Guru
    10-21-2009, 06:07 PM #1

What is the Real Agenda on Taxes?

10/18/2009
    "While liberals debate a new government-run health care plan, it is important to take note of all the taxes being discussed in Washington right now. Taxes have real economic implications—if you are paying the government, then you have less money for your family or your business. Higher taxes mean less investment and fewer jobs as the economy tries to recover from this severe recession. Higher taxes make it harder for our businesses to compete with other countries. There are real consequences, as you will see outlined below.

President Obama’s Budget Proposal

The Obama budget raises taxes by $1.4 trillion. Starting in 2011, married taxpayers making over $250,000 would see the marriage penalty return. Federal death taxes would come back to life, even though they were supposed to be eliminated in 2010. President Obama's budget extends it permanently at 2009 levels—a 45 percent rate and $3.5 million exemption. Also in 2011, those making over $250,000 a year will see their tax rate increase from 35% to almost 40%.

The Health Care Surtax

While the Senate health care bill has yet to be released to the public, the House bill contains hefty taxes to pay for the new government-run plan. The bill raises taxes by $591 billion over 10 years by imposing a new "surtax" on top of existing taxes—between 1% and 5.4% on singles earning over $280,000, and families earning over $350,000. This money would be redistributed to pay for themassive government health care program.

An Energy Tax

The cap and trade legislation authored by Reps. Henry Waxman (D-CA) and Edward Markey (D-MA) and passed in the House in June is nothing more than a big energy tax that would gravely affect our economy. American families and businesses would be burdened with direct and indirect energy costs, as energy prices will skyrocket as a result of the bill:

Gasoline prices will rise 58 percent (or $1.38/gallon)
    Natural gas prices will rise 55 percent
    Heating oil prices will rise 56 percent
    Electricity prices will rise 90 percent
    Taxes are not the Solution for Our Long-Term Budget Crisis

According to the Congressional Budget Office (CBO), raising federal income tax rates to pay for entitlement programs, such as Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, would require all rates to nearly double over the next 40 years. So by the time today's newborns hit middle age, lower-income earners would be paying a 19 percent rate rather than today's 10 percent rate. Middle class earners would pay 47 percent, not today's 25 percent. High earners - be they individuals or corporations - would be paying 66 percent, instead of 35 percent. And that's before any state taxes or payroll taxes. Clearly, such high tax rates are not feasible. Real reform of America’s deficit problem would require entitlement reform, and cutting spending."

http://www.askheritage.org/Issues.aspx?ID=540

Legend
    10-21-2009, 06:22 PM #2
    Are you the same guy who said that unemployment was "about 6% when Bush left office"? It was 8.1%.
    And are you the same guy who said unemployment rate had about doubled since Obama took office.
    And are you the same guy who doesnt acknowledge that unemployment keeps heading up even when recessions end?
    And are you the same guy who wont acknowledge like the chairmen of Dupont, Caterpillar and almost all leaders of businesses that this is a special recession?

I thought so.
    Yes this will follow you everywhere you post because you got caught in a like and wont man up to it.

Legend
    10-21-2009, 06:23 PM #3
    "like". That should have read "you got caught in a LIE".

Guru
    10-21-2009, 07:32 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Are you the same guy who said that unemployment was "about 6% when Bush left office"? It was 8.1%.
    And are you the same guy who said unemployment rate had about doubled since Obama took office.
    And are you the same guy who doesnt acknowledge that unemployment keeps heading up even when recessions end?
    And are you the same guy who wont acknowledge like the chairmen of Dupont, Caterpillar and almost all leaders of businesses that this is a special recession?

I thought so.
    Yes this will follow you everywhere you post because you got caught in a like and wont man up to it.

No dumb ass, I dont let a mistake on a figure go if I did then I will correct it or admit to it unlike you. You lied also if we are going to use your words here. It was not 8.1 percent it was 7.6 twit. Now should I post on every thread you lied in the next few seconds and then say that you cant admit to it without even giving you time to even look at the post much less check the data. No I wont because you do it so offten I could never keep up.

Also if we are going to get technical then most of Jan. was Obamas not Bush so it is Dec. figures we use not Jan. and that makes it 7.2 % not Jan 7.6%.

http://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2009/feb/wk2/art02.htm

Guru
    10-21-2009, 08:27 PM #5
    http://www.askheritage.org/Issues.aspx?ID=540

Yes this from the Heritage Foundation, Hey didn't they tell us several months before the Obamas own study came out that said Cap and Trade would cost each of us (family of 4) about 1,780 dollars a year, I think they were off by 20 dollars, they said 1,760 dollars a year.

You know those conservative think tanks they are so far off you cant trust them can you????????? Of course it was Obama who even after he had his own study that said it would cost you 1,780, still came out and lied and said it would only cost you (faimly of 4) 126 dollars a year. I just have to ask who would you believe.

Legend
    10-21-2009, 08:42 PM #6
    John is back. lol.
    You said when "Bush left office". it was Jan 20 when Bush left office and Obama took office. On jan 1 it was 7.6 %. On Feb 1 it was 8.1%. Jan 20th is closer to Feb 1 but do you really want to argue that Obama caused that jump in 10 days in office.
    I bet the tea bagger in you sure does.LOL.

Guru
    10-22-2009, 03:29 PM #7
    Unlike you who lies all the time, I admit when I have made a mistake. I have already done it in at least 3 threads within minutes of finding out, thats how important the truth is to me. The fact is you have yet to say you were wrong on the very same subject over a day after I proved you and I were both wrong and gave you the link to follow, yet as of a day nothing. I guess that is the same old act for you though, nothing new there. I can just say if anything it just proves who cares about the truth and who doen't. This is very very telling and I am kind both of us were wrong here because it shows the difference between the two of us and who is more trustworthy. For those that are new here Havakasha said this:

"I just read the unemployment rate was at 8.1% when Obama took office (it is now 9.8%). Like i said before unemployment always continues to head up after a recession ends."

Goto post 9 as proof:

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2848

Yet the fact is this:

http://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2009/feb/wk2/art02.htm