy or sell within a certain amount of days before a CC (i forget what the time limit is). there is nothing unusual about this sale.

Enthusiast
    11-04-2009, 09:43 PM #56
    yes you are missing something. its a scheduled sale, been going on since may. the shares were given in lieu of bonus. the sales tranches are sold every month by a third party proxy until all shares are sold. btw, insiders cant buy or sell within a certain amount of days before a CC (i forget what the time limit is). there is nothing unusual about this sale.
    Thanks for sharing. Just thought the timing was suspect.

Mentor
    11-04-2009, 10:04 PM #57
    I at least like the timing of mel on the box...
    If he was on CNBC today, I would be getting up bright and early for a sell-off... ie. my amzn (last quarter) and fslr (this quarter) plays were heavily tooted as thumbs up by the media the day before earnings - only to have pretty bad crashes after the earnings were announced. I'm not saying that because he's on tomorrow that siri's stuff will be good, just that I would be heavily leaning toward them being bad if he were on today.

11-04-2009, 10:32 PM #58
    I have to agree with ya there also Dr. Dave. I really don't like to see Mel on CNBC at all since the stock usually doesn't do well when he's on there lol, but this time could be an exception. Either way, if SIRI holds up above your .55 level or so the next couple days I'm ok with that I guess. .70 looks good too though.

And btw, I was going back in time earlier today and rechecking those .01 gaps, and damn if I didn't miss one all the way back at .1049 to .1150 I think it was, way back when SIRI was going through the BK fiasco. Sooo, maybe the gaps won't come into play that much anymore post Liberty Media, like they used to before they came into the picture. Would be nice.

I see SIRI traded about 600,000 shares after hours and did ok in gaining about a penny.

Guru
    11-04-2009, 11:02 PM #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Guy View Post
    The same as ATM, Im in a holding pattern...waiting for something BIG to happen on QASP. Sitting tight on my 21K shares of SIRI. OCNF is looking good and may pick up some more eventually.

Like ATM, I need to start jogging again. Slowly getting my body back into shape, a 100 pushups/situps and 20 pullups a night and I will get there eventually.

Temps hovering around the freezing mark with overcast skies...their calling for a little freezing rain/wind and possibly snow tonight. It needs to make up its mind.

Hey Bill, I took your advice and the windows turned out great, thanks again!!!! Next up I need to finish tearing down the bathroom, going to tile it and put in a corner jetted tub.
    I am glad the windows turned out great. That is a technique that I use the majority of the time and it is easy (relatively). I don't know how much experience that you have tiling, but I would suggest putting all of the tile on a diagonal instead of straight. If you are not really up on tiling, please let me know and I will be happy to help.

On the jetted tub thingy....they were **HUGE** out here with people, but people don't use them anymore (at least out here). They take too much water and are hard to keep warm, even with an inline heater built in. I would suggest going with a steam shower instead (ya, a guys thing). I am putting one in my bathroom. I have it upstairs and need to install it. I have to put my new tub in first though. I got the tub and it was a year before I unpackaged it. Well, turns out that it is a drop in tub without anywhere to drop it in to, so I have to set it and then build a side on it with 2x4's plywood, hardibacker and then tile and I have to raise the plumbing up....oh well. If you need help, please ask!

Guru
    11-04-2009, 11:05 PM #60
    hey bill , how are you? im still in wait n see mode.

dr dave, looks like it will be a post CC run for sirius. i guess depending how people chart trendlines , maybe we still needed to resolve the triangle? i am still bullish. patterns are very similiar to previous Q's , timeline and breakout in respect to CC's are different. volume is picking up. mel karmazin (CEO) is appearing on CNBC's squawk box tomorrow morning.
    Hey Bass, I am great. Since there isn't anything exciting at the moment, I am working (making money). It is quite enjoyable. I am there with you in the wait and see mode.

I think I will post some new recipes tomorrow in here. I found a killer recipe for burritos and a couple of other things.

The holiday season is coming, so please post recipes that you all love. He he , hey, we have to have something to do here!

Page 6 of 30 ... 4567816 ...