Page 5 of 10 ... 34567 ...
    Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    10-23-2009, 10:48 AM #41
    Go Charles Go!

I'm really glad that you've done something about the JOHN problem.

I get very insulted as do many other members of his use of name calling.

Many of us are pretty well educated. And many of us are fairly wealthy. And the name calling just doesn't fit in most conversations where you have well educated and prosperous forum members.

The forum discussions between John and Lloyd became almost private conversations because if anyone disagreed with John, he would resort to name calling. And name calling usually results in most intelligent people just dropping the conversation.

So, thank you so much for doing something about this problem.

Sirius Buzz is a wonderful place for users of Sirius and XM services to find good information about these services. It also is a great community of investors in SIRI and other stocks to talk and share ideas and information. John became a liability to all of us with his name calling and antigonistic behavior.

I would love to have John participate with the rest of us in civil discussions about politics, investing, and stock trading. He just needs to behave in a more civil way.

Thanks again to Charles and Spencer for providing a great site for us to participate in. Sirius Buzz is great!

Head Honcho
    10-23-2009, 12:04 PM #42
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    ok,this was a 2 Bagger(Popcorn) discussion,,,lol
    My 2 cents is Charles i remember distinctly your warning to lloyd and John about creating all these threads and John saying he complained to you in PM if you won't stop it he would not let the disinformation campasign started by lloyd to go unanswered..
    "these threads" were personal attack threads. I never said they couldnt create political threads in the political forum.

Your childish move of consolidating all the so called childish comments the last few hours was wrong to do imho and as far as deleting post's because too many by same person in a frow,i witnessed you doing it,can't remember who it was,tmaybe socal or Roadkill about 3-4 months ago,hence i posted on reply jokingly so it wouldn't happen again..
    Just so we are clear, I did NOT delete anything. If there were 4 posts in a row I performed a "merge" function which takes the 4 posts in a row and turns them into 1 post. Thats all. I just want to be clear, I was not deleting anything. Just consolidating.

Noiw imo your fear of Lloyd and John highjacking your site,you are correct,it happened and is the talk of other sites as being very entertaining and only thing going on here,(except market watch,Bill) and you should have followed john advice and nipped in the budd when had a chance too Charles,too late now...
    This is my unbiased opinion on subject...
    I appreciate your opinion. That said, I have no issue with the political forum being used to to talk about politics. I agree, that it is comical that it has become the most active forum. That doesn't mean it bothers me, that is why we created the off topic section. People asked for it so there were other things to do while watching the daily thread.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    10-23-2009, 12:05 PM #43
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Thanks again to Charles and Spencer for providing a great site for us to participate in. Sirius Buzz is great!
    You're welcome. Thanks for weighing in.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Legend
    10-23-2009, 12:16 PM #44
    As one of the main participants in the hijacking of the political thread, everything that Charles has said here is the truth as far as i read it. My main complaint was that i wish he was able to admonish John for his constant verbal abusiveness when people are simply trying to have conversations on important issues of the day. Once again John has demonstrated why i wish
    that abusivenss had been nipped in the bud. I understand freedom of speech but please this is a site that has some rules so why not extend those rules to encouraging civil discourse.

Mentor
    10-23-2009, 12:48 PM #45
    Candle . . Havakasha/Lloyd

I respectfully disagree with you both . .

I am well educated and prosperous (candle's words, not mine) . . I have known john for a long time . . he has called me a lot worse than "twit," "dumbass," "dip shit" . . you name it! Ask Relmor how many times he has fought with john . . . Relmor never took it personally either . . and they had some real beauties over at Seeking Alpha (lol)

Why should anyone take this stuff personally? I have never been to john's house nor he to mine . . it is simply his style of conversation.

john is a straight-shooter . . . he does not mince words . . he hates political correctness . . . and he knows this company of ours better than anyone else on this site.

If you are personally offended by john's language . . there is a simple solution . . just go to your preferences page and "block" him so that you do not need to see his posts . . but you do so at your own peril.

don't make it so that I can't continue to read and enjoy his posts and knowledge of the company by trying to sanitize his remarks by complaining to Charles . . .

He has a full right to rebut any post put up by any other member . . and to do so in his own style so long as it does not violate the site's rules . .

Last time I looked . . I didn't see words like "dumbass," "twit," or "dip shit" listed as banned words . .

I too appreciate the fine efforts of Charles and Spence/Tyler . . this is the best site hands-down . . . the "airing-out" that is taking place now proves that . . it would happen nowhere else!

In the end . . some people will be offended and move on . . . that's why there is a dial on the radio . . if you don't like Howard Stern you can change the station and listen to benign muzak . .

The well-educated and prosperous people that come here to read the daily posts should be smart enough not to take anything said here personally.

john is a man with strong opinions but also a man of integrity . . a man who served this country proudly . . . and fought for the rights of others to say what they wish . . . and now I will defend his right to say what he wishes!
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 10-23-2009 at 12:52 PM.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    10-23-2009, 01:39 PM #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Candle . . Havakasha/Lloyd

I respectfully disagree with you both . .

I am well educated and prosperous (candle's words, not mine) . . I have known john for a long time . . he has called me a lot worse than "twit," "dumbass," "dip shit" . . you name it! Ask Relmor how many times he has fought with john . . . Relmor never took it personally either . . and they had some real beauties over at Seeking Alpha (lol)

Why should anyone take this stuff personally? I have never been to john's house nor he to mine . . it is simply his style of conversation.

john is a straight-shooter . . . he does not mince words . . he hates political correctness . . . and he knows this company of ours better than anyone else on this site.

If you are personally offended by john's language . . there is a simple solution . . just go to your preferences page and "block" him so that you do not need to see his posts . . but you do so at your own peril.

don't make it so that I can't continue to read and enjoy his posts and knowledge of the company by trying to sanitize his remarks by complaining to Charles . . .

He has a full right to rebut any post put up by any other member . . and to do so in his own style so long as it does not violate the site's rules . .

Last time I looked . . I didn't see words like "dumbass," "twit," or "dip shit" listed as banned words . .

I too appreciate the fine efforts of Charles and Spence/Tyler . . this is the best site hands-down . . . the "airing-out" that is taking place now proves that . . it would happen nowhere else!

In the end . . some people will be offended and move on . . . that's why there is a dial on the radio . . if you don't like Howard Stern you can change the station and listen to benign muzak . .

The well-educated and prosperous people that come here to read the daily posts should be smart enough not to take anything said here personally.

john is a man with strong opinions but also a man of integrity . . a man who served this country proudly . . . and fought for the rights of others to say what they wish . . . and now I will defend his right to say what he wishes!
    Hey RoadKill, your friend can call you anything that he wants to. That's fine with me. But, I'm not a dumbass or a twit. And John has no right to speak to me that way. I did two tours in Nam, so don't give me any stuff about that giving me a right to do or say anything.

I think it's cute that you two call each other names. It reminds me of my kids, and I never stopped them from doing that as long as it didn't bother them. But, John isn't my friend. I don't like him. And I have a right to not be called names.

I don't want John to be banned. He's an entertainer. He's really funny. I just don't want him to speak to me in a public forum in the way that he has spoken to me. That's all RoadKill, he just needs to use those names towards his buddies and not towards other members of this community.

Legend
    10-23-2009, 03:37 PM #47
    Roadkill/
    We all have strong opinions and we all should have the right to express those opinions. Obviously we arent discussing that. i dont take anything John says very personally because someone who is so juvenile as to use the word twit, dumbshit etc a zilion times has obviously got a personality deficit. It speaks to his inability to use other equally strong and expressive words. I just think we could have the same arguments without the childishness. Wouldnt we all be better off? Your right i dont have to listen to him if i wish. I can simply block him. While i would prefer to carrry on converstions and debate people rather then block people out i am going to take your advice.
    I am going to put him on IGNORE. Thanks for the little prod.

Guru
    10-24-2009, 02:43 PM #48
    Charles said: "That wasn't a threat. I asked you to stop and told you what I would do if you didnt. When you continued, I gave you a time out. How else do I explain to you what you are doing is wrong and what will happen if you continue? You perceive that as a threat? That is me explaining policy. A threat might be something like... if you continue to be an agitator I am going to tell your wife that you cheated on her. That is not fair nor is it sensible nor is our policy here.

Google tells you that if you you try and use blackhat SEO they will ban your website. Is that a threat? That is simply their policy which they will make good on."

Now people want to know why I call someone a twit, what Charles just did above is a perfect example. First this is what I talked about when I said he gets side tracked and then doesn't even know what he is talking about. Charles if you go back and review the post, you will find that was a direct answer to the EMAIL you sent and how it was threating, NOT the PM.

Now go here and check this out:

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1372

Now if you goto post 7 you will see the E-mail he sent me, you will see it was a threating email and if you goto post 2 (of that same thread) you will see what was said in the comments section and find he only sent tme that E-mail because I was picking on Charles. For those that have the time I suggest you read from post "1" to post "8", then ask yourselves who was correct and who was wrong I believe in post 8 I make it clear I was correct. In post 2, I clearly posted the whole thing Charles got upset over and then asked him to simply point out where I went over the line in that comment stream, you will notice in that whole thread he never did. He treatened me simply because I was picking on him and he was clearly the one who started it. The fact is if I broke any rules there he broke them first (look at post 2 for confirmation of that).

So once again the reason for me calling him a twit is simple he just had me make a long comment above because Charles could not get his shit straight.

Charles said: "That is fine... so what you are saying is that you do not believe in to each his own. Then why did you say it?

Like I said you can believe in your ideology all you want. The problem is the misinformation. For example if you want to believe in man made global warming then that is what you want to believe. Just dont LIE about the facts to get others to believe it. For instance when the facts are that tempitures have been recorded and they clearly show tempitures have been coming down for the last 11 years then you dont have the right to misinform people and LIE by saying that the facts are not true and we have been warming for the last 10 or 11 years. You do that I call you a twit.

Charles said: "I am sorry you feel that way. If you would like a clear answer to one clear question, I would be happy to answer that for you."

and this: "I have answered all of your posts questions point by point as I have done here. If you have any other questions or issues feel free to number them and I will prove to you that I have no intention of cutting anything out."

Bullshit, a clear example of you not doing it is in the first part of this post (and yours), you got lost. I have told you several times to stop cutting the crap out of post, I have given several examples of you doing it and then showed exactly what happens by you doing it. I think you do it on purpose to change the meaning because I have clearly shown in the last arguement we had (in the SIRIXM stock talk thread) of you having totally changed the meaning because you cut the post short. Really are you going to tell me it was to much trouble for you to drag the cursor another inch down!!!

Charles said this: "The only thing I have done throughout this thread is quote every word of your and answer them on a point by point basis."

This is the big load of bullshit I have ever seen. You must think like Havakasha, that if you keep saying it enough then it will make it true. Anyone that has gone over even this thread knows you have not quoted EVERY word, You dont even just leave the full quote up you have consistantly quoted sections of a post. You have not even left full paragraphs in tact you have even cut those up.

Now as more proof of this and why you dont do this (goto post 70) :

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...?t=2302&page=7

People should remember what they write on the web is always there to be pulled up latter. Charles that was a clear example of how you rip the crap out of post top give them, the meaning you want not what is the real meaning that is waht a person that is losing an arguement does.

Charles said: "No joke here. As bad as we suck and as much of an ignorant, lieing, "twit" that I am, you still choose to be here. That is awesome"

The fact is Charles the reason that I am still here is because I have a thicker skin then most. I also am not afraid to call you or anyone else out regaurdless if you run the site or not. The fact is there are many that wont do to you what I do because they think they will get kicked off, if that Email you sent me is any example of how you try to get people to stop picking on you I can see why they dont act like I do. The fact is I am the type of person who will bring that kind of email up and put it in front of everyone to let them judge reguardless of what you want to do to me. For me its a matter of right being right and wrong being wrong and dam the consequences for pointing out what is right.

Charles said: "I see a difference between an owner and a poster yes. I am not concerned about the exodus. As I said before, they bounced here, the bounced to a new site, and they will bounce again... that is the nature of the beast. I except it.

If people left because of me then you would have left by now as well. People left because they followed other people that they have been collaborating with long before they got here. I am ok with it man, it doesnt bother me. The website does just fine regardless of the status of the forums.

This is not how I earn a living, it was simply something I did to help the SATRAD community, if people choose to use it...great, if not... that is fine too."

Thats good you do because in the last post you made on this it was looking like you did not have a clue. The big question is do you also know there is a difference between the way many respond to both. As for the reason people left Charles, I know most left because of you and I already told you above and before, why I stayed.

Guru
    10-24-2009, 02:44 PM #49
    Charles said: "That is not correct. The posts above yours are out of context because they are clearly people responding to other people in some kind of thread of communication. Your post on the other hand was directly to me. It was simple to see.

Like I said you are a twit, I WILL REPEAT. In the time it took you to even read the first sentance of my post you would have also had enough time to read their whole post. The point being they were short and easy to see that they had nothing to do with SIRIXM and was just an arguement between them. You said that is what you where looking for after all. Soooooooooooooo dumbass if their post had nothing to do with SIRIXM illreguardless of it being "clearly people responding to other people in some kind of thread of communication", IT STILL FELL WITHIN WHAT THE REASON YOU GAVE ME FOR DELETING THE POST, OR DID YOU FORGET ALREADY.

Charles said: "I am sorry but that is not correct. Our commenting system on our website is threaded people could responded to a response of a response which is on topic. It is impossible to see.

Example: "I concur! Concur? Concur!" was posted the other day. Now is this on topic or off topic? Did the person before him say "I love peanuts" or did the person before him make a comment about the "Inno" I have no idea. I have to go read the thread to find out. I assure you, that was a real post and I had to go read the article to see what the hell he was "concurring" with.

I could go find a dozen more in no time at all. Half of the stuff that is written makes zero sense to me. Imagine taking a play script and scrambling the lines up, that is what I see via email."

This also is bullshit because this comment gave even the dumbest person a clue where this conversation was going or at least to check into it further.

"p.s. if you wish to continue this conversation get a sack and pm me on the forum so noone else has to listen to you idiotic comments."

HEY DUMBASS, the guy IS POINT BLANK TELLING YOU that there are comments on the article that should not be there. Dhaaaaa, hummmm, dhaaaaa. You really think most logical people believe your bullshit excuses for deleting my comment so fast after leaving the other ones directly above mine up for so long.

Charles said: "When I clicked the link I received a 404 error. The url has been truncated.
    Try it for yourself http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...?t=2503&page=3

That would be fine IF TRUE. I also dont believe that for one minute because I use that link already and it worked and what a surprise I suggest you goto post 16 of this thread and you will see it works just fine. So you lied and as said before because you cut the crap out of post did not see this:

"goto post 23, dhaaaaaaaa, dhaaaaaaa, I am Charles and I have been proven to be wrong but yet somehow I will say I was correct, dhaaaaaaaa."

Do you think I forgot that you asked me for which post it was? Lets remember this part of your comment all gos back to post 16 and then your response to that at the bottom of post 23.

Charles said: "I never once said that you could not post a bunch of threads. So, why would I have said you can post a bunch of threads?

OMG, then what the hell do you call this:

"You guys want to go at it in a thread all day, that is fine with me. But you are not going to start a million threads and hijack the website. I have had 4 complaints so far today and I just don't have time for it."

Yes those are your words Charles and no amount of you tring to say they ment something different will change the fact they clearly say: STOP PUTTING UP SO MANY THREADS. You are a fricking twit and this is exactly why people left your site. You cant even admit to something when it has been put right infront of your face. No one and I mean no one that is ether not retarded or trying to kiss your ass would not read that any other way then: TO STOP STARTING SO MANY THREADS.

Charles said: "I did not forget and I stand by that. You can not hijack the website. I guess I should have been more explicit but in the context of the threads which were directed at you and have only, I thought my point was quite clear. If that wasnt enough, I messaged you both privately.

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showpost...2&postcount=27
    You said: So ether you do something or I will start back up with the new threads also. (which reads like a threat since I asked you not to do it and you are telling me you would do it anyway.
    Then I said: There is nothing wrong with posting political opinions in the political section. Just because you dont like them doesnt make it wrong to do.

If that isnt me saying you can post all you want as long as its on topic, I dont know what is. If this is a matter of a miscommunication (although I dont know how I could have been clearer), I think it is abundantly clear now.

Like I said only a twit would think after you told us: dont put up so many threads, that it would be ok to put up so many threads again, you fricking dumbass.

Your dam right it was I told you just what I would do if you did not enforce your own rules that you just got through telling us in a PM. If you also recall you said, I would ban you and I said, then go ahead that as long as lloyd is going to do it I would also. Also hey TWIT there is a difference between "POST" and "THREADS". You get the difference right if not then I suggest you read you comment above again, dumbass.

Charles said: "Post 23 is as follows.

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showpost...9&postcount=23
    This is where we merge all of the inappropriately-titled-childish-bantering from the last few hours.

How does that say that you can't post a bunch of on topic threads? Please explain.

Because you not only did not just take them all and merge them you also deleted threads with there own topics. I know because there was information I was looking for that I had had threads started with links I could not find them anymore in the new thread that you merged. Also because we are still putting up threads to answer each others threads. Something I did not ask for and told you to stop before it got out of hand and that if you did not stop lloyd I would not let lloyd just get away with it and start doing what he was.

Charles said: "I most likely (I dont know because this thread has gone on forever and has taken me quite some time to reply to) left it out because as I said above, I dont see what your point is in what I post in #23.

No it is because you cant even follow your own post when you cut the crap out of a quote. Me I have no trouble because I go back a read the full qoute to see exactly what is being talked about. That is yet another example of WHY YOU DONT JUST CUT THE CRAP OUT OF POST. It also pisses me off because I then not only have to read your post but then have to go back to see when you qouted something I wrote why it doesn't make any sense and low and behold what do I find it makes no sense because you omitted a bunch of information. As shown earlyer go here to see:

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...?t=2302&page=7

Now as for why post 23 means what it means is clear for anyone that puts that with the PM you sent me. You forget Charles I had already got that PM and kept it, I set you up. You lie you are going to get cought and made a fool of. You knew full well about that PM you had sent me and yet you tried to defend that you never said, do not starting a bunch of threads.

Charles said: "Really? Because everyone I have shown this has laughed at you. I have done everything I can to take the time to answer all of your questions and have done so in a civil manner whereas you continue to rant and have like a lunatic.

1. All: If I have been "nailed" please chime in and let me know.
    2. Why you would want to continue to visit this website after you have made your feelings about me so clear really says something about you. OR is it that you just want to argue and that you know you are making a mountain out of a molehill because as you have admitted, you enjoy this kind of thing.

Well all that proves is that you live in a insane asylum. Answering questions with lies and dripple does not count as real answers.

Example: Charles says "You guys want to go at it in a thread all day, that is fine with me. But you are not going to start a million threads and hijack the website. I have had 4 complaints so far today and I just don't have time for it."

Which clearly says dont put up so many threads.

Then says, "I never said dont put up so many threads."

Charles I know what you do and if any one is laughing at me it is because you have done what you do, you cut out the parts you dont like and answer only what makes you sound good (of which you need to do a better job). Thrust me anyone that has read that PM and then seen you say, "I never said dont put up so many threads" is laughing at you.

As for why I am here it is unbelievable, I have told you several times already. Then again you live in your world where when someone says, dont put up so many threads, means go ahead put up as many threads as you want. I AM LAUGHING AT YOU RIGHT NOW.

Head Honcho
    10-24-2009, 02:56 PM #50
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Like I said you are a twit, I WILL REPEAT. In the time it took you to even read the first sentance of my post you would have also had enough time to read their whole post.
    No, I would not have because each comment comes to me in a single email. I am sorry that you are still not seeming to understand how this works but, I have done my best to explain it to you. I only see one email at a time in my notification emails from the system. I dont have time to click on every single article and read every single comment during the week... I just dont.

The fact is there are many that wont do to you what I do because they think they will get kicked off, if that Email you sent me is any example of how you try to get people to stop picking on you I can see why they dont act like I do. The fact is I am the type of person who will bring that kind of email up and put it in front of everyone to let them judge reguardless of what you want to do to me.
    I dont ever have to speak to any other members of this forum. Only Havashka recently, other then that you are the only person I have had to talk to over the 3 year period an you are the only one who is complained about to me in mass.

I AM LAUGHING AT YOU RIGHT NOW.
    Knowing that, I assure you, I will sleep just fine tonight.

Again John, I have done my best to answer your mishmash of concerns but I will no longer engage in this circular straw-man argument you are presenting. The last 3 or 4 go rounds have accomplished nothing. You continue to repeat the same straw-man argument over and over. I am sorry that I can not ease your concerns.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 5 of 10 ... 34567 ...