Page 10 of 57 ... 8910111220 ...
    10-06-2009, 09:25 AM #91
    G'Mornin' fellas, and Julie, Too, too

A thought that I have each morning, as I'm having my coffee is "Man, I really like my coffee -- hope my doc never takes it away".

I grind the beans fresh daily...

That aside, in reading this morning's headlines, I see that the FTC has instituted new rules for bloggers.

It's interesting to hold witness to the passing of our once celebrated news anchors. They were the backbone of our news-centers.

Now, we rely on bloggers -- and why wouldn't we? It's not like there's *real* reporting otherwise.

The thing is, though, that just how ethical does a blogger *have* to be? What are the rules? Are there any guidelines? My thoughts tend to run the gamut on this...

What I've surmised is that the readership will decide -- and, well, the blogger - in particular - would be held to a higher standard, too. This standard? It's two part, in my opinion.

1. ego - we're a social people - and being social, we want people to like us.

2. financial - we don't hunt and pick berries anymore. We need $ to survive.

In the case of the former, the blogger *should* realize that in order to maintain readers - he/she must maintain a certain level of integrity - that is, to say...to have any level of longevity and to gain subscribers.

The latter is just as important, if not more so. Unless the blogger wants to continually come out of pocket for the 'service', there eventually has to be some level of financial support.

A lot of the these cats actually make real money.

Now, there have been plenty of times that I've read a blog & said to myself --- self, *that* was indeed a slanted piece. How on earth would that guy think that product X is better than product Y? He's gotta be getting paid - in some way!

Well, the FTC is here to save us...

It'll be quite interesting to see how this plays out.

Me? I'm really looking forward to seeing how bloggers and assorted "community/forum owners" acknowledge this new rule.

Additionally, I'm looking forward to seeing the new rules that will follow. Included in these, I'll be real interested to read how the IRS will list this stuff.

I can see myself calling up my accountant and informing him to mark me down as a blogger for 2010.

But anyway...here's the link

http://www.pcworld.com/article/17316...ick_guide.html

Mentor
    10-06-2009, 09:41 AM #92
    GLD broke 100, all-time high! I thought it was gonna happen tomorrow. Good thing I didn't wait. GSS up 8%, NSU up 4%, lol, I guess compared to pennies, that's nothin'.

Do you put the apostrophe for nothin' before or after the period?

We'll I'm excited, been needing to round out my personal mutual fund here with more non-pennies.

Addict
    10-06-2009, 09:42 AM #93
    Looks like MM's first take down attempt of MESA isnt holding. They got it down to .2707, but heading back up now.
    Come on, MMs. Show me what you got.

Mentor
    10-06-2009, 09:51 AM #94
    Did you buy Mesa, or looking to get in?

Addict
    10-06-2009, 09:53 AM #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Did you buy Mesa, or looking to get in?
    I bought it last night in AH trading. 8100shares @ .2619.
    Just looking for a quick flip. Not wanting to hold it forever. Hoping to make back a bit of the money that I've been losing recently with BEHL.

Looks like .27 is offering a bit of support for MESA. Lets hope it doesnt break.

Guru
    10-06-2009, 09:55 AM #96

Tuesday's stuff

Here are some to look at:

XODG.OB 1.15 0.00
    ASFX.PK 0.063 0.00
    PNGB.OB 0.18 0.00
    WTAR.OB 0.109 0.00
    MCET.OB 0.027 0.00
    LFBG.OB 0.095 0.00
    PPTO.OB 0.21 0.00

Mentor
    10-06-2009, 10:01 AM #97
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    I bought it last night in AH trading. 8100shares @ .2619.
    Just looking for a quick flip. Not wanting to hold it forever. Hoping to make back a bit of the money that I've been losing recently with BEHL.

Looks like .27 is offering a bit of support for MESA. Lets hope it doesnt break.
    Looks like an ok break out to the upside, and you got a nice price, there's good support under at .215 - but let's hope you don't need it.

Off to the cafe - things look safe at the moment.

Addict
    10-06-2009, 10:04 AM #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Looks like an ok break out to the upside, and you got a nice price, there's good support under at .215 - but let's hope you don't need it.

Off to the cafe - things look safe at the moment.
    Thx for the quick TA. I always value your opinion on things.

Guru
    10-06-2009, 10:11 AM #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Arggghhh ... Something about the Pinksheets site, clicked on a link and it took down all my tabs ... restarted explorer ... Dog gone it ...

Anyway ... Dr. Dave you were asking about SPNG to SPNGE

09/16/2009
    Effective September 18, 2009, SpongeTech Delivery Systems, Inc. will change its OTCBB stock ticker symbol to SPNGE from SPNG.

More like had their ticker changed. They got slapped with the "e" for being late filing the 10-K. They have always been on the OTC.
    I posted this yesterday, but I will post it again for those who may have missed it. SPNG never changed exchanges...it just had a bad letter attached to it. Here are the letters. They are good to know.

Investopedia FAQs Icon
    What are the fifth-letter identifiers on the Nasdaq?
    All of the companies traded on the Nasdaq have four-lettered tickers, which are representative of the actual company. For example, the ticker symbol for Nasdaq-traded Microsoft is MSFT. However, in some cases, a ticker symbol on the Nasdaq will have five letters where the fifth letter is an identifier symbol that tells market participants something about the company. Below is a list of all of the fifth-letter identifiers on the Nasdaq:

A- Class A Shares
    B- Class B Shares
    C- Issuer Qualification Exception (the company is not meeting all listing requirements but can remain on the exchange for the time being)
    D- New Issue
    E- Delinquent (in regard to SEC filings)
    F- Foreign Issue
    G- First Convertible Bond
    H- Second Convertible Bond
    I- Third Convertible Bond
    J- Voting
    K- Non-voting
    M- Fourth Preferred Issue
    N- Third Preferred Issue
    O- Second Preferred Issue
    P- First Preferred Issue
    Q- Bankruptcy
    R- Rights Issue
    S- Shares of Beneficial Interest
    T- Securities with warrants or rights
    U- Units
    V- When issued or when distributed (shares that are set to split or have another similar pending corporate actions)
    W- Warrants
    Y- American Depository Receipt
    Z or L - Miscellaneous Situation (research is required to investigate the exact reason for the identifier being attached)

Guru
    10-06-2009, 10:15 AM #100
    Mesa Air Group, Inc. to Transfer to The NASDAQ Capital Market
    Date : 10/05/2009 @ 3:28PM
    Source : PR Newswire
    Stock : (MESA)
    Quote : 0.2724 0.0125 (4.81%) @ 10:14AM

Mesa Air Group, Inc. to Transfer to The NASDAQ Capital Market

PHOENIX, Oct. 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Mesa Air Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: MESA) (the "Company") announced today that it has received approval from The NASDAQ Stock Market LLC of the application to transfer the listing of its common stock from The NASDAQ Global Market to The NASDAQ Capital Market. The transfer will be effective at the opening of the market on October 7, 2009. The Company's stock will continue to trade under the symbol MESA with no impact on the ability of investors to trade the stock.

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/19990210/LAW065)

The NASDAQ Capital Market is a continuous trading market that operates in the same manner as The NASDAQ Global Market. All companies listed on The NASDAQ Capital Market must meet certain financial requirements and comply with NASDAQ's corporate governance standards.

In accordance with NASDAQ rules, Mesa expects to be granted an additional 180 days from October 2, 2009, or until April 1, 2010, to demonstrate compliance with the minimum bid price requirement of The NASDAQ Capital Market.

Mesa currently operates 136 aircraft with approximately 800 daily system departures to 126 cities, 40 states, Canada, and Mexico. Mesa operates as Delta Connection, US Airways Express and United Express under contractual agreements with Delta Air Lines, US Airways and United Airlines, respectively, and independently as Mesa Airlines and go!. In June 2006 Mesa launched inter-island Hawaiian service as go!. This operation links Honolulu to the neighbor island airports of Hilo, Kahului, Kona and Lihue. The Company, founded by Larry and Janie Risley in New Mexico in 1982, has approximately 3,700 employees and was awarded Regional Airline of the Year by Air Transport World magazine in 1992 and 2005.

http://www.mesa-air.com/

http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/19990210/LAW065

http://photoarchive.ap.org/

DATASOURCE: Mesa Air Group, Inc.

CONTACT: Brian S. Gillman, EVP & General Counsel of Mesa Air Group,

Inc., +1-602-685-4052,

Web Site: http://www.mesa-air.com/

Page 10 of 57 ... 8910111220 ...