Page 2 of 2 12
    Legend
    10-21-2009, 04:45 PM #11
    More facts. it isnt "years" since Obama took office. Its been 9 months.

Take it up with the chairmen of Dupont and Caterpillar and all other business leaders. I bet you cant do that anymore than you can take up global warming with Senator Graham.
    I am going to step out of the way so you can argue with those guys. enjoy.

Guru
    10-21-2009, 07:53 PM #12
    No dumbass he has not but all the ecomomist are saying that unemployment will get worse (get over 10%) and that it will not even start to come down below 10% again until second or third quarter OF NEXT YEAR you twit. Masny economist are also saying that it will not get below 9% until at least 2011 and it will be still above 8% in 2012. Those are YEARS dumbass and the unemployment will still be higher then when Obama took office. I guess by then they will be saying as they did with Clinton that 5% is full employment, just this time it will be 8% right.

Mentor
    10-21-2009, 08:26 PM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    I knew you couldnt keep a good right wing agitator down for long. LOL.

You forgot to post A COMMENT like the rules state.

Yes i think thats right about unemployment being high for quite a long time to come. We just disagree about what caused it, why it might go on for longer than normal, and how to alleviate it.

First of all this is still Bush's recession. Anyone knows that unemployment turns around last in a recession. It keeps going up even AFTER a recession has ended. The recession started under Bush and unemployment was quite high when Obama took office.

Second i listened to the Chairmen of Dupont and Caterpillar say that THIS recession was unlike any they had seen before. It was unique and therefore unemployment and other economic problems were likely to be with us for much longer periods of time than would normally be the case. I think anyone with the least bit of honesty would acknowledge that.

The more important point (since Obama has only been in office for 9 months) is what do we do going forward to change the US so that we can become an economic power again like we have been in the past. Obviously the world has changed and we have problems (failing car companies, expensive health care system for businesses and individuals etc) and competition (China, India etc) that we didnt have to deal with 10 years ago. '
    Its going to take innovation (alternative energy etc) among other things to tackle our challenges. You cant be a member of the flat earth society and expect to change this country so it can face the 21st century problems.
    Lloyd- cant argue about when the recession started! no question...started on Bush's watch.

However, unemployment was somewhere between 6-6.5% when Obama took office. Now 10% and still climbing.

As you stated...Anyone knows that unemployment turns around last in a recession...why then did Obama state...if we pass this porkulus bill, unemployment will top out at 8%...is he stupid or just naive! Answer really doesnt matter...country is significantly worse off since he took office!

Agreed...unemployment rates will stay high for quite some time...mainly due to Obama's policies...lowering taxes...not raising them...will generate new jobs. Michigan has cont to raise taxes during this economic downturn...the whole state is practically in foreclosure!

Legend
    10-21-2009, 09:24 PM #14
    Just Sirius, can you tell John the recession started under Bush? Therefore most people consider it Bush's recession since it started in March of 2007 (?).
    Can you tell him that unemployment characteristically goes up even after a recession ends?
    Can you tell him that unemployment is the last thing to turn around after a recession ends?
    Can you tell him that business leaders including chairmen of Dupont and Caterpillar have said "they have never seen a recession like this" and dont expect a normal turnaround and dont blame President Obama?

Its a place to start the rest is hopeless.

Guru
    10-22-2009, 01:12 PM #15
    You just said " Bush had an unemployment rate at about 6% when he left. Obama has almost doubled that."

Wow. Where do you get your facts. Glen Beck? LOL.

I just read the unemployment rate was at 8.1% when Obama took office (it is now 9.8%). Like i said before unemployment always continues to head up after a recession ends.

I just wanted to put this in a quote because now Havakasha is trying to say he said something different here (goto post 29 and 32):

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...?t=2845&page=4

P.S. kind of hard to edit it now isn't Havakasha
    Last edited by john; 10-22-2009 at 01:27 PM.

Legend
    10-22-2009, 01:49 PM #16
    LOL. i answered you in general chat. Good try. Have a great day buddy im off to the country to bike in the woods. Great for the mind and spirit.

Guru
    10-22-2009, 03:40 PM #17
    Just Sirius, can you tell John the recession started under Bush? Therefore most people consider it Bush's recession since it started in March of 2007 (?).
    Can you tell him that unemployment characteristically goes up even after a recession ends?
    Can you tell him that unemployment is the last thing to turn around after a recession ends?
    Can you tell him that business leaders including chairmen of Dupont and Caterpillar have said "they have never seen a recession like this" and dont expect a normal turnaround and dont blame President Obama?

Its a place to start the rest is hopeless.

For months not years like this time dumbass (that is exactly what economist are saying will happen)

Yes it is but once again it does not take years it takes months you like to bring Bush up well he had a recession with a 1.2 to 1.5 trillion hit to the economy right after the recession started and boy Bush had THE shortest shallowest recession in history. It took only a few months for employment to turn around.

Thats because the subprime mortgages collapsed the banking system which the democrats including Obama could have stopped but instead voted against almost every republican to regulate Fanny and Freddy. Hummm not much changed in two years except the crisis got worse (2 trillion worse) when Obama voted for almost the very same bill he voted against 2 years earlyer.

Page 2 of 2 12