Page 17 of 57 ... 7151617181927 ...
    Mentor
    10-06-2009, 02:10 PM #161
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post

Chuck -- how was your ride? We were thinking about you...

Hey, thanks for asking.

The ride was great. 4 days of between 90 and 110 miles a day. About 8 hours in the seat each day. It was beautiful. I spent a lot of time on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Just completely lovely up there. Then lots of time on gravel roads down in the valleys.

I'm no little guy ( or young guy for that matter), 200 pounds of me and a fully loaded bike make for a nice workout. I'd ride for an hour or two and enjoy the view from someplace special for an hour before I hit it again. I even rode about 40 miles under moonlight one night. Just fantastic!!!!

I'll be heading out to Southern Ohio in a few weeks and do it again during the intense fall color foilage season. Got to get as much of these long rides in as I can before the cold air gets here. If it weren't for this working stuff, I'd be on the bike a lot more![/QUOTE]

Do you have any pics to post? You can compete with Andy.

10-06-2009, 02:12 PM #162
    No, I agree...when it's said and done.

Frankly, since the year and a day concerns are now off the table...I'll have less reservation about trading the scott shares in the future.

Now I definitely look forward to the cc run up!

In any case, I'm chalking it up as lesson learned & at the least, I have an extra 887 shares that will offset the commissions.

...I got lucky - period.

All said, my mistake may turn out to be a blessing...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Well, if you rebought the shares already, it wouldn't make sense to resell them with some $300 in commissions or whatever to transfer them to a broker so you can get a lower commission on the following sale 5 years from now, unless of course you do it if this thing doesn't hold those support lines, and can get in a few cents cheaper later.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    10-06-2009, 02:14 PM #163
    I'd like you all to consider DYN, Dynergy. This is a power generating company that sells electricity to utility companies for distribution. Someday as the industry consolidates, it may be a take over target.

It swings quite a bit in the 1.80 to 2.50 range. I use it as a swing trade quite profitably.

Take a look and see what you think.

Mentor
    10-06-2009, 02:16 PM #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Hey, thanks for asking.

The ride was great. 4 days of between 90 and 110 miles a day. About 8 hours in the seat each day. It was beautiful. I spent a lot of time on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Just completely lovely up there. Then lots of time on gravel roads down in the valleys.

I'm no little guy ( or young guy for that matter), 200 pounds of me and a fully loaded bike make for a nice workout. I'd ride for an hour or two and enjoy the view from someplace special for an hour before I hit it again. I even rode about 40 miles under moonlight one night. Just fantastic!!!!

I'll be heading out to Southern Ohio in a few weeks and do it again during the intense fall color foilage season. Got to get as much of these long rides in as I can before the cold air gets here. If it weren't for this working stuff, I'd be on the bike a lot more!

Do you have any pics to post? You can compete with Andy. [/QUOTE]

Nope, no pics. A camera is about the same wieght as a small bottle of scotch. And at the end of the day, the scotch always wins!!!! LOL

Guru
    10-06-2009, 02:19 PM #165
    Still watching LFBG...it is dropping again...

10-06-2009, 02:22 PM #166
    Very nice, Chuck...very nice, indeed.

I'm really happy for you...

I remember going to the Blue Ridge Parkway as a kid -- will never forget how beautiful it is...I look forward to revisiting with my family in the not_so_distant future.

My son, as it turns out, is a nature lover -- absolutely loves all things *trees*. Well, we all love the outdoors - actually.

Here's one of the wife's creations:

www.treeadore.com -- she's taken Treeadore to the international licensing show & has had a tremendous response from major corporations. Which, frankly, brought about a pause in the promotions department. She's currently considering self-publishing and manufacturing as opposed to selling her concepts.

So, yeah, we like trees and leaves and all things nature. Which just so happens to be one of the top reasons that we're leaving Southern California. We're really ready for green!

Anyway...welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post

Chuck -- how was your ride? We were thinking about you...

Hey, thanks for asking.

I'll be heading out to Southern Ohio in a few weeks and do it again during the intense fall color foilage season. Got to get as much of these long rides in as I can before the cold air gets here. If it weren't for this working stuff, I'd be on the bike a lot more![/QUOTE]

Mentor
    10-06-2009, 02:29 PM #167
    Ramsey, that is very nice

www.treeadore.com -- she's taken Treeadore to the international licensing show & has had a tremendous response from major corporations. Which, frankly, brought about a pause in the promotions department. She's currently considering self-publishing and manufacturing as opposed to selling her concepts.

That is just a great educational concept. Taking it on her own could be a very lucrative idea someday.

My wife is a Montessori teacher. She's been doing it for almost 35 years now and just loves working with the kids. She's also an outdoors girl and mingles the two ideas of being outdoors and education as much as possible.

Good luck to her with Treeadore, what a great concept!

10-06-2009, 02:30 PM #168
    Rams- that sucks I've done the same with Scott. I tried to put in a low buy back when siri would have random .10 drops and some how i put sell instead of buy and sold off half my position. If you are looking to buy back quick and have another broker you can wire the money to the other broker and it should be there within about 2 hours and then buy it with much lower commissions

Enthusiast
    10-06-2009, 02:36 PM #169
    Flippin' BBI. What the hey. They are announced as defendant in a lawsuit and it's goodbye profits.

LVLT anyone? They seem to be standing their ground today. CC for them is the 19th so waiting for BBI to turn around and then I'll be waiting to see if LVLT starts its run-up.

Mentor
    10-06-2009, 02:38 PM #170
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmertz View Post
    Flippin' BBI. What the hey. They are announced as defendant in a lawsuit and it's goodbye profits.

LVLT anyone? They seem to be standing their ground today. CC for them is the 19th so waiting for BBI to turn around and then I'll be waiting to see if LVLT starts its run-up.
    How's the IPO holding up?

Page 17 of 57 ... 7151617181927 ...