Page 6 of 39 ... 4567816 ...
    10-12-2009, 09:29 PM #51
    ASFX

It's official! Ahnold signed it!

scroll down about halfway --

http://gov.ca.gov/press-release/13575/

Love,

Me

EDIT: See, Ramsey *is* useful for something other than peripheral entertainment ;>)
    Last edited by Ramsey; 10-12-2009 at 09:32 PM.

10-12-2009, 09:45 PM #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    Sadly, that would be an affirmative...and they keep raising the rate. This time around, it was $200 p/m!

It's absolutely ridiculous what we pay for insurance -- I really don't look forward to actually being *old* and not_healthy.

I agree Rams, insurance is waaay too high.

My attempt at a feeble joke when you said married men pay
    lower insurance premiums. So I responded with does
    your wife pay higher.

Keep your stories coming, Ramsey. Nice reprieve from all the stock reports.

Julie

Guru
    10-12-2009, 10:25 PM #53

Organic Wheat Cinnamon Rolls

Chuck et al;

As requested:
    This is how I make them. I take my bread maker to mix this all up. I don't go step by step, because it is not necessary. You can use a heavy duty mixer with a bread hook also. I bake them in the oven.

I just toss all of the ingredients in and let it rip.

1 package yeast
    2 1/2 cups lukewarm water
    1/2 cup shortening (I use non-hydrogenated palm oil shortening from health foods store, but you can use butter or whatever)
    1/2 cup organic sugar
    3 cups organic whole wheat flour
    3 cups organic unbleached white flour
    2 eggs
    1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt

Throw all of the above into a bread machine or mixer and let it beat for at least 15 minutes, until it is a smooth and consistent ball. If you use a bread machine, then let it go through the whole dough cycle. It sure can't hurt. If you do it by hand....good luck! I have never tried it..(Hint: you can mix raisins in with the dough if you want)

Then I take a large glass/ceramic bowl and spray it with Pam, toss in the ball into the bowl. I then take some Pam and spray some clear wrap and put that over the the opening on the bowl, so everything is lubricated.

Turn the bowl upside down so the plastic is now on the counter. In about an hour or an hour and 1/2 the bowl will be lifted off of the counter, because this dough really expands.

I just take it out of the bowl, without kneading it and then roll it out with a roller. I roll it out about 2 1/2 feet long and probably a foot and a half wide. So the dough is probably 1/4 inch to a half inch thick...somewhere in there.

Then I take a quarter cup of melted butter and pour it on top of the dough and brush it all over. Then I take 1/4 cup of organic white sugar and spread it around and then 1/4 cup of organic brown sugar and spread it around (I actually use more than that). Load the cinnamon on. After that I take a bunch of raisins and spread them all around.

Then I roll up the dough. It gets fatter in the middle, but it is easy to stretch it out for consistent size. I then mark the middle with a knife and then mark six rolls on each side and then cut them one by one and put them on a greased (Pam) baking sheet. The oven is preheated to 375. I let the rolls double in size and then bake them for 30 minutes exactly (my timing) and then take them out.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by billhart22; 10-13-2009 at 01:10 AM.

Mentor
    10-12-2009, 10:33 PM #54
    anyone know if that info came out before, during or after the trading day?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    ASFX

It's official! Ahnold signed it!

scroll down about halfway --

http://gov.ca.gov/press-release/13575/

Love,

Me

EDIT: See, Ramsey *is* useful for something other than peripheral entertainment ;>)

10-12-2009, 10:52 PM #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    anyone know if that info came out before, during or after the trading day?
    Hey Dave,

Im not sure, I know some folks on the spoke knew about it during the trading day. The stock was down in the morning and then went crazy for most the rest of the day. I made a few bucks from .0265 to .036 and decided to get back in with all the dry powder I had back at .0355, now I sit and wait and hope I didnt make the wrong move.

What are your thoughts...have you looked at the chart...you know me..I havent got a clue what Im doing.

10-13-2009, 12:12 AM #56
    no no, Julie -- you hit the mark, indeed. And, it was - indeed - hilarious.

The humor, as it were, just happened to be on the coattails of the "hey folks, you know that really shitty insurance that we provide for you - @ $8K per year - um, yeah, we're gonna need another $2k from you, yeah" --

Well - in *fairness* it may be $1897.32...

Anyway, please Julie, Too, don't shy away from busting my chops just because you hit a sore & very tender spot...thanks! Spoonful of sugar, ya know...or in this case, hey bubba, here's some salt to help cauterize the wound...cause we needja back on your feet pronto!

Ha Ha...LIMH

Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    I agree Rams, insurance is waaay too high.

My attempt at a feeble joke when you said married men pay
    lower insurance premiums. So I responded with does
    your wife pay higher.

Keep your stories coming, Ramsey. Nice reprieve from all the stock reports.

Julie

Guru
    10-13-2009, 01:55 AM #57
    This is from the http://www.stockhideout.com

It is a great site..Many have been there...I just wanted to show what they do daily:
    http://www.stockhideout.com/sas-nigh...ns.htmlhttp://

Mentor
    10-13-2009, 02:53 AM #58
    Seriously Bill -

You think you can find those types of patterns by searching the tickers from scottraders unusual volume/price moves list about and hour and a half before the market closes? Or do any of you know of a site that includes pennies in lists like that? I still don't use scottrader, as the only PC I have access too is this ancient general use one in our office.. it gets used so little, I have no idea how much spy crap is on it.. I used it last in like 2006, and I don't even know if it has the capability to run the software. Anyway, things like that, depending on the rest of the price, I'd go in on at the end of the day.

Mentor
    10-13-2009, 03:38 AM #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Guy View Post
    Hey Dave,

Im not sure, I know some folks on the spoke knew about it during the trading day. The stock was down in the morning and then went crazy for most the rest of the day. I made a few bucks from .0265 to .036 and decided to get back in with all the dry powder I had back at .0355, now I sit and wait and hope I didnt make the wrong move.

What are your thoughts...have you looked at the chart...you know me..I havent got a clue what Im doing.
    Yeah - I because of that spike, my other charts are kind of wonky, but I had made a log chart with buys and sells, so I'll post it now, since I'm on a time crunch...

So, basically, there's no not a lot of pattern play, so can't give a real direction, but can at least say from a TA level what I see. We are jumping around from different forms of support and resistance. The 3rd candle back fell on the steeper trendline. That's usually a turning point (to go back up again), or a place to mark where it's time to short (if it were shortable)... depending on your bias... which of course at that time was down, so it did drop the following day, and closed on one of the 0.025 resistance line (marked via a candle close from previous run high + even number), I think I posted on this. Then today, we hit the next even number 0.02 on the low side, and did what we call a pullback to the sharp trendline... now note, the sharp trendline today matches the 50% fibonacci line - so it was a turn around point or place to pause to a TA guy, and from there, it pulled back a little on the close.

Now our rally was on above average volume, but lower then than yesterday, so less buyers. Particularly, since the event to send it down had 2 days of sellers. From the pullback, usually 2 things happen... 1) it then continues down, or 2) it rides up along the line, but doesn't pierce it. If you extend the lines for weds trading... the trendline is sharp enough to just about match the next round number, being 0.05. So with those 2 forms of resistance, that may be as high as it will go. Since the run up was before the signing event, that's more my bet.. that the "usual 2 things occur" - I'm not expecting the 3rd option, 3) where we go up above the line and close above the line.

Anything can happen... but TA wise I'm more inclined to see for 1) turn around: a) a gap and trap - open along 0.05, then turn down or b) direct tankage,
    for 2) ride up along the line: open around the close, move up or down, but come near or touch 0.05, then close a little below.

Those are my estimates, and of course, anything can happen. I've said before, there are days where there is a high probability of calling something - and that will be one thing, and tomorrows action is in the low range, where I give the probability of those 3 things occurring. Then there are days where you can call a point but not know when exactly it'll occur, but you know there's a high probabilty of it occurring... like SIRI hitting about 0.62 in April, then 0.70 a little while back before cutting back. As I said, if it worked on a day to day basis, I'd be a rich daytrader, and you guys would pay $1000/mo for a sub. LOL.

Anyway, those are the cases I'd bet on, so I'm hoping to dump a little more around 0.048-0.049 manana, if possible.

I just started making a bank of charts with buys and sells... should have done that years ago.. I have no idea why I made that 4th sell, other than panic on losing some gains, lol. Looking at this chart, that was a good day to hold.

I plan on keeping some shares in, but money management wise, I need to pull some out. I hope that the probable thing doesn't happen, and we shoot above 0.05 and hold. As always, make your own plan... and bear in mind that the 2 of us are trading from different starting points, and with different current money management objectives, besides different trading strategies.
    Last edited by Dr. Dave; 10-13-2009 at 03:47 AM.

Mentor
    10-13-2009, 03:41 AM #60
    LOL, money management wise, I should be out of 1/2 these other tickers, and scouring for better plays too... just that the aforementioned stock represents a lot more cash than those others.

Page 6 of 39 ... 4567816 ...