Page 4 of 39 ... 2345614 ...
    Mentor
    10-12-2009, 10:54 AM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post

Just emailed IR with BCLE to request visitation protocol.

I've grown tired of having my money *there* with nothing, nada, and zip.

While my preference is to schedule time for a visit, I'm not opposed to doing the "drop in", either.

Tib: You're in California -- Orange Country rings a bell but doesn't sound right. Where are you located? Anyone else in SoCal?

Dave: you up for a roadtrip -- we can hit the El Toro In and Out. While we're up there, we can hit the RV Land across the road and do some recon for the motor home stock that Greg and Chuck are looking talking about.

How's that old saying "if they're smilin', they're buyin'"???
    Hey Rams, NorCal - Bay Area ... The home of the Sharks, pretty much spiting distance from the Tank.

Guru
    10-12-2009, 11:17 AM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    I think it's on "Grey delay" ... I picked up on LVLV from the dirty dozen (17) out of the docu-drama The Hijacking and it is also a grey beard that sits in my watch list ...

Not sure what the deal is ... there kind of like sleep in late stocks ...
    "Sleep in late stocks", what a crack up. Maybe around noon somebody will turn the exchange on.

10-12-2009, 11:22 AM #33
    Ahhh! So, we *could* meet halfway in Dana Point, then ;-)

I gotta say, folks, I can hardly contain myself today...I knew I should've started out with my daily confession ;-)

So, here it goes...

Morning confession:

One of my hobbies is to get a stir from my wife.

It was some months back that I began planting hippy seeds with comments about how great I think that dreadlocks are...cool and beautiful, I said....or words to that effect.

Every couple of weeks, I'd make a note of a celebrity or friend that has dreads - mentioning only the amazing parts of the person, of course, and adding about how evolved our society has become.

Taking it a step further...

I began my "research" last night.

Bringing my laptop to the livingroom, I made sure to have the below website up and playing the howto video on how to make dreds.

The look on her face and the words that followed were classic! I'm still not certain how I kept a straight face...

She went to bed talking about it. And, she woke up talking about it -- just left the house and still talking about it...

Comments like "do you *really* think people are going to hire you with dreadlocks!?!

My favorite line is probably when she's like "You don't smoke pot! You bathe! You have a son to think about...I'm not going to be happy if he gets teased because you're having a mid-life crisis!"

OH yeah, the site: http://www.dreadheadhq.com/

anyway...

PS : last year, I did a similar tactic with my hair. Only, I went on for months about how much I had always wanted to have blue hair. I waited for the time that we had a fancy dinner scheduled. Told her that I was taking the day off to get my hair done (rather than saying I'm getting a hair cut). She was suspicious but didn't say anything.

Ignoring her calls for half the day wasn't easy.

Finally, after about four hours, I answered the call - she's like "I've been trying you all day! What are you doing!"

Me: Oh, I was at Steve's getting my hair done. I *finally* took the plunge. It was a pain, because he had to bleach the color out, but I now have the blue that I always wanted - It's PERFECT honey! I love it!

Silence.

MORE SILENCE.

"well, I'm glad you're happy - I gotta go, someone's beeping in"

an hour later, I get a text that read "I think we should postpone dinner - I don't feel well"

She couldn't even look at me -- I had bought a can of that temporary blue spray and colored it on my way home ;-)

classic.

**I washed it out. Funny how she felt good enough to go to dinner, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Hey Rams, NorCal - Bay Area ... The home of the Sharks, pretty much spiting distance from the Tank.

Guru
    10-12-2009, 11:25 AM #34

Just emailed IR with BCLE to request visitation protocol.

I've grown tired of having my money *there* with nothing, nada, and zip.

While my preference is to schedule time for a visit, I'm not opposed to doing the "drop in", either.

Tib: You're in California -- Orange Country rings a bell but doesn't sound right. Where are you located? Anyone else in SoCal?

Dave: you up for a roadtrip -- we can hit the El Toro In and Out. While we're up there, we can hit the RV Land across the road and do some recon for the motor home stock that Greg and Chuck are looking talking about.

How's that old saying "if they're smilin', they're buyin'"???
    Hey Rams, good for you and us. I am with you on the nothing, nada and zip. I have a lot of money in that company. I am not pleased.

El Toro....I used to live in El Toro when I was a kid and that is where I got out of the Marine Corps when I came back from Nam. I guess it isn't there anymore...am I correct?

10-12-2009, 11:27 AM #35
    Ramsey--

CHB builds *mobile* and *modular* homes, not *motor* homes. Big difference.

I'm just sayin'...

Guru
    10-12-2009, 11:28 AM #36
    Ahhh! So, we *could* meet halfway in Dana Point, then ;-)

I gotta say, folks, I can hardly contain myself today...I knew I should've started out with my daily confession ;-)

So, here it goes...

Morning confession:

One of my hobbies is to get a stir from my wife.

It was some months back that I began planting hippy seeds with comments about how great I think that dreadlocks are...cool and beautiful, I said....or words to that effect.

Every couple of weeks, I'd make a note of a celebrity or friend that has dreads - mentioning only the amazing parts of the person, of course, and adding about how evolved our society has become.

Taking it a step further...

I began my "research" last night.

Bringing my laptop to the livingroom, I made sure to have the below website up and playing the howto video on how to make dreds.

The look on her face and the words that followed were classic! I'm still not certain how I kept a straight face...

She went to bed talking about it. And, she woke up talking about it -- just left the house and still talking about it...

Comments like "do you *really* think people are going to hire you with dreadlocks!?!

My favorite line is probably when she's like "You don't smoke pot! You bathe! You have a son to think about...I'm not going to be happy if he gets teased because you're having a mid-life crisis!"

OH yeah, the site: http://www.dreadheadhq.com/

anyway...

PS : last year, I did a similar tactic with my hair. Only, I went on for months about how much I had always wanted to have blue hair. I waited for the time that we had a fancy dinner scheduled. Told her that I was taking the day off to get my hair done (rather than saying I'm getting a hair cut). She was suspicious but didn't say anything.

Ignoring her calls for half the day wasn't easy.

Finally, after about four hours, I answered the call - she's like "I've been trying you all day! What are you doing!"

Me: Oh, I was at Steve's getting my hair done. I *finally* took the plunge. It was a pain, because he had to bleach the color out, but I now have the blue that I always wanted - It's PERFECT honey! I love it!

Silence.

MORE SILENCE.

"well, I'm glad you're happy - I gotta go, someone's beeping in"

an hour later, I get a text that read "I think we should postpone dinner - I don't feel well"

She couldn't even look at me -- I had bought a can of that temporary blue spray and colored it on my way home ;-)

classic.

**I washed it out. Funny how she felt good enough to go to dinner, after all.
    That is too funny!

10-12-2009, 11:30 AM #37
    Yeah -- I got the "me too" disease on it, for sure. I rolled a lot of spng cash into bcle -- the vet thing effected my judgement.

Anyway, I have enough in it that I'll take the day and go *there*. I just really *need* to see that they're real.

If I understand correctly, they only have San Diego & Paris Island now.

Don't know if you were here (sd) but the old NTC - Naval Training Center, where a lot of Marines went through, too, changed hands a half dozen years ago.

It's now a higher end residential community, complete with The Rock (mega church geared towards youth) and chain stores.

It's really weird to *just drive on* without being scrutinized.

Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Hey Rams, good for you and us. I am with you on the nothing, nada and zip. I have a lot of money in that company. I am not pleased.

El Toro....I used to live in El Toro when I was a kid and that is where I got out of the Marine Corps when I came back from Nam. I guess it isn't there anymore...am I correct?

10-12-2009, 11:33 AM #38
    aaah...that's right.

If you don't mind, though, I'm going to continue to believe that there are *other* reasons that I *have* to go.

After all, it's not exactly like I can tell my wife that I'll be gone an extra few hours doing research on campers that will fit my truck

Oh, and don't remind Dave, either, please. I'm hoping to rope him in to doing the trip...

Quote Originally Posted by GoHerdGreg View Post
    Ramsey--

CHB builds *mobile* and *modular* homes, not *motor* homes. Big difference.

I'm just sayin'...

Guru
    10-12-2009, 11:53 AM #39
    Yeah -- I got the "me too" disease on it, for sure. I rolled a lot of spng cash into bcle -- the vet thing effected my judgement.

Anyway, I have enough in it that I'll take the day and go *there*. I just really *need* to see that they're real.

If I understand correctly, they only have San Diego & Paris Island now.

Don't know if you were here (sd) but the old NTC - Naval Training Center, where a lot of Marines went through, too, changed hands a half dozen years ago.

It's now a higher end residential community, complete with The Rock (mega church geared towards youth) and chain stores.

It's really weird to *just drive on* without being scrutinized.
    I went through boot camp in MCRD (Marine Corps Recruit Depot) San Diego. Then after all of my training I went to Parris Island, South Carolina as my first real duty station. (I graduated from high school really young). I was 17 at the time and I worked in Recruit Receiving Barracks (where the maggots first come in and the put their feet on the yellow foot prints, get their hair cut, get finger printed, photographed, blood typed, dog tags and yelled at for the very first time. They stay there until they are put in a platoon and are picked up by their Drill Instructors. I was their until I turned 18, then they shipped me off to Nam. Parris Island and South Carolina is mostly swamp.

10-12-2009, 12:18 PM #40

ASFX up 16%

Right now....spoke talk is the bill was passed in Cali and not vetoed....lets see if the stock holds.....

Update: now up 28%....climbing quick...make that 36%...dang it I got to go drop off my kids at school..back in 10 minutes...
    Last edited by Alaska Guy; 10-12-2009 at 12:55 PM.

Page 4 of 39 ... 2345614 ...