Page 1 of 17 12311 ...
    Guru
    10-26-2009, 12:42 AM #1

Market Watch for week of 10/26/2009

Check last week's thread to catch up. I am sorry that we had to end the thread for last week. It was a much bigger week and a lot of fun and frustration...not to mention drama. Actually, there is tons of great information there to continue with and unanswered posts.

Anyway, here is the new thread for the week.

Anybody that is reading or lurking in this thread is welcome to post. We are a very peaceful investment team here and we all help each other in any way that we can.

If this is your first time here...then welcome!

From the crew that resides within these walls...have fun and help each other learn and hopefully succeed!

Disclaimer for this thread: Always do your own due diligence (research). None of we people in here are investment advisers or brokers, or anything that resembles a professional when it comes to dealing with stocks. If you have any questions about any stock or anything said in here, check it out with your broker. We are just a bunch of people trying to make some money, just like anyone else. What you do is your sole responsibility and not mine or that of anyone else that posts in here. This is simply a discussion group and nothing more. Stocks are very risky and you could lose all of your money. Seek professional advice before doing anything whatsoever. We are amateurs in here and are wrong most of the time. Do not take any chances with our advice to each other or our self-seeking and self-fulfilling comments.

10-26-2009, 01:04 AM #2

A few charts

Hey Bill, hope all is good, weird to be back here but I needed a break. Not much of a blogger.

Oil Chart from last Friday:
    http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/wp-cont...l-10-23-09.PNG

Case Shiller index for those whom follow the housing market:
    http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/wp-cont...er-updated.png

I found a really good site for macro perspective, enjoy!!!
    http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/

I encourage those who follow the bigger picture to bookmark the site above.

Guru
    10-26-2009, 01:20 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    Hey Bill, hope all is good, weird to be back here but I needed a break. Not much of a blogger.

Oil Chart from last Friday:
    http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/wp-cont...l-10-23-09.PNG

Case Shiller index for those whom follow the housing market:
    http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/wp-cont...er-updated.png

I found a really good site for macro perspective, enjoy!!!
    http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/

I encourage those who follow the bigger picture to bookmark the site above.
    Hey Jimmy!

I am glad that you are back, so don't feel weird about it. I know that it always feels weird to get away from something and then step back in, but no sweat there, cowboy!

I will check out the sites that you posted tomorrow..it is late now, but anyway...thanks for the buzz and you know not to ever feel weird about posting in here. You are one of the originators of this thread. You have tenure. Have a great night, buddy!

Guru
    10-26-2009, 01:35 AM #4

Bass

Welcome back! Man, we didn't know where you were. It sounds like you had one hell of a good time. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Jump right back in here...we have missed your opinions here. I know that you have been gone a while, but please just jump back in with both feet and if there is anybody here that doesn't know you, then they will very soon!
    Last edited by billhart22; 10-26-2009 at 10:22 AM.

10-26-2009, 01:38 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Hey Jimmy!

I am glad that you are back, so don't feel weird about it. I know that it always feels weird to get away from something and then step back in, but no sweat there, cowboy!

I will check out the sites that you posted tomorrow..it is late now, but anyway...thanks for the buzz and you know not to ever feel weird about posting in here. You are one of the originators of this thread. You have tenure. Have a great night, buddy!
    Go to sleep LOL!!

Here is some hocus pocus on the S@P
    http://singerprofitcharts.blogspot.c...for-s-500.html
    Month old chart!!

Have a good one Bill!!!

10-26-2009, 01:58 AM #6
    Hey,

First time register/poster, long time reader.

I am starting into stocks for the first time. I just have a few questions.

When you buy into pennie stocks, how much do you usually invest.

Ex: If a stock was .02 cents how much would you tend to put in.

Last question. Do you usually sell as soon as it would go up to .04 or do you hang onto them for the long haul.

Thanks

Scott

Guru
    10-26-2009, 10:32 AM #7
    Happy Monday guys and Julie!

What is up with stocks this morning? Chuck is gone for a week on a bike trip. Bass is back, finally!

10-26-2009, 10:46 AM #8
    Good morning, Fellas, and Julie, Too

It looks like today will be unlike any other day in history. After all, today is October 26, 2009, the only time in history to be recognized by such date

Morning confession at end of post ;-)

According to ETrade - admittedly, I've not done any other DD - the following has been announced regarding BCLE - Bio Clean

Bio-Clean International, Inc. Enters into Letter of Intent to Sell Subsidiary

Oct 23, 2009 16:00:01 (ET)

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif., Oct 23, 2009 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Bio-Clean International, Inc. (Pink Sheets: BCLE) ( www.bio-cleanintl.com ) announced today that it has entered into a Letter of Intent with Bio-Clean, Inc. (BOCL, Trade ) to sell its subsidiary, American Bio-Tech Cleaning, Inc., to Bio-Clean, Inc. No other terms of the transaction were disclosed.

About Bio-Clean International, Inc.

Bio-Clean International, Inc. recognizes the problems facing our environment. Our exclusive, non-toxic, bio-remediation fluids provide an environmentally safe solution. Our exclusive products and machines have been tested and shown to be in complete compliance with environment regulations, in other words, "Cleantech."

Our majority-owned subsidiary, American Bio-Tech Cleaning, Inc. (ABT), designs and manufactures customized parts and weapons washing/cleaning systems that are eco-friendly, using a water-based cleaning fluid integrated with a self-contained bio-remediation process. We also own a minority interest in American Bio-Clean Corporation (ABC) which markets and distributes our cleaning fluids and parts/weapons cleaning machines. ABC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOB) that is certified and meets the Federal-mandated 3% minority spending requirements. Similar mandated spending requirements adopted by most states vary from 3% to 20%. Additionally, many private sector companies have targeted goals for suppliers.

We also maintain a minority interest in Veterans Training Corporation (VTC) which is also a SDVOB business based in Southern California and provides a wide range of training programs for a variety of clients including the U.S. Department of Defense. In addition, VTC provides training programs for the private sector such as its OSHA safety-training programs for the construction industry.

For more information about Bio-Clean International, Inc. please visit our website, http://www.biocleaninternational.com

SOURCE: Bio-Clean International, Inc.

Bio-Clean International, Inc.
    Tammy D. Dunn, COO
    Tel: 714-373-1990
    Fax: 714-373-1991
    E-mail: ir@biocleaninternational.com

Morning Confession:

Okay, multiple confessions...

1. My thoughts have been with Chuck, on his ride. My hopes are that he is having wonderful moments that are fulfilling...and that he doesn't get a RWI ;-)

2. While I empathize with Tib, I had to smile that he has been brought to the point of "confessing" -- it cleanses the soul, doesn't it?

- as for QASP -- hmmm...I really don't like the Canadian affiliations with Bradley. And, I'm not sold that he's a 'good guy'. I really can't wait to get out of Quasar.

3. We've been planning on moving to Chicago, for some time now.

My wife and I have flipped schedules. I now go to bed before her.

Last night, I get an email from her saying that she doesn't want to move to Chicago, after all. Her reason - "I don't want our son to become an asshole"

ha ha -- my response: that's not good enough of a reason...not to be an asshole ;-)

Seriously, there are obnoxious folks everywhere -- there are also really great people everywhere. We'll be okay, no matter where we land...

4. We were fortunate to be able to catch the Matisyahu show, Saturday, at the Kick Gas Festival - here in San Diego. www.kickgas.com

I put some images up on one of my sites -- there are a few shoots, otherwise, on there. These are, basically, shots that I've taken for fun or otherwise pro bono. I might would add that these images are outside of my usual work...so, be nice when critiquing ;-) ... j/k ... I always welcome criticism, it's the best way for me to grow - both professionally and as a human.

http://gallery.me.com/useyourimaginary

5. Bill: The wife sent me a link from Money (online) that indicates Louisville, CO as the best town in America -- says she wants to move there.

6. I cannot wait to have Rosie on my radio!

Whew...there are a few more things on my mind -- but I'll save it for later, maybe...

7. I'm in love with my family. We're all three of an artistic mindset. Being such, we run the gamut of highs and lows. We're a passionate lot, I tell ya. Fortunately for us, our calibration levels run a little higher than the norm ;-)

8. Julie: I've intended on inquiring about Michigan vacation spots. I'm on the scout for a low-speed country-ish small town that an acre or three could be picked up for a vacation home. It'd be great to be near the water (lakes are fine) or deep in the country (off-roading). The preference is to buy in a place that is un-incorporated and not holier-than-thou with building restrictions.

ie - I'm not interested in being in a place that's going to give me a hard time for putting a yurt up in the back yard ;-)

...have a great day, folks, and Julie, Too ;-)

Rams

Guru
    10-26-2009, 11:02 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by scott6003 View Post
    Hey,

First time register/poster, long time reader.

I am starting into stocks for the first time. I just have a few questions.

When you buy into pennie stocks, how much do you usually invest.

Ex: If a stock was .02 cents how much would you tend to put in.

Last question. Do you usually sell as soon as it would go up to .04 or do you hang onto them for the long haul.

Thanks

Scott
    Hey Scott,

Welcome to our little niche here. Make yourself at home and know that you can do whatever you want here. If you are a long time reader then you probably have the feeling for the guys here being great (Julie too!).

I will give the other guys a chance to answer your question there first and then I will take a shot or comment or whatever afterward.

Anyway, we are glad that you are here!

Bill

Guru
    10-26-2009, 11:07 AM #10

Bcle

This PR is useless as the company. Why waste the calories involved with typing it?

Then again, they may think that this is a real "rip-snorter" hunk of news.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bio-Clean International, Inc. Enters into Letter of Intent to Sell Subsidiary

Oct 23, 2009 16:00:01 (ET)

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif., Oct 23, 2009 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Bio-Clean International, Inc. (Pink Sheets: BCLE) ( www.bio-cleanintl.com ) announced today that it has entered into a Letter of Intent with Bio-Clean, Inc. (BOCL, Trade ) to sell its subsidiary, American Bio-Tech Cleaning, Inc., to Bio-Clean, Inc. No other terms of the transaction were disclosed.

About Bio-Clean International, Inc.

Bio-Clean International, Inc. recognizes the problems facing our environment. Our exclusive, non-toxic, bio-remediation fluids provide an environmentally safe solution. Our exclusive products and machines have been tested and shown to be in complete compliance with environment regulations, in other words, "Cleantech."

Our majority-owned subsidiary, American Bio-Tech Cleaning, Inc. (ABT), designs and manufactures customized parts and weapons washing/cleaning systems that are eco-friendly, using a water-based cleaning fluid integrated with a self-contained bio-remediation process. We also own a minority interest in American Bio-Clean Corporation (ABC) which markets and distributes our cleaning fluids and parts/weapons cleaning machines. ABC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOB) that is certified and meets the Federal-mandated 3% minority spending requirements. Similar mandated spending requirements adopted by most states vary from 3% to 20%. Additionally, many private sector companies have targeted goals for suppliers.

We also maintain a minority interest in Veterans Training Corporation (VTC) which is also a SDVOB business based in Southern California and provides a wide range of training programs for a variety of clients including the U.S. Department of Defense. In addition, VTC provides training programs for the private sector such as its OSHA safety-training programs for the construction industry.

For more information about Bio-Clean International, Inc. please visit our website, http://www.biocleaninternational.com

SOURCE: Bio-Clean International, Inc.

Bio-Clean International, Inc.
    Tammy D. Dunn, COO
    Tel: 714-373-1990
    Fax: 714-373-1991
    E-mail: ir@biocleaninternational.com

Page 1 of 17 12311 ...