Page 37 of 57 ... 27353637383947 ...
    10-08-2009, 10:29 AM #361
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    GSAE

Bill, or anyone,

GSAE is down today. I own a little bit, but my average is just over a buck.

Any long term feelings on this one. Trying to figure out if it's time to average down.

Thanks,
    Chuck
    Chuck, I am holding GSAE until after the forward split (3-for-4) they recently announced. Should be fun to see what happens after that.

Guru
    10-08-2009, 10:31 AM #362
    Mr. Krab always cheers me up when I see him! He is a positive force here!

10-08-2009, 10:37 AM #363
    Whoa, i didn't realize it but I just looked at my holdings and saw that I'm down 50% total in my folio. I did not expect that. I knew I'd be taking a bath in miggle but I felt good, and still do, about qasp and behl. I just can't understand why they are so far down. So I'm stuck with holding or selling fir a los and start flipping to make up the cash lost so far, any thoughts?

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    10-08-2009, 10:47 AM #364
    Quote Originally Posted by atmgeek1 View Post
    Whoa, i didn't realize it but I just looked at my holdings and saw that I'm down 50% total in my folio. I did not expect that. I knew I'd be taking a bath in miggle but I felt good, and still do, about qasp and behl. I just can't understand why they are so far down. So I'm stuck with holding or selling fir a los and start flipping to make up the cash lost so far, any thoughts?
    MR. GEEK

If you're 50% down, and you have any faith in QASP and BEHL, I would hold. It takes a lot of work and risk to earn that money back.
    If it were me, I'd scrape some money from someplace and find swing trades, but I'd hold onto those two, if you have any faith in the companies. Stocks go up and stocks go down. Sometimes, it's just a waiting game.
    I own a lot of big board stocks, and even though those markets are rising, that end of my portfolio is down around 10%. In a few weeks, when the overall market is down, I may be up!
    One thing is for sure. If you sell out at a big loss, you'll never get to experience the upswing.
    Just my opinion after doing this for a few decades now.

The Candle Man has spoken, and even I wouldn't put a lot of faith in that, but you did ask....

Addict
    10-08-2009, 10:48 AM #365
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    No, meant to add something to the effect of, 'not necessarily today' ... Of course with a year old PR ....

Did you mean levity rather than brevity earlier?
    Haha, I believe I did. Touche

10-08-2009, 10:49 AM #366
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    MR. GEEK

If you're 50% down, and you have any faith in QASP and BEHL, I would hold. It takes a lot of work and risk to earn that money back.
    If it were me, I'd scrape some money from someplace and find swing trades, but I'd hold onto those two, if you have any faith in the companies. Stocks go up and stocks go down. Sometimes, it's just a waiting game.
    I own a lot of big board stocks, and even though those markets are rising, that end of my portfolio is down around 10%. In a few weeks, when the overall market is down, I may be up!
    One thing is for sure. If you sell out at a big loss, you'll never get to experience the upswing.
    Just my opinion after doing this for a few decades now.

The Candle Man has spoken, and even I wouldn't put a lot of faith in that, but you did ask....
    Thanks, all thoughts are greatly appreciated Your right though, when your down, being impatient starts to set in

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    10-08-2009, 10:49 AM #367
    CHB, take a look at this one. It's been down lately. But, it looks to be making a move.

They make mobile homes and RV's. That market is coming back strong these days. I think it is one of the stronger segmants of the market right now.

Mentor
    10-08-2009, 10:52 AM #368
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    Haha, I believe I did. Touche
    I could use some brevity actually, being the king of rambling posts

Guru
    10-08-2009, 10:52 AM #369
    LFBG is priced right this morning. Tomorrow is the date of record for the splits also, so if that is something you have been looking at and forgot then take a look.

Guru
    10-08-2009, 10:54 AM #370
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    I could use some brevity actually, being the king of rambling posts
    Your posts are always good.

Page 37 of 57 ... 27353637383947 ...