Page 39 of 39 ... 29373839
    10-18-2009, 12:28 AM #381
    No doubt, Tib, no doubt...

I'm gonna do some super butterfly meditation Monday morning...you know, in an effort to NOT buy any more, should it *really* tank.

At the end of the day, I didn't put money in that I *need* to have next week...so, whatever...

This doesn't change the fact that I'm not, at all, pleased with this Keystone Cop type of behavior...

Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Hey Rams,

Man, it seems it is getting more brutal over there, they just got these guys on board and now they are bailing ... You go to love the CYA in this stuff, the legal-speak, goobledygook - To put my sarcastic spin on it, something like ...

DT: "It is really unfortunate you guy's have found yourselves in such a bind and we really wanted to work with you on this but, as you know, our auditors are very fond of the burger joint just across the street from our home base. They are all a bit homesick and well, you know the drive and traffic, it's all just a bit too overwhelming for them. We found nothing wrong at all here with your company and are just as stunned at all the alegations and hoopla surrounding it, but when the hunger pangs strike, you have to do what you have to do! We have to keep our employees well being in mind, their morale up and found this to be in everyone's best interest. Can't have a bunch of hungry, disgruntled agents working on the books, it can really complicate matters. But good luck to you!"

Mentor
    10-18-2009, 10:18 AM #382
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    No doubt, Tib, no doubt...

I'm gonna do some super butterfly meditation Monday morning...you know, in an effort to NOT buy any more, should it *really* tank.

At the end of the day, I didn't put money in that I *need* to have next week...so, whatever...

This doesn't change the fact that I'm not, at all, pleased with this Keystone Cop type of behavior...
    Hey Rams,

A bit over the top there I was, attempting to be cute. This really is difficult to pin down and grapple with, so many variables and possibilities. Reading through the machinations on the shrub ... I know not much needs to be said there ... Anything is possible, what an underwhelming statement!

I think I lost a lot of relish for the dramatic since picking SIRI as my training wheels - The daily, hourly, minute to minute play by play at first was exciting, then tedious and finally just washed out into a sea of white noise.

Of course I still pop in occasionally to 'get a pulse' for sentiment and whatever news bit's ... Man, I wonder if the wife spiked the coffee with decaf this morning, might have to swallow a feather duster to clear out the cobwebs ...

Sponge just may come out of this clear for all we know ... should be a telling week ahead one way or the other.

10-18-2009, 11:28 AM #383
    I can certainly dig what you're saying, Tib.

At least, I've become desensitized to most of it. I'm basically in the 'not really caring what happens' side of the tracks.

My thought is that if these companies can grate on *my* nerves and get me to the point where I don't give a hoot...they're in trouble. And what I mean by this is that I pretty much look like the common retail investor.

Which means that I know just enough to buy in...

Life's a learning experience, though...and what I'm learning is that the pennies can suck the joy out of the market. And *that* just sucks.

Anyway, I'm not watching any of it quite like I was...mostly looking on my phone, when I think about it.

My sell orders are in...that's all I got for any of them...

I wouldn't think of letting my wife make *my* coffee...

The daily, hourly, minute to minute play by play at first was exciting, then tedious and finally just washed out into a sea of white noise.

Of course I still pop in occasionally to 'get a pulse' for sentiment and whatever news bit's ...

Man, I wonder if the wife spiked the coffee with decaf this morning, might have to swallow a feather duster to clear out the cobwebs ...

Sponge just may come out of this clear for all we know ... should be a telling week ahead one way or the other.

Mentor
    10-18-2009, 07:24 PM #384
    Sure is quiet this weekend ... Hopefully that is a good thing with everyone.

Hey it's almost "Next week" again! Actually a bit more optimistic, just some guttural feel ...

Rams, caught a mention during the week and last weekend I had begun an in-depth search on Dean Bradley (Of our favorite Aerospace Co.) - It ended up being somewhat of a dead end, but picked it back up this morning ... Got a few links. Hopefully this won't be too herky-jerky, have so many tabbed pages up here that I am not presenting this in any well thought out manner ...

Here is bit on Dean from a different venture -
    http://people.forbes.com/profile/dean-bradley/12733

And some follow up regarding the Bonton Corp.
    http://finapps.forbes.com/finapps/js....jsp?tkr=BNTNF

Here is an interesting bit, if you click on the 'visualizer' thingy it expands full screen. From this, I began heading off on various trails .. One of them being McKenzie Capital Corporation;

http://www.corporationwiki.com/Flori.../27449718.aspx

(The address jives with the other findings further down here)

Checking into this, the best fit I could come up with was;
    http://www.mackenziefinancial.com/
    But, being stalled here moved on.

From the Wiki link, I picked up a key phrase in small font - "Source: Public Record data - Department of State - Division of Corporations". Launching off this and digging in further came up with a very helpful site ... None other than the Florida Department of State Division of Corporations;

http://www.sunbiz.org/search.html - (Inquire by name)

http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/cornamelis.exe ( Search on McKenzie Capital Corporation)

If you scroll down to the bottom they have provided pdf. files just as well.

A snippet;

Florida Profit Corporation
    MCKENZIE CAPITAL CORPORATION
    Filing Information
    Document Number P08000047694
    FEI/EIN Number NONE
    Date Filed 05/13/2008
    State FL
    Status INACTIVE
    Last Event ADMIN DISSOLUTION FOR ANNUAL REPORT
    Event Date Filed 09/25/2009
    Event Effective Date NONE

Principal Address
    1552 WALNUT CREEK DRIVE
    FLEMING ISLAND FL 32003 US
    Mailing Address
    1552 WALNUT CREEK DRIVE
    Registered Agent Name & Address
    BRADLEY, DEAN O
    1556 WALNUT CREEK DRIVE

Naturally, wanting to see what else was avaiable I took the hedge clippers out and headed over to the shrub (under the cover of darkness) ... I was hearkening back to the i box, recalling the various entities that were listed in one of the early PR's -

The portion from my recollection (Primarily the abbreviated 'wholly owned subsidiaries') ;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Introduction to QAI's Vision

Quasar Aerospace Industries, Inc. (QAI) is an integrated aviation/aerospace corporation which has been created to pursue an innovative and highly synergistic business strategy. This strategy will be achieved through a process by which several businesses in the aviation/aerospace industry will be combined into an integrated and self-supporting network which will have the ability to operate in a more complex strategic environment and to achieve greater success than would have been possible if they were operating purely alone. Within this context QAI will not acquire and operate these business units according to some master corporate plan. Rather, the goal will be for these entities to retain their operational independence and unique corporate cultures. In this fashion, the resources, talents, insight, experience, and market potential of each will be supported and enhanced in a cooperative process which will lead to increased productivity, efficiency, and scalable economies resulting in increased profitability and market relevance.

The integration of the business units of QAI will be a phased process which will require that each unit be operationally vital and cash positive from inception. The only exception to this principal will be a unit tasked to develop follow-on products. This will be explained in detail below.

The units integrated in the first phase of QAI’s operations will either be wholly owned subsidiaries, or QAI will hold a minimum 80% equity. These components are:

Atlantic Aviation, Inc. (AAI) – AAI is a wholly-owned subsidiary of QAI which operates a flight school at Herlong Airport in Jacksonville, Florida, and will develop and operate flight schools nationwide.

A soon-to-be named company is a successful aircraft component manufacturer.

Aviation Import/Export, Inc. (AIE) - AIE was formed to import aircraft and/or aircraft components for sale, lease and use by QAI affiliates and for sale and/or lease to other companies.

Quasar Aircraft Corporation (QAC) - This company will develop the new products and over see the development of the VLJ program

Quasar Financial Corporation (QFC) - This entity will support the aircraft sales process by arranging financing and insurance for customers and the aircraft that will be required for AAI’s flight school operations

A second major phase of the corporation’s development will be to identify and acquire small to medium sized business which will be complimentary to QAI’s strategic vision and conglomerate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, naturally I started punching these names into the States search function there and ... Well, I had to go grocery shopping, so I short circuited the thought train (not very difficult to do under any circumstance) and returned to try and figure out which one of these was which ...

At any rate, this one caught my eye due to the recent date on it
    (10/14/09) -
    http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/cordet...s_filing_type=

Again a snippet;

Foreign Profit Corporation
    QUASAR AIRCRAFT COMPANY INC
    Filing Information
    Document Number F08000002748
    FEI/EIN Number 743226149
    Date Filed 06/19/2008
    State NV
    Status ACTIVE
    Last Event REINSTATEMENT
    Event Date Filed 10/14/2009
    Event Effective Date NONE

Principal Address
    9300 NORMANDY BLVD.
    SUITE 511
    JACKSONVILLE FL 32221
    Changed 10/14/2009
    Mailing Address
    9300 NORMANDY BLVD.
    SUITE 511
    JACKSONVILLE FL 32221
    Changed 10/14/2009
    Registered Agent Name & Address
    BRADLEY, DEAN
    1556 WALNUT CREEK DRIVE
    FLEMING ISLAND FL 32003

See the pdf. as well.

It appears to be just an address change.

I popped in the financial arm mentioned above -

http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/cordet...s_filing_type=

And the "Aviation Import/Export" which brought me back to the financial subsidiary. Perhaps it was folded into it, unsure ...

This is a bit convoluted due to the earlier interruption, lost my bearings, would have been better off to start afresh, taking each entity into the search one by one ...

What I did lean, to summarize this, is that Dean's middle initial is "O" - That there is apparently, at the least, some registrations on these 'wholly owned subsidiaries' and that this might be a helpful resource going forward, might be able to pick up some bit's and pieces in the days ahead as long as the acquisitions are being ... processed.

10-18-2009, 08:00 PM #385
    Ramsey... ive been in the background listening for a while now on and off ,and i could use some (PUMP ;-) i'm in pretty deep in to spng, and i could use some news any news that would help me try and make some sense of this for tomorrow am... i see you and Alaska Guy both have some and i would be greatful for any shread of news... other than just eat lead, any thoughts from the board ? thanks robert (aka pilotfish)

10-18-2009, 08:01 PM #386
    yeah, Tib, it would appear that the rest of the folks are having a fantastic weekend - otherwise ;-)

...or they just don't want to talk to us ;-)

As for Mr Bradley -- Yeah, I went down *that* rabbit hole last week. Not for nothing, I just don't care to hold a lot of discussion on him.

Well, I'll say a couple of things...maybe three.

1. http://tinyurl.com/yjmchuj - here's your 1552 Walnut Creek Drive.

1a. I'm really tired of seeing pics of 4x4s relative to stocks. just sayin'

2. While I don't have the link at my fingertips, I happened across his bio -- while one of his degrees (something having to do with real estate I believe) was listed as graduating from UCLA, there were a number of credentials, otherwise.

2a. the bio was extremely non-specific.
    2b. the voice on the May 09 CC was not one that I would associate with an *educated man*.
    2b1. educated does not equate to savvy, in my book.

3. technically speaking, I'm still positive gains on QASP - even though I'm down a grand right now.

right now -- my primary interest is reading about happy bubbles.

Got Bubbles, Tib?

I need bubbles to be happy...

[QUOTE=Los Tiburones;54832]Sure is quiet this weekend ... Hopefully that is a good thing with everyone.

Mentor
    10-18-2009, 08:44 PM #387
    [QUOTE=Ramsey;54834]yeah, Tib, it would appear that the rest of the folks are having a fantastic weekend - otherwise ;-)

...or they just don't want to talk to us ;-)

As for Mr Bradley -- Yeah, I went down *that* rabbit hole last week. Not for nothing, I just don't care to hold a lot of discussion on him.

Well, I'll say a couple of things...maybe three.

1. http://tinyurl.com/yjmchuj - here's your 1552 Walnut Creek Drive.

1a. I'm really tired of seeing pics of 4x4s relative to stocks. just sayin'

2. While I don't have the link at my fingertips, I happened across his bio -- while one of his degrees (something having to do with real estate I believe) was listed as graduating from UCLA, there were a number of credentials, otherwise.

2a. the bio was extremely non-specific.
    2b. the voice on the May 09 CC was not one that I would associate with an *educated man*.
    2b1. educated does not equate to savvy, in my book.

3. technically speaking, I'm still positive gains on QASP - even though I'm down a grand right now.

right now -- my primary interest is reading about happy bubbles.

Got Bubbles, Tib?

I need bubbles to be happy...

Sure is quiet this weekend ... Hopefully that is a good thing with everyone.
    Hey Rams,

The only bubbles I have are of the wrapping kind used in shipping ... No, I missed 'getting in' as it was running away from me while I was still in that state of .. "Sponges? A sponge company? Invest in a stock that sells ... ?"

Hard to tell whether or not this was just dumb luck, had every intention of getting in if it every retraced back to some affordable level ... of course that was before all the soap hit the fan so to speak.

Hard not to comment on a discussion that doesn't want to commence re: DOB But ... and fwiw, I thought he came off as an old school no BS kind of persona from what little could be gleaned ... maybe I need to listen to it again.

At any rate, the suspicion\paranoia\skepticism alert remains at "Orange" or on high alert regardless. Decent house there, looks like it's near a golf course, unless that was DOB heading off to work

10-18-2009, 09:14 PM #388
    "DOB" -- LIMH

Seriously, Tib, I appreciate your take -- If I can summon the energy, I'll listen to it again - myself - tomorrow.

Fact is, I actually like it when I'm wrong on some fronts - allows for growth. Anyway, this would certainly qualify as a time that I'm quite hopeful to be wrong.

SPNG - it's kind of funny, in a morose way, that we're faced with more than the standard "it'll either go up or go down" scenario.

Hell, we don't know if it'll even be trading tomorrow...

While I've not had follow the trail, I did receive an email alert that headlined that "Spongetech has been sold". Granted, the embedded link was to the Yahoo boards -- which is why I didn't bother to chase it. I'd be willing to wager that it's just bantering rubbish.

I'm happy to just daydream, over here. You know -- like there was a buyout that dated back to the $0.20 days & our shares have been purchased already @ + $0.20.

Hey Rams,

The only bubbles I have are of the wrapping kind used in shipping ... No, I missed 'getting in' as it was running away from me while I was still in that state of .. "Sponges? A sponge company? Invest in a stock that sells ... ?"

Hard to tell whether or not this was just dumb luck, had every intention of getting in if it every retraced back to some affordable level ... of course that was before all the soap hit the fan so to speak.

Hard not to comment on a discussion that doesn't want to commence re: DOB But ... and fwiw, I thought he came off as an old school no BS kind of persona from what little could be gleaned ... maybe I need to listen to it again.

At any rate, the suspicion\paranoia\skepticism alert remains at "Orange" or on high alert regardless. Decent house there, looks like it's near a golf course, unless that was DOB heading off to work [/QUOTE]

Page 39 of 39 ... 29373839