Page 1 of 3 123
    10-07-2009, 08:03 AM #1

Siriously sirious Sirius posts only! 10/7/09

I have started this thread in an effort to draw posts that discuss the actual company, pertinent events and stock of Sirius Xm. I have found that the usual weekly thread posts are more social networking with mundane chatter that is more personal in nature rather than discussing facts and figures surrounding Sirius. So please, if you decide to post here on this thread, do not be sidetracked by the weather or how many marguritas you just drank on your beach vacation.

10-07-2009, 08:05 AM #2
    So what are we to read into the Sirius execs. Unloading 10 million shares of Sirius stock? Without a doubt, the Sp will dip even more today after this report.

10-07-2009, 08:30 AM #3

Don't have time to post to a bunch of stiffs!

Well, well, well...I am like Ray Ramano...alone in rightsville! I really don't have time to post good solid information to a bunch of buy and hold/rot clowns. Keep telling yourselves this stock is heading to the moon. Bottom line, Mel spiked the punch and has no intentions of bringing this stock to a dollar. Reason, after the reverse split, the stock will take a 20% or greater hit and then the exit will get real small, the stampede will happen and Mel will have affectively taken all your money(hopes and dreams). I personally blame the government for holding up the merger for 17 months! Exxon and Mobile merged in about twenty minutes, but two struggling SARS companies need to be reviewed for almost 2 years....fin BS. We were had. This past year was a gift .06-.77. Hopefully you shaved shares near the top. The worst part about the past few days is SIRI has been down on low volume while the pom-pom party on Wall Street continues. I must say I am even more bearish after hearing some professionals on CNBC say they believe the Dow might go to 4500 in two years. They said next year we will retrench to the 6500 range then down to 4500. I must say Wall Street has changed forever, good luck going forward, buy FAZ, FXP on dips these stocks are poised to run when the melt down starts.

Big Ben

10-07-2009, 08:48 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Well, well, well...I am like Ray Ramano...alone in rightsville! I really don't have time to post good solid information to a bunch of buy and hold/rot clowns. Keep telling yourselves this stock is heading to the moon. Bottom line, Mel spiked the punch and has no intentions of bringing this stock to a dollar. Reason, after the reverse split, the stock will take a 20% or greater hit and then the exit will get real small, the stampede will happen and Mel will have affectively taken all your money(hopes and dreams). I personally blame the government for holding up the merger for 17 months! Exxon and Mobile merged in about twenty minutes, but two struggling SARS companies need to be reviewed for almost 2 years....fin BS. We were had. This past year was a gift .06-.77. Hopefully you shaved shares near the top. The worst part about the past few days is SIRI has been down on low volume while the pom-pom party on Wall Street continues. I must say I am even more bearish after hearing some professionals on CNBC say they believe the Dow might go to 4500 in two years. They said next year we will retrench to the 6500 range then down to 4500. I must say Wall Street has changed forever, good luck going forward, buy FAZ, FXP on dips these stocks are poised to run when the melt down starts.

Big Ben
    Is this 2nd crash supported by facts or speculation? Please post supporting hard info. I am curious to know.

10-07-2009, 09:20 AM #5
    Well, SIRI is down 6% so far and falling fast in PM.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    10-07-2009, 09:25 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by RunCatalina View Post
    Well, SIRI is down 6% so far and falling fast in PM.
    If we look at the charts from the last 2 quarters. I think we see a dip before we see a run up to the quarterly report. I think that report is due in November. Could we be seeing that same situation now? And if so, I think that points to a buying opportunity before the run up.

Does anyone have the aproximate date of the the next report?

10-07-2009, 09:26 AM #7
    Jeez! Sirius is taking a huge hit in pre market. Curious to see how much the sp will dip before it is realized that The exec. Share sell off report is once again designed to lower the Sp.

'The last time an insider at the company made a purchase larger than a few hundred dollars was in August 2008, when Sirius XM Chief Executive Mel Karmazin bought two million shares shortly after the merger of Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. and XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. ...'

Isn't it illegal to trade based on insider information? What this article implys is that these Sirius insiders are unloading shares due to some insider known fact. In reality, they are probably just wanting to reap the benefits of the sp increase of the past several months. I didn't see it reported anywhere that Sirius executive were unloading all their shares. You can ne sure there are far more shares being retained than sold. Anything other than this is blatantly illegal and would be latched onto by the SEC in less than a heartbeat. It does not take much more than an idiot to see right through the WSJ's, yet again, manipulitave reporting.

10-07-2009, 09:39 AM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    If we look at the charts from the last 2 quarters. I think we see a dip before we see a run up to the quarterly report. I think that report is due in November. Could we be seeing that same situation now? And if so, I think that points to a buying opportunity before the run up.

Does anyone have the aproximate date of the the next report?
    Yes there has always been a take down before the earning reports. The 3q earnings are sometime next month. I do not think the exact date has been established yet. I would assume it would be toward the end of the month considering they seem to always push it as late as possible.

Enthusiast
    10-07-2009, 09:45 AM #9
    I have it as November 9th, a Monday. Has it changed?

10-07-2009, 09:50 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmertz View Post
    I have it as November 9th, a Monday. Has it changed?
    Where did you find that date? If it is November 9th, then this recent dip would be right on target don't you think?

Page 1 of 3 123