Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 180

Thread: Market Watch Week of 10/19/2009

  1. #161
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by atmgeek1 View Post
    first I've heard of this stock. Laurel is about 15 minutes down the road from me, it might be worth a look
    This is a good day trade stock. I get in and out a couple of times a week. Today was good for 14%!

  2. #162
    atmgeek1 is offline
    Senior Member
    atmgeek1's Avatar
    Joined: Jun 2009 Location: Baltimore Posts: 303
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    This is a good day trade stock. I get in and out a couple of times a week. Today was good for 14%!
    I will keep an eye on it. I'm currently trying to get a fresh start and regroup. I got out of qasp and bcle today for less than I expected but once I decided to do it I needed to just get out. With that said, I did take that $ and jump back in on siri, I think I have a better chance of recouping losses in the short term and then I will turn into a pickpocket. I kept behl because....well I don't exactly know why. I don't want to miss out on any free shares with the new company.

    BTW, does anyone know or have any news on that "merger" with behl? I have not heard or seen anything in quite awhile???

  3. #163
    Los Tiburones is offline
    Mentor
    Los Tiburones's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: California Posts: 1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Are you really going for .02? Tell me your exact bid... .02...025...I am in the mood to do something. I have been trying to find a stock to buy for the last week, but they are all so spastic that I can never find a good entry point.
    Yeah, it's just a silly thing that will never come to pass short of a disaster that would enable me to become another bag holder ...

    Put it right on the money @ .02 - For a couple of days it took a quick trip down there and back ... figured, why not?

    QASP is having another blue light special ...

    But ... the rumour mill is all chatty about ... get this ...

    Next week!

    These guy's need to find their own slogan, I own that one ...

    End of cynicism report.

  4. #164
    Ramsey is offline
    Senior Member
    Ramsey's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 295
    I'm being sneaky. Can you figure it out? Those of you that own it, plant it..somewhere..everywhere..viral advertising - oops, too much info.

  5. #165
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    I'm being sneaky. Can you figure it out? Those of you that own it, plant it..somewhere..everywhere..viral advertising - oops, too much info.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pehz98Vygs -

    Wow man, just amazing....just simply amazing! A great video and to think it's from the radio....

  6. #166
    Ramsey is offline
    Senior Member
    Ramsey's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 295
    Not just any radio...Sirius XM Satellite Radio - The Best Radio On Radio

    I've been really enjoying the Sirius XM YouTube videos today -- especially the "Artist Confidential" section.

    Truth be told, I've never in my life been more excited about radio -- and it's not just because I own stock.

    It's really *that* good!

    Anyway...I'm really quite happy that you enjoyed the video...it's all about being human...

    And what's more, as it turns out...the artist Matisyahu will be in San Diego -- TOMORROW!

    If I can't get the wife and kid to go...I'm demanding a hall pass ;-)



    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pehz98Vygs -

    Wow man, just amazing....just simply amazing! A great video and to think it's from the radio....

  7. #167
    billhart22 is offline
    Guru
    billhart22's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 4,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Yeah, it's just a silly thing that will never come to pass short of a disaster that would enable me to become another bag holder ...

    Put it right on the money @ .02 - For a couple of days it took a quick trip down there and back ... figured, why not?

    QASP is having another blue light special ...

    But ... the rumour mill is all chatty about ... get this ...

    Next week!

    These guy's need to find their own slogan, I own that one ...

    End of cynicism report.
    My word of the week: Dithering
    definition: To be nervously irresolute in acting or doing.

    So much for political talk....now on to stocks

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I am rather proud of myself, having stayed out of the shrub for at least a week. It is more like a weak caffeine addiction, rather than a fine cocaine addiction. The shrub gives a person subliminal hypnotic suggestion to endlessly babble and a trigger to burst out with statements like: "The PR is coming" "Next Week" "I just talked to _____ at the office and they said" "It's going to happen any day now, it is just a matter of ______" "I can definitely see this stock hitting $(fill in the blank) before you know it" "I am long, he he, you guys that just sold are going to regret it" "I knew that the assholes were up to something...I could smell it the whole time" "They just shut the trading down without giving us notice first?" "I think we ought to file a class action lawsuit"....Feel free to add any more that comes to mind (we can make a montage and post it in its own thread.
    Last edited by billhart22; 10-23-2009 at 10:03 PM.

  8. #168
    Los Tiburones is offline
    Mentor
    Los Tiburones's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: California Posts: 1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    My word of the week: Dithering
    definition: To be nervously irresolute in acting or doing.

    So much for political talk....now on to stocks

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I am rather proud of myself, having stayed out of the shrub for at least a week. It is more like a weak caffeine addiction, rather than a fine cocaine addiction. The shrub gives a person subliminal hypnotic suggestion to endlessly babble and a trigger to burst out with statements like: "The PR is coming" "Next Week" "I just talked to _____ at the office and they said" "It's going to happen any day now, it is just a matter of ______" "I can definitely see this stock hitting $(fill in the blank) before you know it" "I am long, he he, you guys that just sold are going to regret it" "I knew that the assholes were up to something...I could smell it the whole time" "They just shut the trading down without giving us notice first?" "I think we ought to file a class action lawsuit"....Feel free to add any more that comes to mind (we can make a montage and post it in its own thread.
    You nailed it Bill ... Don't forget "To the moon" and "Weeeeee ..." And the proverbial classics ...

    "There is no way we break .015, not going to happen ..." "I think the bottom is .015 (Monday)", "Definitely the bottom here, it won't break .014 (Wednesday)" ... By Friday, it's ..."Were going to sub-penny land!" ... Mind you, all from the same poster ....

    There's no end to it and yet ... it's funny you brought this up Bill. I would have to admit to having a slightly stronger addiction I guess - The reason it's funny is that I do have some sympathies for a few of these guy's, they are left to combat on the larger stage, not unlike the SIRI boards, where you have so many participants, just a volume thing, clashing ... what's the word?, ... clashing! I have to recognize that the largest amount of ah hem, 'investors' are from there on any given stock that is being touted, er promoted - (read pumped and bumped) ... Wait a minute, it just occurred to me, your mention ...

    The shrub gives a person subliminal hypnotic suggestion to endlessly babble ...

    Oh my!

  9. #169
    SiriMonkey is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Bill, just remarkable, very difficult to add anything but ... I had the most fortunate opportunity to do a variety of remodeling work for a family, first referenced to me by my mother-in-laws neighbors and then on to their immediate family later on. In fact, I am glad you brought this up - I need to check in with them, see how they are doing. You are absolutely right though, incredibly kind and giving ... The mother became someone dear, a true, elderly Christian lady with her feet and experience planted firmly on the ground. When they came here they were put into internment camps for I don't know how long and to hear her explanation and understanding of it, despite it all ... Not a hint of bitterness, they are very much conservative, 'patriotic', ... all-American - I would say even more so than many that might ... I digress. I used to sit in her kitchen and we would talk about the Bible, the church, my problems, she was kind of my spiritual mother if you will. I just love to listen and learn from those who have far more experience and have lived and walked further ... wisdom.

    Thanks Bill, you don't know how something like sharing this can draw out latent ... sentiment, if that's the word I am looking for. It's been a very disordered and distracted kind of year personally - A lot of changes, work especially, being acquired and watching close to a hundred people exit, many that you form those loose kind of relationships with over the years, all the emotions and second guessing ... suspicions and paranoia ... drama which is usually unnecessary and overblown. It's good and bad I guess, have a lot of responsibility that has been taken on, more so in the days ahead and just for the fun of it and to fill those other milliseconds of time I jump into the netherworld of the pennies! No thanks to you guys! LOL!!! Maybe I am just letting out some of this to hear myself speak, I need to get grounded again, been kind of ... adrift.

    Anyway ... Got some stock related, musings to get out just as well ...

    Good morning guys,

    Saturday morn and on SiriusBuzz reading all the posts.

    I said it before, I"ll say it again, how much I enjoy reading all the
    stories, life experiences, introspections and yes even recipes.

    That is what makes this more than just another stock site.
    Human beings reside here.

    Thank you for that.

    Julie

  10. #170
    bassmaster is offline
    Mentor
    bassmaster's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 1,216
    heyyyyyyyyy guys!!!!! back from my trip to europe. played the wsope in london and won ZERO pounds!!! lol. then me and a few friends took off to the mediterranean and rented a cliffside villa for the past month. no poker no internet there just a refresh of the body, mind and soul. will post some pics later. need to get some sleep - i cant sleep on planes without zanax.

    hope all is well with everyone and looking forward to hearing some success stories!!!

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •