Guru
    10-28-2009, 02:42 PM #1

What is a the term "flat earther" mean?

I will give you my definition. I believe it is someone that has been shown the facts of record and has been shown that his studies and estimates have been proven to be wrong because of those same RECOPRDED FACTS as time has gone on shows that they have NOT come true and then still dismisses those results and throws any and everything that shows he was wrong, under the bus as they come up. It is someone that has got to keep changing his terminology (case in point: Global warming now changed to climate change) to fit the new FACTS OF RECORD. Look at what they have done now their own head scientist NOW says almost exactly what I have been saying for 6 month that the earth is going into a cooling trend for the next 10 to 20 years and what do they do they dismiss him or say that is not what he is saying. The facts he is now saying his prior estimates were wrong they will no longer even come close to what the UN IPPC said it would be. It has been proven Gore flat out lied in most of his film, yet even after all that they still blindly believe in those global warming theories.

A flat earther is not a person that says man is NOT responsible for global warming.

A flat earther is a person that says man IS responsible for global warming.

Facts make the difference. Facts are not on the man made global warming side,they are on the side that man is NOT responsible for global warming. That the earth has gone through worse tempiture changes to both sides well before man was on the earth and will continue to go through those changes if we are here or not.

Fact tempitures were much higher before then they are and have been in the last hundred years. Man was not on the planet then so what caused it then, if man is the answer.

Legend
    10-28-2009, 02:50 PM #2
    A flat-earther is someone who believes the earth is flat as opposed to round. Its a metaphor for those who dont accept proven science long after it has been shown to be fact. I quess in this case it would apply to anyone who doesnt understand that the AP study was solicited and published by them and was a blind independent study.

As in this sentence "John is a member of the flat earth society"

Always glad to be of service. Carry on.

Guru
    10-28-2009, 03:17 PM #3
    Lets see since the AP only reported the first tempitures that NASA put out but never reported that NASA was wrong and changed their figures, it has to make me wonder, what figures did they give the people doing the stats. One would have to ask that considering that the recorded FACTS are that the tempitures are what they are now and they clearly show that for the last 10 years the tempitures on average have been decreasing not increasing. I am sure if anyone looks at the study closely just like Steve McIntyre looked at NASAs study and proved they were wrong (BECAUSE NASA THEMSELVES ADMITTED TO IT) they will find the same result that Steve McIntyre found in the NASA numbers. That a clear bias got in the way of true findings. I might be more influenced by this study if I was not aware of the true tempitures and the results of trends when taken over the last 10 years.

Lets remember the AP said this about the support for health care.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091007/...ll_health_care

Really a split, come on only a flat earther would believe that. That is unless they went into the poll and found that the poll was false and had been played with. Next time they should try asking the same number of republicans as democrats.