Page 54 of 57 ... 4445253545556 ...
    Guru
    10-10-2009, 12:11 AM #531

My house guests

In an earlier post I told you that my niece was coming and her husband. I told you about her and her fame, but I didn't tell you about her husband. Well, he is a Microsoft developer, from Redmond, Washington.

Anyway, I was tripping through some websites and he told me that my browser was irritating, because it had advertising coming in.

Well, he showed me how to eliminate advertising that pops up like on the top and sides of forums and web pages by modifying a file. I no longer have to look at that crap from other external websites...pretty groovy. Everything is fast now..I don't have to wait for getadegree.com or whowasyourgirlfriendinhighschool.com anymore. This works on all websites, because you have full control (a rare commodity these days).

If you are one of the family here, I would be more than happy to send you a file on how to perform this operation. It takes at least an ability to follow instructions to do it. When I have things written out, I will send you instructions. It will save you disk space. Also, your recycle bin is too big and I will find out how to do that. He has completely removed his recycle bin. When he deletes something...it is deleted and gone. If that rings your chimes, let me know and I will call him and get the solution for that.

He told me about Windows 7 -vs- Vista -vs- xp. I better not get into that here.

If interested in the advertising file thing, please email me, or PM your email addy to me.

Have a great night!

Bill
    Last edited by billhart22; 10-10-2009 at 12:27 AM.

Mentor
    10-10-2009, 12:35 AM #532
    I'd like to send that info to my dad... he's on that dialup, lol.

You bring up another good point... always tailor your computer buying decisions to the applications you need to run. Look at the applications first, what their (optimal) requirements are, then buy the computer.

I know a guy that gets his wife the ultra expensive PC's... then switched to macs cause they looked prettier, but installed vista only, as she barely knows how to use the email, and her only other use is surfing the web, and she was used to explorer. That's money down the tubes.

Guru
    10-10-2009, 12:49 AM #533
    Quote Originally Posted by notwal View Post
    The Rosen Law Firm Files Securities Class Action Charging SpongeTech Delivery Systems, Inc. With Securities Fraud -- SPNGE.OB, SPNG.OB

By: Marketwire .
    Oct. 9, 2009 08:00 PM

NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 10/09/09 -- The Rosen Law Firm today announced it has filed a class action lawsuit on behalf of all purchasers of SpongeTech Delivery Systems, Inc. ("SpongeTech" or the "Company") (OTCBB: SPNGE) (OTCBB: SPNG) stock between April 15, 2008 and October 5, 2009, inclusive (the "Class Period").

To join the SpongeTech class action, go to the website at http://www.rosenlegal.com or call Laurence Rosen, Esq. or Phillip Kim, Esq. toll-free at 866-767-3653 or email lrosen@rosenlegal.com or pkim@rosenlegal.com for information on the class action.

The case is pending in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York as case no. 09-CV-8616 (JGK). You can obtain a copy of the complaint from the clerk of court or you may contact counsel for plaintiffs Laurence Rosen, Esq. or Phillip Kim, Esq. toll-free at 866-767-3653 or email lrosen@rosenlegal.com or pkim@rosenlegal.com.

NO CLASS HAS YET BEEN CERTIFIED IN THE ABOVE ACTION. UNTIL A CLASS IS CERTIFIED, YOU ARE NOT REPRESENTED BY COUNSEL UNLESS YOU RETAIN ONE. YOU MAY ALSO REMAIN AN ABSENT CLASS MEMBER. YOU MAY RETAIN COUNSEL OF YOUR CHOICE.

The complaint charges that SpongeTech, its CEO Michael Metter, CFO Steven Moskowitz and director Frank Lazauskas violated federal securities laws by issuing false and misleading financial information to investors and engaging in a stock manipulation scheme.

The complaint alleges that SpongeTech misrepresented its sales revenues, failed to disclose alleged short selling of the Company's stock by certain, and improperly forged opinion letters of counsel in order to permit the sale of the Company's stock. The complaint further alleges that as the truth of the scheme was disclosed publicly the price of SpongeTech stock fell dramatically -- damaging investors.

As a result of this alleged misconduct, the Company is the subject of a formal SEC investigation and the SEC has temporarily suspended trading in the Company's stock.

A class action lawsuit has already been filed on behalf of SpongeTech shareholders. If you wish to serve as lead plaintiff, you must move the Court no later than December 8, 2009. If you wish to join the litigation or to discuss your rights or interests regarding this class action, please contact plaintiff's counsel, Laurence Rosen, Esq. or Phillip Kim, Esq. of The Rosen Law Firm toll free at 866-767-3653 or via e-mail at lrosen@rosenlegal.com or pkim@rosenlegal.com.

The Rosen Law Firm focuses on prosecuting securities class action litigation and actions involving financial fraud. The Rosen Law Firm represents investors throughout the globe concentrating its practice in securities class actions.

Laurence Rosen, Esq.
    Phillip Kim, Esq.
    The Rosen Law Firm P.A.
    Tel: (212) 686-1060
    Weekends Tel: (917) 797-4425
    Toll Free: 1-866--767-3653
    Fax: (212) 202-3827
    350 5th Avenue, Suite 5508
    New York, New York 10118
    Email Contact
    Email Contact
    www.rosenlegal.com
    Mark my words...Rosen is not the last word on this lawsuit. Go back and look at LVLT's Class Action Lawsuits. There were a bunch of them there hawking business. In my opinion, and it is just my sole opinion, these guys are like trial lawyers in the medical field that are looking for people that have Mesothelioma or other medical conditions due to somebody's fault.

Just because one says something doesn't mean it is better than another firm saying the same thing. They are out for profit on your damaged goods.

What do you do about all of this? In my experience it has been that you need to hop on board before such and such a date or get left in your own dust and have to pay directly for your own attorney. Sometimes it seems like coercion to me, but what do I know? I am just an investor...not an attorney by any stretch of the means, lol. It just seems so convenient to me that the lawyer is there and taking care of you. In a class action, you just have to sign up, if asked, and you get what appears to be an concerned "Free" Law firm for your providence. Believe me, they take a big percentage. After that they divvy up the remainder after their cut the rest (after administrative fees and requirements). Whatever is left is divvied up amongst stock holders. A dishonest trial lawyer firm can be a vulture to the nth degree. The problem is that an individual investor will just let a situation go, but if he or she can jump on the apparent "free" bandwagon, then why not? Maybe when all is said and done we will receive enough to buy some ballpoint pens. Oh ya, there is that company debt thing...bummer..it subtracts from you share also. The sharks make more because they have to litigate that also, from what I understand. One thing I can guarantee is that the lawyers of class action law suits get paid before common stock holders...so take it from there... The above is just an opinion and feel free to correct anything I have said...I am not a professional or even at a novice's competency level with law...not by any means. I am just a person trying to get ahead and not get jerked around. I am just an honest guy that expects others to be honest also. It is too bad that fair trade doesn't work in most cases. We are rare here in Market Watch, we have a great team.
    Last edited by billhart22; 10-10-2009 at 01:15 AM.

Mentor
    10-10-2009, 01:37 AM #534
    Sounds complicated.

So, what are you gonna do with your niece and her husband? Ozzy playing somewhere?

10-10-2009, 02:46 AM #535
    People and companies make mistakes. Not everything should be a litigious action. At this point, I don't feel like I've been maliciously misled.

Seems to me that these folks are just out for the quick buck.

It's sad that shit like this happens -- which has a bigger effect, likely, that did their initial mistake.

Ripples in the pond, I suppose.

This just makes me want to see the 10k even more -- and to have it blow estimates away.

I'm biased, of course.

[QUOTE=billhart22;54297]

They are out for profit on your damaged goods.

What do you do about all of this?

Mentor
    10-10-2009, 06:14 AM #536
    A s f x

last time it took off, there was a bad pr before new news came out, maybe it'll repeat, and we'll get a little back. just a little ta on news.
    Last edited by Dr. Dave; 10-10-2009 at 06:17 AM.

10-10-2009, 07:21 AM #537
    Good Morning

I wanted to come over and say have a good weekend
    to my friends here at Market Watch, before I
    get ready for work. (gotta love those bankers
    hours)

Nothing worthwhile to contribute other than my
    Michigan weather report. As you move closer to
    the edge of your seat I will begin.

Yesterdays weather sucked, big time. If there were a contest
    for It Can't Get Any Uglier Days, it would have been right
    up there among the top contenders. Dreary, gloomy, dismal, bone chilling
    are some of the more respectable words to discribe it. The others
    probably shouldn't be printed here. Alternating between downpours
    and drizzle it went from bad to worse by the end of the day. Then to
    add insult to injury I walked out last night from work, into the rainy
    darkness, at 7pm!
    Oh well, new day and all that.
    Today the weather is predicted to be near 60 and sunny. Great day
    for putting all the summer furniture and equitment away. The furniture
    I got to use for all of 2 months. Is it really worth dragging this stuff
    out, I ask myself this time of year.
    Those of you who haven't visited this great state are probably thinking
    right now, Man, I've got to put that on my places to visit! It is
    not as bad as I am portraying here. Of course that all depends on
    your tolerance for pain.
    I really need to get some coffee in me. I'm sounding as dismal as
    the weather.
    Off the work I go, smile pasted on my face.

Enjoy your weekend,

Julie

10-10-2009, 08:44 AM #538
    Dave--

I buy my cars very selectively; i.e.-- I search for the exact car I want and take a lot of time finding the right one. Cars are not appliances to me, they are things that I enjoy very much every day.

Having said that...I have a friend who is GM of a Mercedes-Jaguar-Volvo dealership. With the BMW I now drive, he knew I wanted one. Over the course of a year, he kept his eyes open. When it arrived on his lot, I got to bring it home for a week and see if it was everything I knew it would be.

But that's not the point here. The point is that -with most cars- you can find them for sale when they are 1-3 years old all over the place. My BMW's window sticker was for $47,000 when it was brand new. I bought it just off a 3 year lease with only 29,000 miles on the odometer for $25,000. Almost 50% savings. Still under warranty, too.

The manufacturers have CPO (certified pre-owned) programs that are really worth looking at.

Mentor
    10-10-2009, 10:54 AM #539
    Quote Originally Posted by notwal View Post
    The Rosen Law Firm Files Securities Class Action Charging SpongeTech Delivery Systems, Inc. With Securities Fraud -- SPNGE.OB, SPNG.OB

By: Marketwire .
    Oct. 9, 2009 08:00 PM

NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 10/09/09 -- The Rosen Law Firm today announced it has filed a class action lawsuit on behalf of all purchasers of SpongeTech Delivery Systems, Inc. ("SpongeTech" or the "Company") (OTCBB: SPNGE) (OTCBB: SPNG) stock between April 15, 2008 and October 5, 2009, inclusive (the "Class Period").

To join the SpongeTech class action, go to the website at http://www.rosenlegal.com or call Laurence Rosen, Esq. or Phillip Kim, Esq. toll-free at 866-767-3653 or email lrosen@rosenlegal.com or pkim@rosenlegal.com for information on the class action.

The case is pending in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York as case no. 09-CV-8616 (JGK). You can obtain a copy of the complaint from the clerk of court or you may contact counsel for plaintiffs Laurence Rosen, Esq. or Phillip Kim, Esq. toll-free at 866-767-3653 or email lrosen@rosenlegal.com or pkim@rosenlegal.com.

NO CLASS HAS YET BEEN CERTIFIED IN THE ABOVE ACTION. UNTIL A CLASS IS CERTIFIED, YOU ARE NOT REPRESENTED BY COUNSEL UNLESS YOU RETAIN ONE. YOU MAY ALSO REMAIN AN ABSENT CLASS MEMBER. YOU MAY RETAIN COUNSEL OF YOUR CHOICE.

The complaint charges that SpongeTech, its CEO Michael Metter, CFO Steven Moskowitz and director Frank Lazauskas violated federal securities laws by issuing false and misleading financial information to investors and engaging in a stock manipulation scheme.

The complaint alleges that SpongeTech misrepresented its sales revenues, failed to disclose alleged short selling of the Company's stock by certain, and improperly forged opinion letters of counsel in order to permit the sale of the Company's stock. The complaint further alleges that as the truth of the scheme was disclosed publicly the price of SpongeTech stock fell dramatically -- damaging investors.

As a result of this alleged misconduct, the Company is the subject of a formal SEC investigation and the SEC has temporarily suspended trading in the Company's stock.

A class action lawsuit has already been filed on behalf of SpongeTech shareholders. If you wish to serve as lead plaintiff, you must move the Court no later than December 8, 2009. If you wish to join the litigation or to discuss your rights or interests regarding this class action, please contact plaintiff's counsel, Laurence Rosen, Esq. or Phillip Kim, Esq. of The Rosen Law Firm toll free at 866-767-3653 or via e-mail at lrosen@rosenlegal.com or pkim@rosenlegal.com.

The Rosen Law Firm focuses on prosecuting securities class action litigation and actions involving financial fraud. The Rosen Law Firm represents investors throughout the globe concentrating its practice in securities class actions.

Laurence Rosen, Esq.
    Phillip Kim, Esq.
    The Rosen Law Firm P.A.
    Tel: (212) 686-1060
    Weekends Tel: (917) 797-4425
    Toll Free: 1-866--767-3653
    Fax: (212) 202-3827
    350 5th Avenue, Suite 5508
    New York, New York 10118
    Email Contact
    Email Contact
    www.rosenlegal.com
    Notwal, think Bill pretty much nails this. My two bit's ... This is not uncommon. The company I work for (neither small nor Microsoft large) has seen these exact same so called 'Class action' lawsuits for a variety of reasons. Early on they would freak me out. We actually had\have an ongoing patent lawsuit that is real but it brought out these ambulance chasers nevertheless. When the announcement came that we would be merging\acquired, there wasn't just one of these but several! Always out to protect\protest and make right for the shareholders ... All of it amounted to sheer rubbish. Not a one of these ever took hold and just silently whimpered away into oblivion.

There ought to be some curbs on these cockroaches or at least a better spray ...

They spook investors and help drive down the stock prices, watched it with my own eye's. Check back on these guy's in Dec. they will be nowhere to be found I can almost guarantee it ... However! Being that this is in the penny realm and with all the recent drama, the SEC shutdown, the late filing I couldn't ever be 100% certain, just personal experience ...

Taking opportunity of this bit of a rant, something that's been on my mind in general ... It's difficult to stay rational sometimes with these pennies. I remain highly suspicious just due to the unfortunate nature that both allows and furthers all sorts of shady characters and business's on these exchanges. I am want to say I could but wish for a new, third exchange, call it the "All American Trust Counter" or something to that effect. Self governed and moreover strictly controlled - No one makes it on to the exchange that cannot prove tangible evidence and none stays that violates any core ethic of honest, moral, conservative ... 'old fashioned' values. One strike and your out. The foundation would be based on the same principle that not too long ago was a handshake and a mans word was all that was needed to seal a deal. Honor and integrity, character ... Yeah, I'm dreaming ...

This is still America and despite knowing better to get emotionally involved with these pennies or any stock for that matter, the whole "don't fall in love with them", well stated advice - I want to see the real business's succeed just as much as to make a profit, whether by trading or by longer term investment. At the same time, the artery clogging misfit's, the scam artists, the intentionally misleading pump and dump outfit's ought not only fail but be prosecuted as a deterrent. What it seems is our Gov. has a half-ass-ed approach, a sort of window dressing appeasement that makes it look like they are about doing something when the end results are nothing short of a slap on the wrist or a turning away as an end product.

Would hate to give the wrong impression here as it pertains to the stocks we are playing\investing\trading here. Fortunately, collectively there is enough intelligence, critical thinking and even constructive criticism here to keep us all grounded and aware. I am constantly re-evaluating these things, these companies and am sure I am feeding off recent comments, from Dr. Dave, Bill, Rams, Romo ... everybody. Just scrutinizing the crap out of these things, it's beyond "DD", more like being a private eye, everything just screams for legitimacy, is it legit, is the company legit are they really, truly trying to build a business or _______?

Trouble with a rant like this is it might get some rah rah's but is just an outlet of thought that is a bunch of hot air in the end. I wish I could put a model into place that would earn respectability, the only real way, not by touting and advertising it but by others having no other recourse than to take notice of it.

Trying to pick gems out of slime-balls, I guess that is what we are doing, ultimately.

Coming back to my senses ... SpongeTech ... The jury is still out. I hate the conspiracy laden, journalistic hypothetical ... wanting to see failure hordes ... I guess this is really a bigger part of my beef underneath it all. There seems to be this shift in mindset and I will say it, politically, that somehow wants to see America fail - I have seen it even on a religious front from where I have often dwelled, it is the "Anti-American" culture eating way at it's own young, from the inside ... it just baffles me and troubles me. Thank God that there has been some undercurrent brewing of dissatisfaction, the town hall meetings and even some largely overlooked protests (Our wonderful 'bi-partisan' media) that to my mind are finally less a political party statement and more of a yes, "Patriotic", American attribute. I would suppose that there is just as many so called conservative 'Republican's' that were displeased by the last administration as the current. It's gotten to be where the lines are blurred or better, just the same old cronyism and keeping status-quo.

I feel like I am just getting started ...

Guru
    10-10-2009, 03:12 PM #540
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Sounds complicated.

So, what are you gonna do with your niece and her husband? Ozzy playing somewhere?
    Nah, we just stayed home and ate a bunch of food that I cooked up. Chicken and rice soup, Cuban black beans and rice, cornbread , a couple of Coronas and bedtime. Then Friday morning I whipped up a bunch of food...home made wheat cinnamon rolls, steel cut oatmeal with raisins and cinnamon, yogurt, bananas, peaches, etc... We had a really good time!

Page 54 of 57 ... 4445253545556 ...