Page 1 of 39 12311 ...
    Guru
    10-12-2009, 12:16 AM #1

Market Watch for the week 10/12/2009

Check last week's thread to catch up. I am sorry that we had to end the thread for last week. It was a much bigger week and a lot of fun and frustration...not to mention drama. Actually, there is tons of great information there to continue with and unanswered posts.

Anyway, here is the new thread for the week.

Anybody that is reading or lurking in this thread is welcome to post. We are a very peaceful investment team here and we all help each other in any way that we can.

If this is your first time here...then welcome!

From the crew that resides within these walls...have fun and help each other learn and hopefully succeed!

Disclaimer for this thread: Always do your own due diligence (research). None of we people in here are investment advisers or brokers, or anything that resembles a professional when it comes to dealing with stocks. If you have any questions about any stock or anything said in here, check it out with your broker. We are just a bunch of people trying to make some money, just like anyone else. What you do is your sole responsibility and not mine or that of anyone else that posts in here. This is simply a discussion group and nothing more. Stocks are very risky and you could lose all of your money. Seek professional advice before doing anything whatsoever. We are amateurs in here and are wrong most of the time. Do not take any chances with our advice to each other or our self-seeking and self-fulfilling comments.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Ramsey says: "It's my belief that the fundamental core of this forum is of good will, intention, and folks that are secure in their person. This lends a welcoming that is quite wonderful".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guru
    10-12-2009, 12:32 AM #2
    It's a new week! Lets post our predictions and new stock picks. I don't have any yet, but I am willing to listen. Talk about mindless stuff..I am watching undoubtedly one of the worst movies in existence, "Bio-Dome" (and using the next word quite loosely) "starring" Pauly Shore and Stephen Baldwin. It has a one star rating. I guess they can't do quarter stars with their software.

Guru
    10-12-2009, 12:35 AM #3

Stang

What do you thing will happen with LFBG? I am curious since the date of record is over..did you get in on it or, did you just follow it? I wonder if the software has the appeal needed to be successful..I really don't know. I just thought I would ask your opinion. I have valued your opinions over time. You don't have to be right. I am just looking for something subjective.

Mentor
    10-12-2009, 01:33 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    It's a new week! Lets post our predictions and new stock picks. I don't have any yet, but I am willing to listen. Talk about mindless stuff..I am watching undoubtedly one of the worst movies in existence, "Bio-Dome" (and using the next word quite loosely) "starring" Pauly Shore and Stephen Baldwin. It has a one star rating. I guess they can't do quarter stars with their software.
    I love that movie - haven't seen it in a long time... the platypus part makes me cry. Now that you know that, never trust any tickers I bring up.

Mentor
    10-12-2009, 04:07 AM #5
    Speaking of which - I have just been pulling up tickers where I can find them... most stocks broken out, but could consolidate.. usual disclaimer - I haven't "DD'd" any of them. No clue what they do, other than what I can infer from the company name.

ANTS
    another EVFL called IMJX
    IOVE

Actually Bill - you can pick em... SNWT hardly pulled back, and just kept going... up 40% or so from where you were talking about it.

Mentor
    10-12-2009, 07:53 AM #6
    heading home from work... lol, I'll get there right before market open... what a freakin' nite... this 7 day a week, all night long stuff sucks asfx

Addict
    10-12-2009, 07:59 AM #7
    Left Behind Games Arrive In 100 Walmart Houston and Dallas Area Stores
    LFBG05:33 EDTPR Newswire
    MURRIETA, CA, Oct. 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - Left Behind Games Inc. (OTC: LFBG), dba Inspired Media Entertainment, a leading publisher of Christian video games, are now available in select Walmart stores in the Dallas and Houston markets. Games are priced at $29.96 & $19.96 and are located among PC games in Walmart Entertainment departments.

Christian products have gained popular acceptance in the music and book sections of retailers over recent years. The newest Left Behind and Charlie Church Mouse PC video games are among three titles being piloted in approximately 100 Texas Walmart stores for determining customer interest.

For many years, Walmart has sold gospel music and both fictional and non-fictional Christian books, including the well-known Left Behind book series which has sold more than 65 million copies. Yet, there are few, if any, moral or Bible-based video game choices for youth and adults alike.

The demographics in Texas make it an ideal testing ground for Left Behind PC Games where there are over 23,000 churches(1). Texas ranks first in the nation in the number of Evangelical Protestants (over 5 million), second in number of Mainline Protestants (over 1.7 million) and third in number of Catholics(2).

Troy Lyndon, CEO of Inspired Media says, "The US market for Christian video games could reach $648 Million within the next five years based upon just 3% of video game sales being in the Christian segment." This projection is based upon the prediction by PricewaterhouseCoopers that the sale of video game software will reach $21.6 Billion by 2013 in the US alone.

In an effort to promote the new arrival of the games at Walmart, Inspired Media has sent out letters of appeal to thousands of Texas-based church pastors and will continue to do so over a 10 week campaign through Christmas, which begins today, October 12th. There are almost 25 million residents in Texas(3), and Christians represent the greater portion of the 49%(2) who claim that they attend church or synagogue once a week(4).

Inspired Media Entertainment currently publishes six games including Tribulation Forces, the sequel to the original game LEFT BEHIND: Eternal Forces, known as the most widely distributed Christian PC game in history. The Company's LEFT BEHIND branded games is based upon the popular novel series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins which have sold millions of books in 30 languages worldwide. Inspired Media also offers three games under the Charlie Church Mouse brand, for ages 2-8 and Keys of the Kingdom for all ages.

Consumers interested in finding the nearest Walmart carrying the games can go to www.inspiredmedia.com/walmart.

(1) As listed in online yellowpages.com.
    (2) From a 2006 Gallup survey reported in
    wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_United_States
    (3) According to Texas Dept. of state health services, it (the 2009
    population) is 24,873,773. See
    wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_population_of_Texas_in_2009Wikipedia.c om
    (4) As found online at www.texasalmanac.com/religion/
    About Left Behind Games Inc.

Left Behind Games Inc., also known as Inspired Media Entertainment (www.inspiredmedia.com), has become one of the world's leading independent developers and publishers of quality interactive entertainment products that perpetuate positive values and appeal to mainstream and faith-based audiences. For samples for your church or school, you can go to www.inspiredmedia.com.

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements

The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws and may be identified by words such as "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "potential," "predicts," "projects," "seeks," "will," or words of similar meaning and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company's future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them, which are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of risks and uncertainties including: our dependence on key management and product development personnel, and our ability to develop other profitable titles for current generation platforms, the timely release and significant market acceptance of our games, the ability to maintain acceptable pricing levels on our games, our reliance on a primary distribution service provider for a significant portion of our products, and our ability to raise capital if needed. Other important factors and information are contained in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2009, in the section entitled "Risk Factors," and the Company's other periodic filings with the SEC, which can be accessed via a link from www.inspiredmedia.com on our Investor Relations page. All forward-looking statements are qualified by these cautionary statements and apply only as of the date they are made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.

CONTACT: Public and Investor Relations Contact: MaryLouise Baldridge, (407) 754-4166 direct, marylouise@inspiredmedia.com

SOURCE Left Behind Games Inc.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    10-12-2009, 08:28 AM #8
    The price of gold is up to 1055. It could be another good day for the gold stocks. Keep an eye on GSS and PMU.

Mentor
    10-12-2009, 09:08 AM #9
    LFBG -

Morning all. I'll use that word ... "Hope" this is a better week for everyone, especially us hangers on to certain four letter ... abbreviations.

Bill, was talking with my step-son this weekend about these games, being far better versed and immersed in the whole business of video games. Unfortunately he just got let go last week from an out fit called Game Crazy as they closed his and few other stores.

His summary? - Soccer moms. They would appeal to them, I think that's code word laced for in the know video-ettes (If that's a term). "No Johnny, you are not getting World of Warcraft, but ..."

The ratings fall about midway for game play and strategy, just kind of the middle. Not for the hardcore enthusiast obviously.

The other thing to keep in mind is that these are strictly for PC, not consoles.

Have a whole backlog of personal thought, from the theology of it all to the company itself. Really a mixed bag for me. I guess my take falls somewhere along the unknown. This could do fairly well or just fall flat. There is a market out there for Christian product for Christians and ... guess I have to let some of this out ... where I often dwelled 'we' had a lot of disdain for thing's that are sacred being recreated in to all sorts of modern gimmickry ... Bible-zenes and Christian death metal if you can believe that ... I digress.

The books did pretty well, so there is that angle. You still have the Bible-belt, the aforementioned soccer moms ...

It's slightly ironic in that here you have a straight up, honest, ethical company, something I would easily get behind even if I think their theology is skewered. Was tempted to jump in with the additional shares thing but was also a bit spooked by their financials originally.

You never know ... I could see this doing really well or just spiking up short term and falling back to about the range it has been running in.

With my track record ... Please chip away at that boulder sized grain of salt here. I am just musing out loud. It should do quite well as long as I stay out of it

Mentor
    10-12-2009, 09:13 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    The price of gold is up to 1055. It could be another good day for the gold stocks. Keep an eye on GSS and PMU.
    I should go to sleep... was about to hit the hay, then read your post... thanks dude... I'm gonna be up all morning. Actually though, if asfx gets a bounce, I'm cutting out a little more.

Page 1 of 39 12311 ...