Page 45 of 57 ... 35434445464755 ...
    Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    10-09-2009, 09:17 AM #441
    Ramsey, I might have asked you this before, but I have wax for brains and I'm forgetful....So, where in Ohio are you from?

Having grown up there, I have a lot of connections that still can't believe that I made a small fortune by growing my hair to my waist and selling candles at Greatful Dead shows. Then raise five kids and end up living on the beach. It just seems like people in Ohio don't have an understanding of taking a different direction and going with it. I always felt like you were supposed to follow your Dad into the factory or coal mine and be happy! That wasn't the ticket for me.

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    Good morning Fellas, and Julie, Too

morning confession: I get a kick out of how *passionate* folks 'become' with the utterance of a single word or name. The thing is, just how one-dimensional are we - as a species? Yeah, not very...not at all, really. It's funny, just how shocked my family is in Ohio that I have done or do certain things - yet, I'm a great father and husband - oh, and I'm a home & business owner. It just blows their minds. Especially since people that do "that", well, they're just not good people & they're going to hell.

Ever try to have an educated debate with a single issue voter?

Confession #2: I've never understood how love could not be unconditional. I rank this - in the frequency of thought - with the "guns kill people argument" -- when we all know, it's MacDonald's that's killing people

Hey, where's my Noble Prize?

In other news, it looks like Bio-Clean has secured the big bucks. I shouldn't joke about it - $300k for them is like $300mm for other companies. Let's hope that they use it wisely -- oh, I don't know, maybe hiring a few defense contract lobbyists...

Bio-Clean International Secures $300,000 Investment

Oct 9, 2009 08:00:01 (ET)

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif., Oct 09, 2009 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Bio-Clean International, Inc. (Pink Sheets:BCLE) ( www.biocleaninternational.com ) announced today that it has secured several private placement investments aggregating $300,000. The investments in restricted common stock of Bio-Clean International are valued at $0.01 per share.

*Hope* you all have a wonderful morning...that blends nicely into the afternoon...with an even better segue to the evening and weekend

Rams

10-09-2009, 09:18 AM #442
    LOL, indeed, Shots...

Here's the thing -- I'm on the wagon, so - staying up with Bill and Tibs on the weekend isn't as easy as it was a month ago.

Which is why I get up early - so I can share my weekend stuff before the market opens ;-) Okay, that's not why I get up early...but I do like talking to you folks...

And the peace prize -- hey, it's all yourn -- I'm shootin' for the NOBLE prize -- as in high and mighty ___ as dave would say LIMH

a great morning to you, Shots...

Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    LOL. Love reading your morning posts Ramsey.

And if you get a peace prize, then I want on too! (Hey you also get about 1.4mil$$$ with that.)

Addict
    10-09-2009, 09:24 AM #443
    LOL, indeed, Shots...

Here's the thing -- I'm on the wagon, so - staying up with Bill and Tibs on the weekend isn't as easy as it was a month ago.

Which is why I get up early - so I can share my weekend stuff before the market opens ;-) Okay, that's not why I get up early...but I do like talking to you folks...

And the peace prize -- hey, it's all yourn -- I'm shootin' for the NOBLE prize -- as in high and mighty ___ as dave would say LIMH

a great morning to you, Shots...

Now THAT'S a prize actually worth the work put into it.

And congrats on the one month mark. Today, lets make it a month and a day.

Addict
    10-09-2009, 09:38 AM #444
    Bill, since youre our resident go to guy for LFBG, I need your opinion.
    I got 1200$ sitting over the weekend.
    Do you think LFBG will increase in value after the split?

In your opinion, should I buy for a short term flip and try to score with this one?

10-09-2009, 09:41 AM #445
    I hear ya, Chuck, and also resemble your story to a large degree.

...finished high school in Lima, Ohio -- Lima Central Catholic...spent the majority of my 'formative years' up a coal mining holler in West Virginia, though, where we raised our own food - both kinds - and went many years without the modern luxuries such as running water and electricity.

I identify most with my hillbilly counterparts, at least in mindset.

My LCC cohorts - it's interesting how progressive our minds *were* at the time. Most of my running mates have followed in the parental footsteps, both in 'spirit' and livelihood.

One of the more defining moments, in my life, was returning to the midwest after my first tour in the Persian Gulf. Without going into great detail, now that the market is open, let me just say that from that moment in time...I never looked at myself (or them) quite the same way.

My wife has hundreds of Dead shows under her belt & dated one of the guys 'with' the band for a spell, in the 70s--or was that the 80s?

So, yeah, we don't exactly *think* like the other bears in the ocean

I'd love to hear more about *your* story -- I'll send you a PM with my info.

Rams

Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Ramsey, I might have asked you this before, but I have wax for brains and I'm forgetful....So, where in Ohio are you from?

Having grown up there, I have a lot of connections that still can't believe that I made a small fortune by growing my hair to my waist and selling candles at Greatful Dead shows. Then raise five kids and end up living on the beach. It just seems like people in Ohio don't have an understanding of taking a different direction and going with it. I always felt like you were supposed to follow your Dad into the factory or coal mine and be happy! That wasn't the ticket for me.

Chuck

Mentor
    10-09-2009, 09:45 AM #446
    I hear ya, Chuck, and also resemble your story to a large degree.

...finished high school in Lima, Ohio -- Lima Central Catholic...spent the majority of my 'formative years' up a coal mining holler in West Virginia, though, where we raised our own food - both kinds - and went many years without the modern luxuries such as running water and electricity.

I identify most with my hillbilly counterparts, at least in mindset.

My LCC cohorts - it's interesting how progressive our minds *were* at the time. Most of my running mates have followed in the parental footsteps, both in 'spirit' and livelihood.

One of the more defining moments, in my life, was returning to the midwest after my first tour in the Persian Gulf. Without going into great detail, now that the market is open, let me just say that from that moment in time...I never looked at myself (or them) quite the same way.

My wife has hundreds of Dead shows under her belt & dated one of the guys 'with' the band for a spell, in the 70s--or was that the 80s?

So, yeah, we don't exactly *think* like the other bears in the ocean

I'd love to hear more about *your* story -- I'll send you a PM with my info.

Rams
    Yikes, I may have lived near that same holler! No electricity, phone, or city water for 9 years. 5 kids born in the living room. What a great life!

Guru
    10-09-2009, 09:48 AM #447
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    Bill, since youre our resident go to guy for LFBG, I need your opinion.
    I got 1200$ sitting over the weekend.
    Do you think LFBG will increase in value after the split?

In your opinion, should I buy for a short term flip and try to score with this one?
    Shots,
    I don't know. There are two sides to the equation. First of all Christmas is coming (which would mean good sales), but second, I was talking to some guys last night about the quality of the game and they said nobody likes to play it.
    Third, Kmart has picked it up.

Usually, price goes down after a split (naturally), but the question is if it will grow in price after the split..so I don't have a real answer.

The shares are tempting, but now I just don't know. The price is way down today and one would think that it would be higher. I would expect it to be down some though, because not everybody wants to be involved in the split. That is just a different "camps" thing.

It is the quality of the game that concerns me now. I could be totally wrong, but I am taking some guys word for it. (Which I should never do). Maybe we could look up a review on the game first..

Mentor
    10-09-2009, 09:50 AM #448
    CHB
    Keep an eye on Champion Enterprises, the RV, mobile home builder. Yesterday was good, today is starting out well. 45 to 46 cent buy in point isn't bad for a well established company that is in an industry that has hit it's bottom and is beginning to head upwards.

10-09-2009, 09:54 AM #449
    BEHL

I've reposted the PR from earlier in the week * and have annotated it with underlining and bolding on a few things that I have been thinking heavily on, over the past...well, since I read it.

My feeling - forget logic, we're in the pennies - is that there was some good stuff put across at this summit.

I can't help but to daydream about the possibility of a big guy, like Exxon, wanting to pick up this company - if for only public perception.

The point is, the oil guys have taken a lot of heat over the past couple of years. Their response has been, in part, to retaliate with the 'feel good' ads - a la pharmaceutical commercials - to let folks know just how wonderful they are...wouldn't it make sense (yes, I'm reaching) for them to pick up a bio-fuel company, or affiliate, just to run *legitimate* ads?

2009 Algae Biomass Summit Expecting Record Number of Speakers &Presentations in San Diego, California

Oct 7, 2009 13:34:43 (ET)

SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, CA, Oct 07, 2009 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- BioCentric Energy Holdings, Inc. (PINKSHEETS: BEHL) today confirmed the company is in fact an exhibitor at the 2009 Algae Biomass Summit starting today for 2 days in San Diego, California.

Company President Dennis Fisher stated, "With the world's eyes now focusing on alternative 'Green' fuels, BioCentric can play a major awareness role by attending such events worldwide. ALGAE is now in the forefront as a major source for alternative fuels and Biomass related products. I believe the guest list of attendees predicted to be at this event includes several senior representatives of major Oil companies. As a result of such potential awareness, BioCentric's opportunity to present its patent pending closed loop photobioreactor system for the rapid reproduction of ALGAE could receive many opportunities for advancement and new system orders."

Mr. Fisher confirmed that, along with an associate company based in Southern California, both companies along with BioCentric's Czech Republic based scientific research team are in the process of completing their due diligence work on the "Lipid Trigger" technology which, if successful, would significantly enhance the natural growth and production of ALGAE in their closed loop photobioreactor system. The companies expect to have completed test results and announcements by the end of the month.

ABOUT THE 2009 ALGAE BIOMASS SUMMIT

The Algal Biomass Organization announces the dates and location of its 3rd Annual Algae Biomass Summit, hosted by Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati and Byrne & Company, Ltd. It also announced a Call for Presentations for the summit, which will take place October 7-9, 2009 at the Marriot San Diego Hotel & Marina in San Diego, California.

The Algae Biomass Summit is currently accepting papers and presentation abstracts from now through July 5, 2009.

"Momentum continues to grow," said John Pierce, Member, Renewable Energy and CleanTech Practice at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. "From our first summit in 2007 which drew 350, to this year where we expect close to 1,000, global leaders, scientists, innovators, funders and policy makers look to the Algae Biomass Summit as the premiere algae-focused industry event."

Past speakers and attendees have included national and international technologists, producers, scientists, investors, and policy-makers. During the course of the event, leaders and attendees will discuss issues of critical importance to the emerging algae industry, including the commercial viability of algae production, current government and private initiatives, evolving technologies, processing concepts, life cycle analysis, and venture and project finance.

"It's never been more important for the industry to come together to find economically and environmentally sustainable solutions to climate change," said Tom Byrne, CEO of Byrne & Company, Ltd., co-host of the summit. "Interest and investment is at an all time high, but there's still a great amount of work to be done. We look forward to a highly productive event."

http://www.algalbiomass.org/events/2009ABS

Guru
    10-09-2009, 09:54 AM #450
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    CHB
    Keep an eye on Champion Enterprises, the RV, mobile home builder. Yesterday was good, today is starting out well. 45 to 46 cent buy in point isn't bad for a well established company that is in an industry that has hit it's bottom and is beginning to head upwards.
    CHB is Greg's old stock. I have watched it since he brought it up a long time ago and if you have a little patience ... it will move your direction. It just slowed down a while back when everything was screwed up, but times are changing and it should start doing well. Maybe Greg can address this more fully if he feels like it.

Page 45 of 57 ... 35434445464755 ...