Page 3 of 4 1234
    Enthusiast
    10-16-2009, 11:30 AM #21
    Yeah, that's all I'm seeing is red. Thanks for hexing me Ben. Also have veins popping out of my head watching LVLT sinking lower and lower. I know it's Friday and a down day to boot but this stupid stock starting sinking yesterday afternoon. Was tracking a little on the high side of the Bolinger bands, above its 20 day EMA, oh yeah, but when I jump into it within 10 minutes it drops .03/share.

Had a chance yesterday to jump into SIRI after escaping Citi with my manhood barely intact but noooo...

...everything I touch turns to #$%@!

10-16-2009, 12:58 PM #22

Thumbs up

I certainly wouldnt say we are up on no news. We dont have any official news but Mel presented today at the Liberty Capital conference call. He said some very positive things. For one the Liquidity issue are gone. He also said cash for clunkers was a huge sucess. He also floated the idea the idea out there to activate some channels on all non subscribed radios for promotional purposes and possible ad revenue. The other thing he said is they are thinking of working with car insurance companies to capture the one part of the used and private car sales market that has yet to be captured and that is private used car sales. They want to work with insurance companies to offer Sirius to new car insurance sign ups. This is a great IDEA!!! To hear the replay of the conference call check here when it s available!! Click on todays date for teh conference call replay. I feel very good after listening to MEL today!!

http://ir.libertymedia.com/phoenix.z...=irol-calendar

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    10-16-2009, 01:08 PM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by SIRIUSNEEDTOKNOWINFO View Post
    I certainly wouldnt say we are up on no news. We dont have any official news but Mel presented today at the Liberty Capital conference call. He said some very positive things. For one the Liquidity issue are gone. He also said cash for clunkers was a huge sucess. He also floated the idea the idea out there to activate some channels on all non subscribed radios for promotional purposes and possible ad revenue. The other thing he said is they are thinking of working with car insurance companies to capture the one part of the used and private car sales market that has yet to be captured and that is private used car sales. They want to work with insurance companies to offer Sirius to new car insurance sign ups. This is a great IDEA!!! To hear the replay of the conference call check here when it s available!! Click on todays date for teh conference call replay. I feel very good after listening to MEL today!!

Hey man, thank you so much for that update. This is indeed good news!

Guru
    10-16-2009, 02:21 PM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmertz View Post
    Yeah, that's all I'm seeing is red. Thanks for hexing me Ben. Also have veins popping out of my head watching LVLT sinking lower and lower. I know it's Friday and a down day to boot but this stupid stock starting sinking yesterday afternoon. Was tracking a little on the high side of the Bolinger bands, above its 20 day EMA, oh yeah, but when I jump into it within 10 minutes it drops .03/share.

Had a chance yesterday to jump into SIRI after escaping Citi with my manhood barely intact but noooo...

...everything I touch turns to #$%@!
    You and me both Mertz. In fact, I tried to buy GHM a while back with a limit order. Every time I placed the order, it would start to rise, and my buy order didn't execute. This happened 4 times. Today it pops and is up $1.12/ share.

So the ones I don't buy rock, and the ones I do buy suck. I'm getting tag teamed.

I have had good luck with TCK; though if I'd of bought and held instead of taking profit (like Big Ben preaches); I could have tripled my earnings.

SIRI looks good today. Volume is average now. Short coverings or real demand?
    Last edited by SiriuslyLong; 10-16-2009 at 02:23 PM.

Guru
    10-16-2009, 02:24 PM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by SIRIUSNEEDTOKNOWINFO View Post

Thanks for the info; answered my question above.

Enthusiast
    10-16-2009, 03:34 PM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    You and me both Mertz. In fact, I tried to buy GHM a while back with a limit order. Every time I placed the order, it would start to rise, and my buy order didn't execute. This happened 4 times. Today it pops and is up $1.12/ share.

So the ones I don't buy rock, and the ones I do buy suck. I'm getting tag teamed.

I have had good luck with TCK; though if I'd of bought and held instead of taking profit (like Big Ben preaches); I could have tripled my earnings.

SIRI looks good today. Volume is average now. Short coverings or real demand?
    Tooo funny! I can relate to the exact situation - except I tried 3 times. Hit it on the third cuz I go so ticked from missing it as it climbed northbound I went way high in order to get in. I hadn't put my trail on it yet and of course, like you, I lost several hundred by the end of the day. That was with LXRX. I'll check out TCK.

By the way...hint, hint...their phase testing results should be posting in December. I don't know if I'll be in the market then or not. This stuff causes too many sleepless nights and stomach ulcers for me. I'll probably cash it all in with Scottrade and pay off credit card debt.

I would like to catch SIRI this Q3 as I think it should be a fairly nice ride up to the top. GLA!

Enthusiast
    10-16-2009, 03:47 PM #27
    Geez SIRI - don't take off too fast! I won't be able to buy in until this coming Friday the 23rd!

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    10-16-2009, 03:54 PM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmertz View Post
    Geez SIRI - don't take off too fast! I won't be able to buy in until this coming Friday the 23rd!
    Hey, hey, hey, enough of that Mertz....I'd like to see .70 by next Friday!

10-16-2009, 04:49 PM #29
    Check SIRI closing price from last Fri. till now. Fri..54, Mon..55, Tues..56, Wed..57, Thurs..58, Today .59 Last 10 Min. today goes from .605 to .59 . Someone is really playing with this stock.

Guru
    10-16-2009, 07:09 PM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by njb View Post
    Check SIRI closing price from last Fri. till now. Fri..54, Mon..55, Tues..56, Wed..57, Thurs..58, Today .59 Last 10 Min. today goes from .605 to .59 . Someone is really playing with this stock.
    You aint kidding. Look at the 2 day chart in 5 minute increments. WOW. Talk about pump and dump. Huge volume the last 10 minutes where the sp just plummets. I wish I knew who, what, when, where, why........ I last saw it up 3 cents, then I look at close of 1.2. It's good to be green, but better to be more green.

Page 3 of 4 1234