Page 14 of 57 ... 4121314151624 ...
    Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    10-06-2009, 11:47 AM #131

Pennies???

Guys, these pennies are killing me.

If I compare OTC pennies to the AMEX, NYSE, and NASDAQ stocks I own this is how it works out over the last 5 weeks.

OTC penny stocks inlcuding SPNGE, which I can't sell..... a loss of 21%
    NASDAQ, and the other over dollar stocks.....a gain of 5%

This points out 2 things to me.

First of all, I must not be good at the pennies.
    Secondly, the pennies are really risky.
    And third, It's better in the dollar markets. They may go down, but they usually come right back up.
    OK, so that was three things....

The point is we are really in a risky business trying to chase big rewards with the pennies. In the dollar markets, the rewards are fewer, but they are steady, and probably a much safer place for our money in the long run.

Let's consider a few that I posted lately
    JBLU up 8% in three days
    S up 4% in three days
    WEN up 5% in three days

I don't need to tell you where SPNGE, BCLE, BEHL, GSAE, QASP, and others are right now, you all know that.

My point is that we may want to reconsider these pennies and start thinking about 4 to 8 dollar stocks on the bigger boards. I think in the long run, they are a much safer bet.

Guru
    10-06-2009, 11:52 AM #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Looks like it's gonna run... my guess to $1.25. Note, that's a guess.
    That sounds good to me.

Don't forget this aspect:

SAN DIEGO, CA, Sept. 29 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Green Star Alternative Energy, Inc. (Pink Sheets: GSAE; "GSAE" or the "Company") (http://www.greenstarae.com/) announces that the Company's Board of Directors have authorized a dividend of 3 common shares for every 4 common shares held by stockholders of record. This stock dividend is being done to provide a benefit to our existing shareholders, including those who have financed us through the company's ongoing development. As of the date of this release, GSAE has 16.25M publicly traded shares and a total of 26.25M shares outstanding.

Addict
    10-06-2009, 11:53 AM #133
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post

If I compare OTC pennies to the AMEX, NYSE, and NASDAQ stocks I own this is how it works out over the last 5 weeks.

And third, It's better in the dollar markets. They may go down, but they usually come right back up.

The point is we are really in a risky business trying to chase big rewards with the pennies. In the dollar markets, the rewards are fewer, but they are steady, and probably a much safer place for our money in the long run.

JBLU up 8% in three days
    S up 4% in three days
    WEN up 5% in three days

I don't need to tell you where SPNGE, BCLE, BEHL, GSAE, QASP, and others are right now, you all know that.

My point is that we may want to reconsider these pennies and start thinking about 4 to 8 dollar stocks on the bigger boards. I think in the long run, they are a much safer bet.
    I've got no problem with that.
    I dont plan on leaving pennies all together. Not at all. But considering all stocks is good business in my book.

Addict
    10-06-2009, 11:57 AM #134
    I just threw my hat into the ASFX ring.
    With the Governator ready to sign the bill this week or next, I see major upside potential.
    Bought 33K @ .0632

And with that I gotta go for a few hours. See you around market close gentlemen...and Julie.

Guru
    10-06-2009, 12:03 PM #135
    Go for it...this thread wasn't designed just for pennies. We just all got cheap all of the sudden and started buying pennies.

I like regular stocks and pennies.

Addict
    10-06-2009, 12:08 PM #136
    Ok, that was a bit more work than I like to do in a day.

Was incorrect in thinking I had something to do right now. I'm actually free until 1pm.

Mentor
    10-06-2009, 12:08 PM #137

JBLU up 8% in three days
    S up 4% in three days
    WEN up 5% in three days

That's why I turn the amounts I put into these pennies way down (besides the reason for having to learn how they trade), and picked up a lot of them... I think you have to buy a whole splattering of them to play, since there's no consistent way to tell which will be pumped and get the followers... but if you get a pop on 1 or 2, you should cover the losses on the others... provided you do take money off the table on the way up on those 1-3 day runs. I'm considering yet another sell on ASFX today, even though the thing could base out and keep on trucking. Likewise, I'm looking for some exit points on these ones that are just sitting there, like QASP and BCLE.

I've had a lot of fun, and I'm in the green on these things, but even if I made a large amount on them, I'd likely keep my buys still under $500 total.

Of course, all of our goals are different. I guess I'm more like you, being a tortoise and not the hare. I used to play much riskier - in fact, my options stuff is about as risky as it gets... actually too much... you can put $500 down, after a brief price pause on a pattern, and make more than 100% the next day, and your loss usually won't be more than 75% if things go ultra sour... rambling... but it's a tough game, and I haven't played in a while... almost did for gold but bought enough stocks.

Anyway, Bill says it's an open board, and I play the big boards, so I'm with you on the general market. I felt much better picking up those stocks yesterday, as they are less volatile, and less risky, and I thought my account had a beta of 1000. Funny too, as before I came on board, I thought stocks under $15 were ultra risky. Anyway, we all have our trading styles and risk tolerance, and I'm open to discuss big board stocks with you anytime.

10-06-2009, 12:08 PM #138
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    That sounds good to me.

Don't forget this aspect:

SAN DIEGO, CA, Sept. 29 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Green Star Alternative Energy, Inc. (Pink Sheets: GSAE; "GSAE" or the "Company") (http://www.greenstarae.com/) announces that the Company's Board of Directors have authorized a dividend of 3 common shares for every 4 common shares held by stockholders of record. This stock dividend is being done to provide a benefit to our existing shareholders, including those who have financed us through the company's ongoing development. As of the date of this release, GSAE has 16.25M publicly traded shares and a total of 26.25M shares outstanding.
    That's why I'm holding the 1,000 shares I picked up last week, at least for one month. I want to see what this ride will be like. Might actually make some money!

As for QASP, I am going to keep holding. A lot of DD has been done on this company, and they are really real, doing business, etc. No indications of any type of smoke screen to be found. Plus...
    1. They have acquisitions lined up, and paperwork being done right now on them.
    2. The company is buying back shares on the open market right now. Of course, they want them as low-priced as possible. So, it will stay low for a while until they are done.
    3. Once the buyback is finished, I see the acquisitions being announced and the PPS moving north, somewhat quickly.

I think it's worth sticking around for.

With BCLE, however...I have stuck around for almost 5 months now with little to no movement. I think that's a decent amount of time to commit to a stock. I will sell all remaining shares (at a loss) and probably buy more QASP with it.

BEHL will run again. The merger process will be fun to go through as a shareholder. IMHO.

Addict
    10-06-2009, 12:13 PM #139
    The ask on QASP is now .0195. Any predictions if support at... falls?

It fell, what now?
    Last edited by ShotsII; 10-06-2009 at 12:17 PM.

Guru
    10-06-2009, 12:23 PM #140
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHerdGreg View Post
    That's why I'm holding the 1,000 shares I picked up last week, at least for one month. I want to see what this ride will be like. Might actually make some money!

As for QASP, I am going to keep holding. A lot of DD has been done on this company, and they are really real, doing business, etc. No indications of any type of smoke screen to be found. Plus...
    1. They have acquisitions lined up, and paperwork being done right now on them.
    2. The company is buying back shares on the open market right now. Of course, they want them as low-priced as possible. So, it will stay low for a while until they are done.
    3. Once the buyback is finished, I see the acquisitions being announced and the PPS moving north, somewhat quickly.

I think it's worth sticking around for.

With BCLE, however...I have stuck around for almost 5 months now with little to no movement. I think that's a decent amount of time to commit to a stock. I will sell all remaining shares (at a loss) and probably buy more QASP with it.

BEHL will run again. The merger process will be fun to go through as a shareholder. IMHO.
    Well Mr. Crab, I tuned into Spongebob Squarepants this weekend and Mr. Crab was in all of the episodes. You know, after seeing your name associated with the cartoon for so long as an avatar, it is kind of like watching you on T.V.. The fact that Mr. Crab is so money oriented really made it funny. He is a complete tight-wad.

I am just going to write BCLE off at the end of the year. I can use the write-off anyway, unless the skies open up, a bright light makes its presence and the good Lord shines down upon BCLE with tons of blessings. I am more inclined to think the write-off will happen.

Page 14 of 57 ... 4121314151624 ...