Page 1 of 3 123
    Legend
    10-26-2009, 07:29 PM #1

AP IMPACT:Statisticians Reject Global Cooling

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world...ct-174088.html

This is a study of INDEPENDENT statisticians done for the AP. it says what i have been saying. Once more i have to call out the lies being told by the far right winging, tea bagging, birthing movement.

'The last 10 years are the warmest 10-year period of the modern record,' said NOAA climate monitoring chief Deke Arndt. 'Even if you analyze the trend during that 10 years, the trend is actually positive, which means warming' ".

"The AP sent expert statisticians NOAA's (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) year-to-year ground temperature changes over 130 years and the 30 years of satellite-measured temperatures PREFERRED BY SKEPTICS and gathered by scientists at the University of Alabama in Huntsville.

"Saying there is a downward trend since 1988 is not scientifically legitimate, Said David Peterson, a retired Duke University statistics professor and one of those analyzing the numbers."
    Statisticians who analyzed the data found a distinct decades-long UPWARD trend in the numbers, but could not find a significant drop in the past 10 years in either data set."
    Last edited by Havakasha; 10-26-2009 at 10:34 PM.

Legend
    10-26-2009, 08:06 PM #2
    It clearly states that "this year is on track to being the 6th hottest on record"
    In two more months if that holds true all those yelling global cooling from the roof tops will have to eat their words. John will just spout more insults.

"The current El Nino is forecast to get stronger, probably pushing global temperatures even higher next year, scientists say. NASA climate scientist Gavin Schmidt predicts 2010 may break a record, so a cooling trend 'will be never talked about again'.

Only have to wait 2 more years to see how this plays out.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 10-26-2009 at 10:37 PM.

Legend
    10-27-2009, 12:23 AM #3
    Hey Dread you want to take on this new study if John doesnt?
    Welcome to the political thread. Long hiatus? Substitute for John?

Legend
    10-27-2009, 03:23 PM #4
    Yet again John refuses to engage in a serious discussion about Global warming. i present the newest independent study solicited by the AP on the subject and he ignores it.
    Is anyone really surprised?

Legend
    10-27-2009, 04:55 PM #5
    No rightwingers to take on the study? Figures. Have a good day.

10-27-2009, 10:17 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Hey Dread you want to take on this new study if John doesnt?
    Welcome to the political thread. Long hiatus? Substitute for John?
    No mention of solar cycles? Hmm, I guess the sun has absolutely nothing to do with the earths temperature? Or the rotation of the earth in conjunction with its distance to the sun. No mention of it in the article? No logic, just opinion in your article.

Well, this topic is a complete waist of time. Here is something for you to read.

http://scottthong.wordpress.com/2007...venient-truth/

Oh, and by the way, you need to prove one fundamental thing. That CO2 is a pollutant. The left tried water vapor first, then finally realized they had no way to get even close to measuring it. So they chose CO2 because they can ruffly guest-a-mate on it.

Just one more excuse for more taxes. HEY GUYS!! LETS TAX THE AIR!!

Legend
    10-27-2009, 10:37 PM #7
    "no logic just opinion in your article."

I quess you consider a blind study of statisticians solicited by the AP just an opinion?
    I quess you consider all the research by climate scientists just opinions as well.
    I quess everything is opinion and there is no science. Interesting.
    Are you also a member of the flat earth society like John?

'This topic is a complete waste of time"
    Something tells me you might not be saying that in 20 years.

"Tax the air"
    Your taxes in the form of higher energy prices (how are your heating, water, and electric bills now and how much are they going up every year?) will be going way up if we dont transition to alternative energy soon.

Legend
    10-27-2009, 10:40 PM #8
    http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80...eady-underway/

Here read some more science please.

Legend
    10-27-2009, 10:44 PM #9
    Co2 is good for oil barons.
    Some more fairy tale busting.

http://www.desmogblog.com/co2-good-oil-barons

Legend
    10-27-2009, 10:47 PM #10
    Follow the trail. Keep reading and you will see what loons these right wingers are?

http://thesietch.org/mysietch/keith/...his-is-a-joke/

Page 1 of 3 123