Legend
    10-21-2009, 05:10 PM #1
    http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/d...e_disaster.php

Everyone knows that in the next years we are under the gun because of climate change and global warming. We need to do something now. Lets hope the leaders of the world come together in Copenhagen and put action to words.

I think i heard a voice out there somewhere. Prime Minister Gordon Brown just addresses facts as he knows them.
    Last edited by SiriusBuzz; 10-21-2009 at 05:17 PM. Reason: double post

Mentor
    10-21-2009, 05:27 PM #2
    Lloyd

Gordon Brown is an idiot! Period! It is not life and death if the world leaders do not pass this BS!

Just ask the polar bears! They are getting along just fine! There numbers are growing...not declining...as dipstick Gore states in his fictional/documentary!

Legend
    10-21-2009, 05:42 PM #3
    Welcome back Just sirius. I just put Mr Brown in here just to demonstrate that almost all leaders of the world are now convinced that we have to do something quickly about climate change and global warming. Its only going to grow as a problem. Its also clear alternative energy is going to grow exponentially in relation to the problem. i am hopinig it grows quickly in this country because China is well poised to take advantage of the situation and leapfrog us in this arena.

Anyway how you feeling about the polls on health care now? You were so arrogant about the fact of opinions on the Obama health care legislation. It now appears that quite a majority approves of a public OPTION. Remember its an option and i have been willing to bet anyone that if the public option is passed that private health insurance would not go out of business.

Legend
    10-21-2009, 05:47 PM #4
    I forgot to ask you about Lindsey Graham's comments. He is a Conservative Republican Senator in case you dont know him.

Mentor
    10-21-2009, 08:01 PM #5
    Away, dealing with family obligations!

LLoyd, latest Rasmussen poll...the people still do not want it

Please answer one question for me. Why do liberals think that they know what is best for the majority of the people of this country, and feel that they do not have to answer to them?

Read an unbiased poll...the people do not want a public option!

However, the liberals are still going to cram this down our throats!

Haven't read/heard what Senator Graham said...however, I dont believe that he is nearly as conservative as he used too!

You can call me arogant...dont care...unbiased information speaks for itself!

Again and still...do not have any problems with alternative energy! Just too expensive during this economic crisis!

How come we have not heard from MSM about a judge in England...basically calling dipstick Gores documentary a fictional story! Pointed out 9 out right lies that are being spread through school children! Again, just ask the polar bears...they are multiplying...not declining...Also, earth has been cooling for last 10 years...son of a bitch...and dipstick Gore made hundreds of millions of $ lying to us that it was heating up! Global warming...er...climate change...F&^Hing joke!

Health Care Reform
    Following Senate Finance Committee Passage, 42% Support Health Care Reform
    Monday, October 19, 2009 Email to a Friend ShareThis.Advertisement
    Now that the Senate Finance Committee has passed its version of health care reform, 42% of voters nationwide favor the health care reform plan proposed by President Obama and congressional Democrats. That’s down two points from a week ago and down four from the week before.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 54% are opposed to the plan.

The numbers have been remarkably stable throughout the debate. With the exception of bounces following presidential television appearances, support for the plan has stayed in a very narrow range from 41% to 46%. Currently, 24% Strongly Favor the legislative effort and 42% are Strongly Opposed.

While voters are skeptical of the plan working its way through Congress, 54% say that major changes are needed in the health care system. Sixty-one percent (61%) say it’s important for Congress to pass some reform.

Just 36% of the nation’s senior citizens favor the current legislative effort while 59% are opposed.

Support is highest among voters under 30, the age group least likely to use the nation’s health care system. These generational dynamics also have been stable and consistent over the past several months. Rasmussen Reports is tracking support for the plan on a weekly basis.

But the number who expect the congressional plan to pass has grown to its highest level year. Fifty-six percent (56%) now say passage of health care reform is likely while 32% say it is not. Those figures include 21% who say passage is Very Likely and eight percent (8%) who say it is Not at All Likely.

(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook.

Fifty-six percent (56%) of voters say passage of the plan will make the cost of health care go up while 18% say it will make costs go down. As a recent commentary by Michael Barone noted, “The Trouble With Health Care Is Paying for It.” Most (59%) favor putting a provision in the plan that would prohibit any new taxes, fees or penalties on families who make less than $250,000 a year to pay for the reform initiative. Most also say that middle-class tax cuts are more important than new spending on health care.

In addition to cost concerns, a Rasmussen video report shows that 53% of those with insurance believe it’s likely they would have to change coverage if the congressional plan becomes law.

Sixty-three percent (63%) of voters nationwide say guaranteeing that no one is forced to change their health insurance coverage is a higher priority than giving consumers the choice of a "public option" health insurance company.

As Scott Rasmussen, president of Rasmussen Reports, wrote recently in the Wall Street Journal: “The most important fundamental is that 68% of American voters have health insurance coverage they rate good or excellent. … Most of these voters approach the health care reform debate fearing that they have more to lose than to gain.”

If the congressional plan passes, 23% of voters now say the quality of health care will get better, and 51% say it will get worse. In August, the numbers were 23% better and 50% worse.

The version of the plan working its way through the Senate includes a proposal that requires young and healthy Americans to either buy health insurance or pay a $750 annual penalty for not having it. Fifty-five percent (55%) of voters oppose that proposal.

Guru
    10-21-2009, 08:17 PM #6
    just sirius, Brown does not even listen to his own government run news organization he said the earth was getting warmer over the last several years. Yet the BBC just got through stating that the earth was cooling for the last 11 years. Facts, facts, facts, boy they are hard to get around.

Legend
    10-21-2009, 08:25 PM #7
    Wow you got some very different polls than me.Busy now but I will get them for you. No cramming. Obama and Democrats were elected. Its called Democracy.did you call it cramming when Bush pushed his policies? Lindsey graham is from South Carolina.you sound like you got your debating technique from John. Bad idea. He has been caught lying. You did see right?

Please! LOL. Read the
    statement.

Legend
    10-21-2009, 09:10 PM #8
    Just Sirius
    i didnt notice if your had any questions about the PUBLIC OPTION. That is what this thread is about. I started a new one with polls for you to look at. Sorry.

Read Lindsey Graham Senator from South Carolina.

" I cant imagine a nominee for either major party arguing to the public that climate change is not real and man is not contributing to it. If they take that position, the public is going to really question their judgement."