Page 14 of 39 ... 4121314151624 ...
    10-13-2009, 10:04 PM #131
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Here is the method to eliminate a bunch of advertising.

Well, instead of emailing this thing, here we go...the file that eliminates a bunch of advertising. If you have any doubts...don't do it!! I am NOT responsible in any way for your computer or operating system. This is educational material only and may not be accurate:

If you have any doubts, make a backup of your hosts.txt file as you go along.

Right click on start tab and click on explore.
    Go to C: drive
    Go to windows folder
    Apple users:

1. Launch Camino browser.
    2. File--->Preferences
    3. Click on "Disable web advertising"
    4. Go to sleep

End of transmission.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    10-13-2009, 10:07 PM #132
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHerdGreg View Post
    Apple users:

2. File--->Preferences
    4. Go to sleep

End of transmission.
    That would make a great APPLE commercial........

Guru
    10-13-2009, 10:26 PM #133
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHerdGreg View Post
    Apple users:

2. File--->Preferences
    4. Go to sleep

End of transmission.
    Ha Ha.....should have known. "I am a PC".

10-13-2009, 10:45 PM #134
    I've said this about forty times TODAY -- okay, it's been like five...

but...

I am absolutely blown away by how much free advertising the iPhone gets from every *other* company in the Universe!

Today, the topic grabbing headline was for the 'Smart Alarm' by Viper. I swear, the iPhone is going to be the cause of more unintended expenditures than Costco!

How awesome would it be to have *that* alarm in cold weather!

Anyway...I'm leaning towards cashing out of everything and just buying Apple...eventually, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post

Mentor
    10-13-2009, 11:15 PM #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    I've said this about forty times TODAY -- okay, it's been like five...

but...

I am absolutely blown away by how much free advertising the iPhone gets from every *other* company in the Universe!

Today, the topic grabbing headline was for the 'Smart Alarm' by Viper. I swear, the iPhone is going to be the cause of more unintended expenditures than Costco!

How awesome would it be to have *that* alarm in cold weather!

Anyway...I'm leaning towards cashing out of everything and just buying Apple...eventually, at least.
    Hey Rams,

How did you guy's weather the storm out there? We got spanked pretty good - I got to play 'rain-man' today- Leaks in the lab, in the main conference room ... got soaked twice ... Wet patched a jacked up roof jack, that one of my contractors needs to hear about ... On top of it our parking lot floods when the volume is too heavy, the river can't handle it and everything backs up ... Brutal day here.

10-14-2009, 12:30 AM #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Nice - glad to see your kids in wrestling - I went to HS in wyo, and we once were headed to nationals in ID, and there were like 10 of us in a giant suburban.. we were leaving jackson hole, after spending the night, and most everyone was crashed out, I woke up and saw this sign "welcome to Utah" - I waited for about 20 mins, then finally asked our coach, "are we supposed to be in Utah?" - he took a wrong turn.. we were all cutting weight, and it ended up it was faster to drive further south, then take another interstate to get up to Meridian. We almost missed the weigh-ins. Anyway, I missed wrestling as a workout, so I took up BJJ.
    This was our first year at REgionals and Nationals. The highlight of the trip was when my 12 yr old took 8th place in his division and earned "All American" honors at Nationals in Ogden. Yeah, I coach and roll around with the heavier boys when they need a dummy to toss around. Its definately is a workout!!!!

Mentor
    10-14-2009, 01:25 AM #137
    siri -

chart is busy, added the green trendlines - noted also that the 3 days under the 50 day, then breakdown also broke the quicker trendline. we now have 5 days between the 50% fib retracement of the last move, and the double support. We also have a channel in purple... let's hope folks playing that channel bring it up. Usually breakouts from steep channels, whether up or down, aren't as powerful as those that slope gently, statistically anyway.

Last edited by Dr. Dave; 10-14-2009 at 02:27 AM.

Mentor
    10-14-2009, 01:26 AM #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Guy View Post
    This was our first year at REgionals and Nationals. The highlight of the trip was when my 12 yr old took 8th place in his division and earned "All American" honors at Nationals in Ogden. Yeah, I coach and roll around with the heavier boys when they need a dummy to toss around. Its definately is a workout!!!!
    That's awesome. Post a pic when you get a chance!

Mentor
    10-14-2009, 02:23 AM #139
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Candle, you have any gold plays other than PMU? It's hit 1070 tonight... I think you have GSS correct? PMU doesn't look like it's "panning" out, but all those other tickers I had look good - I guess that's what you get for buying too cheap a stock... it's weaker for a reason.

Last edited by Dr. Dave; 10-14-2009 at 02:28 AM.

Mentor
    10-14-2009, 02:42 AM #140

Page 14 of 39 ... 4121314151624 ...