Page 14 of 18 ... 41213141516 ...
    10-23-2009, 12:02 AM #131
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHerdGreg View Post
    Anybody here still holding shares of QEDN? If you'll recall...it kind of withered down to nothing and most thought the company was not in business any more.

Occasional sells would go through, all at $.0001, a million here and there.

Today...something is up with QEDN. 85,000,000 volume the first hour. Very unusual. Some even sold at $.0002. The caveat emptor rating on Pinksheets was lifted yesterday.

DYODD and all that...but something is going on, IMHO. Whether it is good or bad is anybody's guess.

I still have 283,000 shares that have been sitting in my account for some time now.
    of course...I held that for 5 months and sold it off friday to put it in siri for the cc I was probably at the front of the .0002 line

10-23-2009, 12:14 AM #132
    Quote Originally Posted by willb2064 View Post
    1st post in the market watch thread. I've noticed discussion this weel seems to be mostly centred around penny stocks/pink sheets. Do you guys trade other stocks?

Some of my recent trades/current positions:

LIWA in at $7.55
    NEP in at $4.65

Does anyone have any thoughts on these?

This is my first year of investing/trading. Have done pretty well on TCK, HIMX, SIRI, PWE, PGH, PVX and RY.

HTE Harvest Energy was bought out today@ $10, I had an avg. of $5.80 bought 6 months ago so pretty happy with that.
    welcome, its good to have ya here! most of the talk in here is about penny stocks but any stock talk is welcome and if someone can help ya they will

Guru
    10-23-2009, 01:25 AM #133
    Quote Originally Posted by willb2064 View Post
    1st post in the market watch thread. I've noticed discussion this weel seems to be mostly centred around penny stocks/pink sheets. Do you guys trade other stocks?

Some of my recent trades/current positions:

LIWA in at $7.55
    NEP in at $4.65

Does anyone have any thoughts on these?

This is my first year of investing/trading. Have done pretty well on TCK, HIMX, SIRI, PWE, PGH, PVX and RY.

HTE Harvest Energy was bought out today@ $10, I had an avg. of $5.80 bought 6 months ago so pretty happy with that.
    Hey Will,

Welcome to our forum...we are simple barnacles on the ship of life, but we have a lot of trading experience for the most part.

We just started screwing around with pennies around April or May of this year....and we have done really good and really bad. It is a timing arena. If you can take a good profit....take it and bail! Don't hope for the mother lode, because you will end up a "Desperate Susan" (a little freelance literary scope of expression there).

Anyway, it is great to have you here and make yourself at home. We are just a bunch of everyday people...nothing more.

Throw your opinions in and we can hopefully work all of this shit out together.

Yes, we are all over the place with stocks, but I feel a trend for big board stocks coming again, but all are welcome.

Bill

Guru
    10-23-2009, 01:49 AM #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    need to get dinner going...but will dig deeper later tonight...

check this out -- poking around *on* Metter

http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/own-disp?...CIK=0001308662
    Rams -

I went to Costco tonight and while I was there they were featuring RAW MILK cheese. It is made by Bravo Farms, from their own cows. They have Cheddar Chipotle cheese for 3.79 a pound. It kicks ass!

I am having some now with a couple of shots of Tequila. That makes the Chipotle even more special.

BTW, this last weekend I wanted to make a pie..but didn't want to use white flour and garbage pie crust (Pillsbury...etc..). I got some organic Filla from my natural foods store.

Here is what I did:

(I have a very sophisticated apple peeler from Restoration Hardware). I took 8 Apples and peeled and cored them and set the aside in cold water with lemon (so they don't turn dark).

I preheated the oven to 375 in the mean time (while Wife is opening windows and sliding glass doors).

I sprayed the 9x12 baking dish with "Pam" (she is a good spread). Then I put a layer of 4 or five Filla sheets on the bottom of the baking dish. (This would work just a well in a glass 10" pie baking glass). Don't be afraid to use water to make the damn things conform to your agenda.

Then I drained the apples for a while and then rolled them in 1/2 cup organic unbleached flour, 1/4 cup honey (good honey) , and 1/2 cup Dark Agave. Then I added a TON of cinnamon (sex), and admittedly..a couple of tablespoons of Butter (Olive Oil butter! Not Dairy!).

Then I put about a four leaf layer on top and put holes in it like a regular apple pie and put foil over the whole top.

I put it in the oven and baked it for 45 minutes...then checked it..\

The insides have to really be heaving up and down before any pie is done. The foil keeps the pastry from burning. Once the stuff was heaving really good, I took the foil off and browned the filla until it was brown to perfection.

End result: One of the best pies that I have ever made....My wife is till eating it..a few bites day by day. I say that about my wife, because I just love to cook and make up things..I cook a lot of sweets, but I don't eat much of them. I didn't even when I was a kid. My Mom could never bribe me with dessert, because I didn't care if I had it or not.

So any way............Welcome to the "Cooking Forum" with Larry, Larry and Larry!
    Last edited by billhart22; 10-23-2009 at 01:57 AM.

Guru
    10-23-2009, 02:04 AM #135
    On Pies...Don't forget a tablespoon full of Vanilla in the liquids! Vanilla rocks!

Thanks,

Suzie Creamcheese!

Guru
    10-23-2009, 02:32 AM #136

Last cooking tip tonight

Years ago....1951...four years after the Atom Bomb in Japan, I lived there. I went to the first grade of school at age 5. "Don't drink the water and don't eat the vegetation", declared the U.S. Government to we Marine Corps personnel and dependents. Hell, this was only radiation....you could just shake it off like a dog. After all, it was just particulate matter, and was pretty much "all gone", because the U.S. now lived there. Half-life wasn't even in the equation. It was just the fact they we now "Occupied the land".

Do you think our Military is any smarter today? Hey, I mean I am a Libertarian/conservative/Independent and ask this.

This has turned out to be the biggest offsets of my life. I graduated from H.S. when I was 15 and it created complications...anyways..

The point is....when we used to walk through our neighborhood markets to buy things, we would never eat a pear or apple that was given to us...we would toss it at first chance to get rid of the potential radiation. 4 years..just 4 years after the bombings...do you think by chance that I lived in a radiated environment?

Anyways, there are more positive things..like our bomb shelter dug into the back of our back yard, right below a strawberry patch that they used human dung on, and entrapped within a bamboo jungle in Nara (Kyoto), Japan. The shelter was the same place that the survivors of the atom bomb attacks and bombing attacks survived, I played in there as a kid. I love the "true" Japanese people. They are so giving and loving. I only wish that I had about five years to spend with them again, on their level, which is godliness.

Mentor
    10-23-2009, 07:49 AM #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    You know, I'm also going to go ahead and say it...

After all the friggin' advertising that Spongetech has done...AND the fact that they have a real product, that I have bought and used...

hmmm...if it were to become known that the investors were scammed...

I'd almost be okay with it -- I'd be phenomenally pissed...but man, oh man, what a long route to make money on a scam...to do all that!

And to actually file a lawsuit against another company for trademark infringement...that'd take serious balls, if the sponge was the scam.

Anyway...I'm not buying the slams that it's a scam company. I just can't see it...

DISCLAIMERS: 1. I'm a hillbilly 2. I'm usually wrong before I'm right.

okey dokey...shutting *this* thing down for the night...

sleep & be well folks...and Julie, Too
    Rams,

Here it comes ... "Me too" (Disclaimer - Not a hillbilly, more like a concrete jungle rat) - IF this did turn out to be a 'scam', in broad daylight, with this kind of audacity, I would have to agree ... They should get a Nobel for creativeness and revealing just how incredibly inept ... I'll leave that to the imagination.

Mentor
    10-23-2009, 07:55 AM #138
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Hey Will,

Welcome to our forum...we are simple barnacles on the ship of life, but we have a lot of trading experience for the most part.

We just started screwing around with pennies around April or May of this year....and we have done really good and really bad. It is a timing arena. If you can take a good profit....take it and bail! Don't hope for the mother lode, because you will end up a "Desperate Susan" (a little freelance literary scope of expression there).

Anyway, it is great to have you here and make yourself at home. We are just a bunch of everyday people...nothing more.

Throw your opinions in and we can hopefully work all of this shit out together.

Yes, we are all over the place with stocks, but I feel a trend for big board stocks coming again, but all are welcome.

Bill

Welcome aboard Will - Bill pretty well summed it up though somewhere between really good and really bad, actually a derivative of the later, is "penny purgatory" - This is the realm I lead the charge in. It kind of works like a reverse CD - Your money gets locked up, it doesn't pay any interest and you get beatings daily ...

I'm ready for the big board, just as soon as the floggings cease ...

Mentor
    10-23-2009, 08:33 AM #139
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Years ago....1951...four years after the Atom Bomb in Japan, I lived there. I went to the first grade of school at age 5. "Don't drink the water and don't eat the vegetation", declared the U.S. Government to we Marine Corps personnel and dependents. Hell, this was only radiation....you could just shake it off like a dog. After all, it was just particulate matter, and was pretty much "all gone", because the U.S. now lived there. Half-life wasn't even in the equation. It was just the fact they we now "Occupied the land".

Do you think our Military is any smarter today? Hey, I mean I am a Libertarian/conservative/Independent and ask this.

This has turned out to be the biggest offsets of my life. I graduated from H.S. when I was 15 and it created complications...anyways..

The point is....when we used to walk through our neighborhood markets to buy things, we would never eat a pear or apple that was given to us...we would toss it at first chance to get rid of the potential radiation. 4 years..just 4 years after the bombings...do you think by chance that I lived in a radiated environment?

Anyways, there are more positive things..like our bomb shelter dug into the back of our back yard, right below a strawberry patch that they used human dung on, and entrapped within a bamboo jungle in Nara (Kyoto), Japan. The shelter was the same place that the survivors of the atom bomb attacks and bombing attacks survived, I played in there as a kid. I love the "true" Japanese people. They are so giving and loving. I only wish that I had about five years to spend with them again, on their level, which is godliness.
    Bill, just remarkable, very difficult to add anything but ... I had the most fortunate opportunity to do a variety of remodeling work for a family, first referenced to me by my mother-in-laws neighbors and then on to their immediate family later on. In fact, I am glad you brought this up - I need to check in with them, see how they are doing. You are absolutely right though, incredibly kind and giving ... The mother became someone dear, a true, elderly Christian lady with her feet and experience planted firmly on the ground. When they came here they were put into internment camps for I don't know how long and to hear her explanation and understanding of it, despite it all ... Not a hint of bitterness, they are very much conservative, 'patriotic', ... all-American - I would say even more so than many that might ... I digress. I used to sit in her kitchen and we would talk about the Bible, the church, my problems, she was kind of my spiritual mother if you will. I just love to listen and learn from those who have far more experience and have lived and walked further ... wisdom.

Thanks Bill, you don't know how something like sharing this can draw out latent ... sentiment, if that's the word I am looking for. It's been a very disordered and distracted kind of year personally - A lot of changes, work especially, being acquired and watching close to a hundred people exit, many that you form those loose kind of relationships with over the years, all the emotions and second guessing ... suspicions and paranoia ... drama which is usually unnecessary and overblown. It's good and bad I guess, have a lot of responsibility that has been taken on, more so in the days ahead and just for the fun of it and to fill those other milliseconds of time I jump into the netherworld of the pennies! No thanks to you guys! LOL!!! Maybe I am just letting out some of this to hear myself speak, I need to get grounded again, been kind of ... adrift.

Anyway ... Got some stock related, musings to get out just as well ...

Mentor
    10-23-2009, 08:55 AM #140
    Anyone catch the volume on EVFL yesterday? I think it was around 3 Billion - The numbers have already been reset for today, so I can't be exact, might have been less but over a billion certainly ...

Curiously, from Pinksheets;

Thursday, Oct 22, 2009 0.0001 0.0002 0.0001 0.0002 -560,264,256

Negative?

The shrub has it at;

2009/10/22 0.00010 0.00020 0.00010 0.00020 2,147,484M 0.00020

What does it all mean?

Just for that perspective business again ...

Outstanding Shares
    21,165,709,634 as of Jun 30, 2009

Authorized Shares
    100,000,000,000 as of Jun 30, 2009

Talk about the killer "B's".

Page 14 of 18 ... 41213141516 ...