Page 13 of 57 ... 3111213141523 ...
    Addict
    10-06-2009, 11:26 AM #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Wow, you weren't kidding.

I like this message board.
    Right?! They're like a bunch of school children over there.

Oh, and MESA is back up over .27 FML!

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    10-06-2009, 11:28 AM #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Speaking of flips, at least smaller percentage ones, Candleman made a pretty good call on PMU. The price moves pretty moderately day to day, but intraday, the swings are pretty big - seems like you could flip for 10% quite often.
    Hey Doc,
    Yep, PMU has been a good trader. It has been moving about 3 cents every two days. Not a bad idea to pick up 10,000 shares and make a couple hundred bucks a couple times a week. Right now, it looks like it might be breaking out with the rise in gold, so I think flippers might want to hold off. I'm in it for the long haul also though.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    10-06-2009, 11:31 AM #123
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    Guys, I have a true and honest question to ask you(s).

With EVFL trading billions and billions of shares without budging from the .0001-.0002 range, what is the draw behind holding shares in this company?

I realize almost all of you are in at .0001 and therefore cannot loose money on this stock. But wouldnt it be wiser to apply that money to stocks that actually have movement in price?
    Shots, I think you are right. I'm in at .0001 for 400 bucks. If I get out now, I lose 20 bucks in brokerage fees and that's it. I'm putting my sell order in right now. Thanks for making me think about this.

Guru
    10-06-2009, 11:33 AM #124
    Anyone looked at the BEHL forum over at the Hub? There is MAJOR fighting, crying, and name calling over there today. I'm sure that will do wonders for any new money looking at that site to get a pulse on the PPS.
    Yes, and on top of that, they are deleting posts which are too negative. That is what you call a real free forum (jeez). You know though, if you read one forum where a stock goes tits up, it sounds just like another forum that has bit the dust. Come to think of it...all of those forums there sound the same to me anymore. They are all the same characters...just different names.

Mentor
    10-06-2009, 11:35 AM #125
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Hey Doc,
    Yep, PMU has been a good trader. It has been moving about 3 cents every two days. Not a bad idea to pick up 10,000 shares and make a couple hundred bucks a couple times a week. Right now, it looks like it might be breaking out with the rise in gold, so I think flippers might want to hold off. I'm in it for the long haul also though.
    See all those other gold stocks? AU AUY BVN GFI GG GSS IAG NGX NSU RBY? Crazy. Seems gold will break out real hard, then pull back, if it the even 1000 line holds up, I'll likely double up. I bet mixed earnings reports may keep it afloat.

Addict
    10-06-2009, 11:36 AM #126
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Yes, and on top of that, they are deleting posts which are too negative. That is what you call a real free forum (jeez). You know though, if you read one forum where a stock goes tits up, it sounds just like another forum that has bit the dust. Come to think of it...all of those forums there sound the same to me anymore. They are all the same characters...just different names.
    You're probably right Bill.

I have noticed something tho...
    If there is no bashing of stock XXXX happening, then the price of XXXX usually increases. If there is one or more bashers, XXXX price drops.
    Its been that way for awhile. (At least to me it has.)
    Has anyone else noticed this trend? If so, perhaps we could use it to catch the risers and soon-to-falls???

Mentor
    10-06-2009, 11:39 AM #127
    Guys, I have a true and honest question to ask you(s).

With EVFL trading billions and billions of shares without budging from the .0001-.0002 range, what is the draw behind holding shares in this company?

I realize almost all of you are in at .0001 and therefore cannot loose money on this stock. But wouldnt it be wiser to apply that money to stocks that actually have movement in price?
    LOL! I keep asking myself that same question !

I have perfected the art of quick drying stock cement. I buy it and it instantly turns into a drive way, no drying time needed, you can park your car on it before the funds clear ....

I'm just waiting though, waiting for news, waiting for somebody to pop in Caddy Shack and take out Groundhog Day.

I keep thinking that at one point even SPNG was a sub-penny ...

QASP aquisition news is what I am ... do I dare say it? ... counting on.

Guru
    10-06-2009, 11:39 AM #128

Gsae

Green Star Qualifies to Receive Special Status from Government of Serbia
    Date : 10/06/2009 @ 8:18AM
    Source : PR Newswire
    Stock : (GSAE)
    Quote : 0.73 0.08 (12.31%) @ 11:28AM

SAN DIEGO, CA, Oct. 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Green Star Alternative Energy, Inc. (Pink Sheets: GSAE; "GSAE" or the "Company") (http://www.greenstarae.com/) announces that the Company is qualified to receive the status of "Privileged Power Producer" from the Republic of Serbia's Ministry of Energy. Under adopted legislation, renewable energy source producers of electricity (except hydro power plants and biomass power plants larger than 10MW) will be eligible for a feed-in-tariff that is greater than current wholesale electricity prices.

In addition to a favourable sale price for renewable electricity, Green Star anticipates that it would benefit from a standardized power purchase agreement with the national utility Elektroprivreda Srbije (EPS) and guaranteed distribution grid access.

Mike Andric, CEO of Green Star Alternative Energy, stated: "The Company believes this adopted legislation may receive parliamentary approval very soon. The benefits are significant and would provide Green Star with a valuable base selling price for our electricity."

About GSAE

Green Star Alternative Energy is an environmentally conscious, renewable energy company working to develop more than 300 MW (megawatts) of clean electricity through wind energy. The corporate revenue model is two-fold: the use of a renewable resource allows not only for the creation of environmentally friendly energy, but the granting of carbon (greenhouse gas) emission credits which may be traded and sold. Green Star is pursuing a significant opportunity to provide clean energy to the growing Republic of Serbia and neighbouring European countries. Through a joint venture with key wind farm and power trading company Notos, Green Star will become the nation's first developer of wind power. GSAE is focused on green technology and sustainable energy programs like wind turbines, hydro electric power generation, and other renewable electricity models.

FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS

This press release contains 'forward-looking statements'. These are statements concerning plans, objectives, goals, strategies, expectations, estimates, intentions, projections, developments, future events, or performance, underlying (expressed or implied) assumptions and other statements that are other than historical facts. In some cases forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of forward-looking words such as 'believes,' 'expects,' 'may,' 'will,' 'should,' or 'anticipates,' 'estimates,' or the negative of these words or other variations of these words or comparable words, or by discussions of plans or strategy that involve risks and uncertainties. Management wishes to caution the reader that these forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, statements regarding the Company's plans, goals the estimates and assumptions, and the business strategy of the Company and other matters that are not historical facts are only predictions. No assurances can be given that such predictions and the estimates regarding mineral reserves, success of mining plans, or other projections will prove correct or that the anticipated future results will be achieved. Actual events or results may differ materially. Forward-looking statements should be read in light of the cautionary statements and risks that include, but are not limited to, the risks associated with a small company, the intense competition the company faces from others, and technological changes. Any one or more of these or other risks could cause actual results to differ materially from the future results indicated, expressed, or implied in such forward-looking statements.

DATASOURCE: Green Star Alternative Energy Inc.

Mentor
    10-06-2009, 11:42 AM #129
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Shots, I think you are right. I'm in at .0001 for 400 bucks. If I get out now, I lose 20 bucks in brokerage fees and that's it. I'm putting my sell order in right now. Thanks for making me think about this.
    The real worry is the freeze-up like MGLG and SPNGE. When I bought EVFL, I did the google map thing, and it convinced me to only put in $200, but, $200 in ASFX where bought would be worth almost 5K right now, so it's something to think about. The fact that Bill's standing sell hasn't gone thru is something to think about too. Of course, if it did spike to like 0.0004 where my sell has been sitting, that's not a bad profit either.

I guess though, SPNG looked to be one of the better ones, and even it got the freeze up, so you can never tell.

Mentor
    10-06-2009, 11:46 AM #130
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Date : 10/06/2009 @ 8:18AM
    Source : PR Newswire
    Stock : (GSAE)
    Quote : 0.73 0.08 (12.31%) @ 11:28AM

SAN DIEGO, CA, Oct. 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Green Star Alternative Energy, Inc. (Pink Sheets: GSAE; "GSAE" or the "Company") (http://www.greenstarae.com/) announces that the Company is qualified to receive the status of "Privileged Power Producer" from the Republic of Serbia's Ministry of Energy. Under adopted legislation, renewable energy source producers of electricity (except hydro power plants and biomass power plants larger than 10MW) will be eligible for a feed-in-tariff that is greater than current wholesale electricity prices.

In addition to a favourable sale price for renewable electricity, Green Star anticipates that it would benefit from a standardized power purchase agreement with the national utility Elektroprivreda Srbije (EPS) and guaranteed distribution grid access.
    Looks like it's gonna run... my guess to $1.25. Note, that's a guess.

Page 13 of 57 ... 3111213141523 ...