Guru
    10-27-2009, 03:10 PM #1

For those that thought what George Town Partners did was bad get ready for this.

Hey if you thought what George Town Partners did to the merger of SIRIXM was bad then you better get ready for Mark Lloyd you know the diversity officer (appointed by Obama) at the FCC.

In Lloyd's own words:

“The Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) must be reformed along
    democratic lines and funded on a substantial level."
    ---
    "Instead, the government should determine what we can listen to. (sorry
    for ending that sentence with a preposition, but this frustrates the grammar
    out of me). The "Fairness Doctrine" may be dead, but the liberal state
    machine has not given up the fight to suppress the voices of those who
    oppose their will. They've just taken off the mask of "fairness" and
    replaced it with false faces of "diversity" and "localization."

Dont say I didn't tell you this was going to happen because I warned you several weeks ago about this guy.

Thats why who you vote for matters.

Guru
    10-27-2009, 03:14 PM #2
    Charles please move this to "General SIRIXM Discussion". I made a mistake by putting this here instead of there.

Thanks john

Mentor
    10-27-2009, 08:51 PM #3
    Ho, numbnuts . . are you breakin the rules again . . what's this frickin post doing in my sirius thread you dip shit? Don't be hijacking the sirius thread dumb ass

lol-lol-lmao-lmao

Guru
    10-28-2009, 04:30 PM #4
    Sirius Roadkill, yes it was a dumbass thing I did but at least I realized that very soon after I made that mistake, What a wonderful world we would have if everyone did at least that.

Besides that dumbass thing, what do you think about that Mark Lloyd. I know you where here during the George Town Partners bullshit. Can you imagine how that (if the merger would have happen at all under democrat control) man would have changed that part of the equation. Remember the outrage, I wonder how many of those people voted for Obama, who gave that man that much power. I believe it is fare to say at least half did.

I am just saying people better wake the frick up and realize they are voting against themselves.

Mentor
    10-28-2009, 06:26 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I know you where here during the George Town Partners bullshit. Can you imagine how that (if the merger would have happen at all under democrat control) man would have changed that part of the equation. .
    I can only imagine . . . we would not even be having this discussion . . . we would have been wiped out already:

"Georgetown argued that a merged XM/Sirius threatened minority voices in broadcasting. "Minority programmers today have two completely independent alternatives to attain national programming reach," the statement observed. "However, in the event that the proposed merger is approved without appropriate conditions, there will be but a single entity in control of all 300+ nationwide radio broadcast channels. Failure to obtain carriage through the single licensee, no matter the reason, would preclude nationwide coverage and the consequent ability to aggregate niche audiences."

And so Georgetown proposed that, as a condition of XM/Sirius merger approval, the FCC require the new broadcaster to "sublease on a permanent basis broadcasting infrastructure and sufficient channel capacity to a minority-controlled entity which would enable that entity to be a viable competitor to the post merger Company."

Subsequent comments asked that at least 20 percent of XM/Sirius be leased out to the new broadcaster; that's a swath of spectrum worth about 50 to 100 channels."