Page 2 of 4 1234
    Guru
    10-14-2009, 09:51 AM #11
    Sirius Roadkill, I disagree I think there are much more and bigger savings coming down the pike. The first year was just the tip of the ice burg. you will start to really see most opf the savings come in the second and third year and then the major ones in 6 to 7 years out. Just a reminder there were many analylst that felt that there would actually be no real savings in the first year and for Mel to have gotten what he has is surprising to say the least. I think as we go forward you start to see even bigger savings that will directly show in the bottom line.

Mentor
    10-14-2009, 11:15 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Sirius Roadkill, I disagree I think there are much more and bigger savings coming down the pike. The first year was just the tip of the ice burg. you will start to really see most opf the savings come in the second and third year and then the major ones in 6 to 7 years out. Just a reminder there were many analylst that felt that there would actually be no real savings in the first year and for Mel to have gotten what he has is surprising to say the least. I think as we go forward you start to see even bigger savings that will directly show in the bottom line.
    john. . yes, I will expect more synergies as well . . there is still a lot of overlap between the merged companies . . no doubt . . and Mel is an expert cost cutter

For example . . they own a building in D.C. with a $40,000,000 mortgage on it and are renting pricey Manhattan office space and paying too much rent based on a lease that was entered at peak market

They should walk-out on the lease and make the Landlord renegotiate . . as Landlords always do!

They should sell the D.C building if they are not underwater on the mortgage or negotiate a "short-sale" with the lender to get out from the debt payment . . or if they feel they still need that space . . do a sale-leaseback and downsize their space . . they should not be in the real estate business . .

So yes, more synergies to come for sure . . . but . . . my point is that the street will not respond favorably to the Sirius XM story if Mel is not growing top line revenue . . every publicly traded company is under the same pressure right now.

Growing the bottom line through cost cutting will only take the SP so far. I like the job Mel has done in that area . . but I would like to see a bigger footprint on top-line revenue (read SALES)

He has got to make that happen . . speculators will then come in and buy on a "multiple" of next year's growth rate . .

So yes john . . more cost cutting is good - and Mel is the right man for that job . . but I hope to God I am not sitting here 6 to 7 years from now still trying to disect them (lol)
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 10-14-2009 at 11:17 AM.

Mentor
    10-14-2009, 11:24 AM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Hey . . I just noticed that I have passed homer985 in posts . . which officially makes me smarter than him . .

so if anyone has any questions about anything john posts . . or doubts its accuracy . . I will be more than happy to field your questions and verify his information . . .

Guru
    10-14-2009, 11:54 AM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    john. . yes, I will expect more synergies as well . . there is still a lot of overlap between the merged companies . . no doubt . . and Mel is an expert cost cutter

For example . . they own a building in D.C. with a $40,000,000 mortgage on it and are renting pricey Manhattan office space and paying too much rent based on a lease that was entered at peak market

They should walk-out on the lease and make the Landlord renegotiate . . as Landlords always do!

They should sell the D.C building if they are not underwater on the mortgage or negotiate a "short-sale" with the lender to get out from the debt payment . . or if they feel they still need that space . . do a sale-leaseback and downsize their space . . they should not be in the real estate business . .

So yes, more synergies to come for sure . . . but . . . my point is that the street will not respond favorably to the Sirius XM story if Mel is not growing top line revenue . . every publicly traded company is under the same pressure right now.

Growing the bottom line through cost cutting will only take the SP so far. I like the job Mel has done in that area . . but I would like to see a bigger footprint on top-line revenue (read SALES)

He has got to make that happen . . speculators will then come in and buy on a "multiple" of next year's growth rate . .

So yes john . . more cost cutting is good - and Mel is the right man for that job . . but I hope to God I am not sitting here 6 to 7 years from now still trying to disect them (lol)

Well first this economy has got to get alot better before I think anyone is going to expect any company to grow at even a small to moderate rate. I believe for now and in the near future investors are just looking for a stable company or at least that they can be a stable company with what they have. On top of that SIRIXM has shown that they can grow revenue from what they have already and in this economy that is not half bad.

Guru
    10-14-2009, 11:56 AM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Hey . . I just noticed that I have passed homer985 in posts . . which officially makes me smarter than him . .

so if anyone has any questions about anything john posts . . or doubts its accuracy . . I will be more than happy to field your questions and verify his information . . .

I dont know about that I have 4 times the post of homer and I am most likely only half as intelligent so take that for what its worth.

P.S. My common sense and logic skills get me the rest of the way. As an example did you see even now the man made global warming scientist are JUST now saying what I have said about the earth cooling over the next 10 to 20 years 6 MONTHS AGO. Ether that or my psychic abilities are even better then I thought, LOL, LOL. I had to do that to get lloyds goat.
    Last edited by john; 10-14-2009 at 12:02 PM.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    10-14-2009, 04:32 PM #16
    We're up a penny and a half today. Congratulations for you folks that got in a few days ago in the low fifties. Hopefully those days are behind us now.

Big Ben's doomsday hasn't come yet and his stock picks FAZ and FXP are tanking. The price for those two are very low now, if you have no faith in the economy or the future you may want to buy in now!

Head Honcho
    10-16-2009, 10:43 AM #17
    The market is having a down day, yet sirius is up on no news. Par for the course I guess.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

10-16-2009, 10:43 AM #18
    It's Friday....market is down....SIRI is up.......

I'm a novice at what news has moved it up....but it's a nice little lift to start a Friday.

Guru
    10-16-2009, 10:45 AM #19
    Here, I'll post something just to show this forum has life.

Where's Big Ben? The market is all red today; you'd think he'd check in to tell you he said so LOL. What's the Spartan saying, "Today is a good day to buy".

SIRI was up 1.8 cents on low volume on my last look. What's it mean? It's up 1.8 cents on light volume.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    10-16-2009, 10:52 AM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Here, I'll post something just to show this forum has life.

Where's Big Ben? The market is all red today; you'd think he'd check in to tell you he said so LOL. What's the Spartan saying, "Today is a good day to buy".

SIRI was up 1.8 cents on low volume on my last look. What's it mean? It's up 1.8 cents on light volume.
    Yeah, where is Big Ben....I miss his sad song...LOL

Page 2 of 4 1234