Page 1 of 30 12311 ...
    Guru
    11-02-2009, 01:36 AM #1

Market Watch for week of 11/02 - 11/08 2009

Check last week's thread to catch up. I am sorry that we had to end the thread for last week. It was a much bigger week and a lot of fun and frustration...not to mention drama. Actually, there is tons of great information there to continue with and unanswered posts.

Anyway, here is the new thread for the week.

Anybody that is reading or lurking in this thread is welcome to post. We are a very peaceful investment team here and we all help each other in any way that we can.

If this is your first time here...then welcome!

From the crew that resides within these walls...have fun and help each other learn and hopefully succeed!

Disclaimer for this thread: Always do your own due diligence (research). None of we people in here are investment advisers or brokers, or anything that resembles a professional when it comes to dealing with stocks. If you have any questions about any stock or anything said in here, check it out with your broker. We are just a bunch of people trying to make some money, just like anyone else. What you do is your sole responsibility and not mine or that of anyone else that posts in here. This is simply a discussion group and nothing more. Stocks are very risky and you could lose all of your money. Seek professional advice before doing anything whatsoever. We are amateurs in here and are wrong most of the time. Do not take any chances with our advice to each other or our self-seeking and self-fulfilling comments.
    Last edited by billhart22; 11-09-2009 at 02:46 AM.

Mentor
    11-02-2009, 01:42 AM #2
    New PR from SiriusXM...Perfect timing with CC on the 5th! Looks like they finally figured out how this PR thing is supposed to work!

XM SkyDock Now Available for Purchase Across the Country

XM SkyDock(TM) is now available at retailers and online stores nationwide including the Apple Store, www.apple.com, Best Buy, RadioShack and www.xmradio.com/skydock

NEW YORK, Nov 02, 2009 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- SIRIUS XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) today announced that the XM SkyDock(TM), the first satellite radio controlled by an iPod touch or iPhone, is available for purchase in stores across the country including the Apple Store (www.apple.com), Best Buy, Radio Shack, independent retailers and online retailers, including www.xmradio.com/skydock.

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/...19/NYTU044LOGO )

"We are excited to launch XM SkyDock at our subscribers' favorite retailers," said Bob Law, Group Vice President and General Manager, After Market Division, SIRIUS XM Radio. "The XM SkyDock can bring live satellite radio entertainment to millions of iPod touch and iPhone users in their vehicles."

Subscribers can enjoy all of XM and the complete "Best of SIRIUS" programming package controlled by their iPod touch or iPhone anywhere they drive. XM SkyDock will also charge iPod touch and iPhone devices while listening to satellite radio.

The required XM SkyDock App utilizes the innovative Multi-Touch user interface of iPhone and iPod touch to let customers experience the breadth of content SIRIUS XM subscribers have come to enjoy. The XM SkyDock App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore.

Subscribers can easily tag songs and purchase them from the iTunes Store (www.iTunes.com) --including songs on SIRIUS XM's 24/7 artist-branded commercial-free channels such as Jimmy Buffett's Radio Margaritaville, Elvis Radio, Eminem's Shade 45, The Grateful Dead Channel, B.B. King's Bluesville, Willie Nelson's Willie's Place, and Siriusly Sinatra.

XM SkyDock comes with SIRIUS XM's PowerConnect(TM) technology, which simplifies vehicle installation, working through the existing vehicle radio and making it easy to move from vehicle to vehicle. An Aux In Cable is a standard in-box accessory to facilitate Aux In connections in vehicles with Aux In capability.

XM SkyDock is compatible with iPod touch (1st and 2nd generation), iPhone, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. All models require iPhone OS 3.0 or later.

XM SkyDock is available at retail locations and online stores nationwide, including the Apple Store (www.apple.com), Best Buy, www.bestbuy.com, www.crutchfield.com, RadioShack and www.xmradio.com/skydock, as well as independent retailers from coast to coast, at an MSRP of $119.99.

To view the interactive demo and to learn more about XM SkyDock, please visit www.xmradio.com/skydock.

To learn more about XM, please visit www.xmradio.com.

About SIRIUS XM Radio

SIRIUS XM Radio is America's satellite radio company delivering to subscribers commercial-free music channels, premier sports, news, talk, entertainment, and traffic and weather.

SIRIUS XM Radio has content relationships with an array of personalities and artists, including Howard Stern, Martha Stewart, Oprah Winfrey, Jimmy Buffett, Jamie Foxx, Barbara Walters, Opie & Anthony, Bubba the Love Sponge(R), The Grateful Dead, Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, and Bob Edwards. SIRIUS XM Radio is the leader in sports programming as the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the NFL, Major League Baseball(R), NASCAR(R), NBA, NHL(R), and PGA TOUR(R), and broadcasts major college sports.

SIRIUS XM Radio has arrangements with every major automaker. SIRIUS XM Radio products are available at shop.sirius.com and shop.xmradio.com, and at retail locations nationwide, including Best Buy, RadioShack, Wal-Mart and independent retailers.

SIRIUS XM Radio also offers SIRIUS Backseat TV, the first ever live in-vehicle rear seat entertainment featuring Nickelodeon, Disney Channel and Cartoon Network; XM NavTraffic(R) service for GPS navigation systems delivers real-time traffic information, including accidents and road construction, for more than 80 North American markets.

This communication contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements about the benefits of the business combination transaction involving SIRIUS and XM, including potential synergies and cost savings and the timing thereof, future financial and operating results, the combined company's plans, objectives, expectations and intentions with respect to future operations, products and services; and other statements identified by words such as "will likely result," " are expected to," "anticipate," "believe," "plan," "estimate," "intend," "will," "should," "may," or words of similar meaning. Such forward-looking statements are based upon the current beliefs and expectations of SIRIUS' and XM's management and are inherently subject to significant business, economic and competitive uncertainties and contingencies, many of which are difficult to predict and generally beyond the control of SIRIUS and XM. Actual results may differ materially from the results anticipated in these forward-looking statements.

The following factors, among others, could cause actual results to differ materially from the anticipated results or other expectations expressed in the forward-looking statement: our substantial indebtedness; the businesses of SIRIUS and XM may not be combined successfully, or such combination may take longer, be more difficult, time-consuming or costly to accomplish than expected; the useful life of our satellites; our dependence upon automakers and other third parties; our competitive position versus other forms of audio and video entertainment; and general economic conditions. Additional factors that could cause SIRIUS' and XM's results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements can be found in SIRIUS' Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2008 and XM's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2008, which are filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and available at the SEC's Internet site (http://www.sec.gov). The information set forth herein speaks only as of the date hereof, and SIRIUS and XM disclaim any intention or obligation to update any forward looking statements as a result of developments occurring after the date of this communication.

R-SIRI

Contacts for SIRIUS XM Radio:

Sal Resendez
    SIRIUS XM Radio
    sal.resendez@siriusxm.com
    646 313 2405

Mentor
    11-02-2009, 01:46 AM #3
    Bill

Hope you had a great w/e!

Talk you ya'll tomorrow!

Jeff

Guru
    11-02-2009, 02:00 AM #4

About Sirius

This is just a remark. I remember when everybody was mentally masturbating over the I-Phone application that didn't come out and then eventually came out as a third party ( if I have that right), and how it was going to make such a big difference, because it was going to tie everything together.

Well, anyway, this weekend I realized how small and insignificant it all was, because there are over 85,000 I-Phone applications out now. They are everything from ordering Pizza from Pizza Hut, to learning new guitar chords or foreign languages (You have probably seen the commercial during the football games). By the way, Denver lost, but Kudos to the Ravens, as their defense really played well! I don't usually give the opposing team a compliment, but the Ravens deserved this one. Yes, they were desperate, but they played great!

I guess what I am trying to say is there just wasn't that much focus by the general community on a single application, because there were so many others. Maybe this was part of the problem. If not, or any other comments, please post them. It was that I just followed that logic for the longest time and then nothing really jelled.

Guru
    11-02-2009, 02:02 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Bill

Hope you had a great w/e!

Talk you ya'll tomorrow!

Jeff
    Hey Jeff,

I had a great weekend and I PM'd you earlier. I have to work again tomorrow and a while Tuesday, then back to stocks. I might have a couple more projects this week, so who knows. Have a great one!

Addict
    11-02-2009, 07:07 AM #6
    BioCentric Energy Announces Merger Agreement With Renewed World Energies
    BEHL06:00 ESTMarketwire
    SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/02/09 -- BioCentric Energy Holdings, Inc. (PINKSHEETS: BEHL) today confirmed a merger agreement between BioCentric Energy Holdings, Inc. and Renewed World Energies, an established closed loop Photobioreactor manufacturer and ALGAE production facility based in Georgetown, South Carolina.

Dennis Fisher, CEO of BioCentric (BEHL), stated today, "After extensive talks, and comparative data exchanges between the two companies, it became apparent that major synergetic opportunities would evolve if both companies were to combine efforts to advance Photobioreactor closed loop technology and ALGAE reproductive systems with the advanced capability of producing Power in the form of electricity, passing directly in to the 'Grid' system."

Mr. Fisher further commented, "The basic agreement outlines the two companies will merge all assets, and BioCentric Energy Holdings, the publicly traded company, will be the surviving entity, BioCentric's name will be changed to a mutually agreeable new name, along with the filing of SEC Form 10 registration document to become a reporting entity along with a Form 15c-211 filing to enable the company to emerge as a fully reporting Bulletin Board company. The draft logistical plan for the facilities is, the Huntington Beach, California facility will be the designated Corporate Headquarters with the Research and Development arm located in Prague, Czech Republic and the Georgetown, South Carolina location will be the heavy engineering equipment manufacturing and ALGAE production unit of the consolidated companies."

Richard Armstrong, President & CEO of Renewed World Energies, stated, "With the combined resources of RWE's heavy engineering background and experience, along with BioCentric's scientific and marketing expertise, we at RWE strongly believe this can be only a win-win situation with limitless possibilities in the fields of closed loop reproductive equipment and ALGAE strain research and productivity, which we believe will ultimately lead to significant revenues and profitability for both the company and shareholders alike."

About Renewed World Energies:

RENEWED WORLD ENERGIES was formed to provide integrated, technically sophisticated solutions to satisfy the markets for clean burning fossil fuel alternatives, reduction or recycling CO2 emissions from combustion processes, and to address domestic energy security concerns. RWE was established by two engineers with 55+ years of experience in designing, developing and managing the implementation of industrial process control solutions. The company is founded on the belief that through robust process control renewable energy alternatives can be produced rapidly, economically and reliably. In 2006, Tim Tompkins, a chemical engineer, and Richard Armstrong, an electrical engineer, began to think about the methods, processes and equipment required to produce commercially viable quantities of alternative fuels used for vehicular transportation. They also recognized that it must be done in a clean, economical manner. There early efforts lead to the formation of RENEWED WORLD ENERGIES in 2008 -- the company to produce and sell the first commercially available automated microalgae photo-bioreactors for the production of energy feedstocks.

RWE offers commercial large-scale bioreactor systems, which include the panels, plumbing, process control technology, pumps, heat exchangers and sensors. These systems can be deployed to grow and process algae for fuel or intermediates; assembled as test platforms for examination of mass algae culture; deployed as incubators for developing large volume algae culture to inoculate open pond systems; or, included as components of advanced carbon capture pollution control solutions. RWE's advanced industrial grade solutions are available now.

When combined with harvesting equipment, the photo-bioreactors form the basis of the System's competitive advantage in producing high quality feedstock able to be converted to fuel. The fuel can be used directly or after gasification by turbines to generate electricity whichever is most economical at the time.

BioCentric Energy today confirmed the Shareholder Conference call scheduled for Friday, November 6th, 2009 at 9:00am PST. The conference call dial and questionnaire information will be available on the company's website on Wednesday, November 4th, or by e-mail from: daniellepetty@biocentricenergy.com

Danielle Petty was recently appointed Vice President of Investor Relations for the consolidated companies and will be providing updated information via the company's websites and by way of public announcements.

VOD Newswire Video Format: http://vodnewswire.com/vodnewswire/n...ergy-20091102/

RELEVANT LINKS

www.biocentricenergy.com

www.rwenergies.com

11-02-2009, 09:39 AM #7
    Good morning, Fellas, and Julie, Too

Bill:

I hear what you're saying - I do...

My thoughts:

There are a lot of apps, indeed. And the majority of them get no love, unless advertised. Which happens to be what blows me away about how phenomenal the iPhone (with Apps) is & provides fodder for further contemplation that leads me to believe that we've only seen the tip of the iceberg with Apple's reach and effects on the world.

To be more specific, how many companies have thousands of other companies advertising FOR THEM?

I'm reminded of the old "try to NOT see a picture of a cow" challenge. Perhaps you remember this -- basicially, milk was so big and highly promoted that the average American couldn't go a day without seeing a cow.

Anyway, here's the modern challenge -- try to go a day without seeing a picture of an iPhone/iPod.

As for the Sirius|XM apps...

Sirius App - sorry, no Howard, no banter...no *real* push. Now, when & if HoSte gets on the app...completely different story.

XM Skydock - it's a real product that companies - other than Sxm - can make money from retailing it. THEY will be advertising it, along with Sxm. So, there *will* be a buzz about it.

Fact is, it's on Apple's website as a "staff favorite".

Now, none of this is to say that it's a true game-changer. I will say, however, that it will bring in revenue. Furthermore, I will go so far as to say that my nose tells me that there's more to the Skydock than we believe.

I'll hold off on my conspiracy theories until after I've had my coffee, though.

Anyway...

I see that BEHL is merging...

Morning confession:

It's funny - I've eaten more fish in the past year than probably 90% of my biological family in their entire life -- not including catfish ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    This is just a remark. I remember when everybody was mentally masturbating over the I-Phone application that didn't come out and then eventually came out as a third party ( if I have that right), and how it was going to make such a big difference, because it was going to tie everything together.

Well, anyway, this weekend I realized how small and insignificant it all was, because there are over 85,000 I-Phone applications out now. They are everything from ordering Pizza from Pizza Hut, to learning new guitar chords or foreign languages (You have probably seen the commercial during the football games). By the way, Denver lost, but Kudos to the Ravens, as their defense really played well! I don't usually give the opposing team a compliment, but the Ravens deserved this one. Yes, they were desperate, but they played great!

I guess what I am trying to say is there just wasn't that much focus by the general community on a single application, because there were so many others. Maybe this was part of the problem. If not, or any other comments, please post them. It was that I just followed that logic for the longest time and then nothing really jelled.

Addict
    11-02-2009, 12:22 PM #8
    Quasar Aerospace Industries, Inc. CEO Dean Completes Personal Purchases and Resumes Company's Buy Back Program of Quasar Aerospace Stock

2009-11-02*11:15*ET - News Release

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 11/02/09

Quasar Aerospace Industries, Inc. (PINKSHEETS: QASP)

Dean Bradley, the CEO of Quasar Aerospace Industries, Inc., has notified the company that he has completed his purchase of $50,000 of Quasar Aerospace Industries shares. This purchase was in compliance with SEC Rule 10b-18 and the shares become restricted under Rule 144.

The Company will now resume its Buy Back Program, and the Board of Directors has authorized the officers to repurchase up to 20% of the total outstanding shares. It has approved the repurchase of up to $250,000 worth of stock for the first two weeks of November. These shares will be retired to Treasury Stock and reduce the number of outstanding shares of the company.

11-02-2009, 01:57 PM #9
    SPNG

I see that Spongetech has a new section on its website. At least, it's new to me...

http://www.spongetechinc.com/company_profile/highlights

It's interesting that they *have* this info but yet don't find it necessary to provide documentation.

btw, did anyone see that dip to .02 this morning? What a effing joke...

11-02-2009, 02:49 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post

Bill, I'll agree with you on both points...the iphone app in the end was a do nothing, sorry to say and yes the Ravens did play excellent football yesterday. The Broncos D also played very well and I think the weak link in the chain was exposed...pressure on Orton. It is possible that we may see each other again at the end of the year and I think it will be a much different game.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ...