Page 6 of 6 ... 456
    Mentor
    10-31-2009, 03:06 PM #51
    please check out the last couple of pages of the market thread for some T/A on SIRIUS. DR DAVE has posted some charts and analysis.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    10-31-2009, 06:30 PM #52
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrunningfool View Post
    What's going on up there in Victoria. I read where the place is at a standstill over the Olympic relay? Oh and great stock day today.

Victoria is going great, how about southern California? The weather has been pretty good for fall, minimal rain and lots of blue sky!

I found out first hand how bad the Olympic torch relay is!!! I live in a little town outside of Victoria with only one way in and one way out lol... I was at a standstill for about an hour and a half this morning at 7am! The worst part of it is, I was late by 3 cars...

I agree, great day for stocks. Well at least better than Friday! No downward movement, just nice and flat!

Mentor
    10-31-2009, 11:31 PM #53

question for Charles . . .

Hey Roc

Who is this mystery WOMAN "Sandra Q" and why has SHE been banned so quickly?

After all, wouldn't it be nice to have at least 1 legitimate woman poster as part of our community?

I was going to start-up a brand new thread entitled "Why has Sanda Q been banned" but then I remembered reading somewhere that we are not allowed to start up a million new threads . . .

P.S. Hey Socal . . Very observant as usual . . . but I would say more like an intentional face-mask/unsportsmanlike conduct . . . yup . . . start marching-off the 15 yards imo

Mentor
    10-31-2009, 11:54 PM #54
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Subs will be one of the only metrics that wont be bad in the 3rd quarter as they were in the 1st or 2nd quarter. Almost all the rest of the metrics will be worse though. Reason why is simple, first subs cost to get. we all know that the 1st and 2nd quarters they did not get that many as they have in the 3rd. On top of that they will have the normal (for the 3rd quarter) added cost of all the radios and chipsets/subsidies for the 4th quarter that they pay for in advance. Like I said look at the years prior the 3rd quarter has always been terrible for most of the metrics compared to the rest. The FCF was one of the biggest drags yet it all comes out in the wash in the end because the 4th quarter always makes up for the third quarter. As stated before look at SIRI in 2007, even though the 3rd quarter had a really negitive drag on FCF, the 4th quarter had enough to not only be positive for that quarter but when the extra was take from the 4th quarter to the third it made them positive for FCF for half of the year (3rd and 4th quarter).
    Thanks john! Spot-on as usual. I sure wouldn't mind seeing a surprise with CPO revenue . . . especially since the chipset is already paid for! We shall see . . . Mel sounded very confident at the Liberty presentation.

Mentor
    11-01-2009, 12:01 AM #55
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrunningfool View Post
    For those that enjoy entertainment. Please read SRK's post to Tyler's Miley Cirus article. A classic to be sure.

And for continued entertainment. Please follow the Steve O. Posts. Wow!
    For those of you who do not get the reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxUr2ggLlhI

Page 6 of 6 ... 456