Page 11 of 15 ... 910111213 ...
    Mentor
    10-02-2009, 11:15 AM #101
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Big Ben - you may have a good read on SIRI, but the overall doom and gloom is utter bullshit. I just posted in the "end of the recession?" thread, but I'll spare you the effort of having to go there. My business (making plastic for things like cars, electronics...), is booming right now. We are short on raw material. Dude, this started in July!!! We've had 3 solid months of money making, and October and November look good.

I made a good profit yesterday on SPXU. I'll buy again when we threaten 9800.

Big Flaw in Big Ben's Thesis (doing this while john is busy fending off Handwringer) . .

THE REAL ESTATE MARKET IS NOT NATIONAL!!

I laugh my ass off when CNBC drags out Diana Olick (sp?) to tell us about the median home price change . . or exiting home price declines . . or builder inventory levels . . or Case Schiller comes on with their bullshit housing market survey . .

I don't know where you are located BIG BEN . . but stick to your local MLS market area if you are tracking shadow inventory . . anything beyond local MLS is completely irrelevant.

Builders in northeast are in due diligence and BUYING LAND RIGHT NOW . . and adding to inventory to have approvals done ahead of recovery . . I have personally seen the contract of sale agreements.

Do yourself a favor folks . . when you hear "national housing numbers" think Phoenix, Miami, Las Vegas (all the places that tanked) . . all the heavy spec markets with overbuilt condos . . is that where you live??

CNBC makes me want to throw the tuner through the screen . . just like Elvis . .

Mentor
    10-02-2009, 11:18 AM #102
    where is anybody buying today? I'm looking to add 10k shares

afraid if I wait til Monday it will snap back

Mentor
    10-02-2009, 11:20 AM #103
    Irish . . are you still holding . . or will you add anthing here

I think there is a quick $0.15 sitting on the table right now for the taking

Mentor
    10-02-2009, 11:25 AM #104
    institutional investors rebalance at end of quarter; lock in profits on winners . . hate to send out quarterly portfolio reports with a minus sign

people tend to pull their money when they see a minus sign

institutions will be back buying next week

last week of September is an anomaly

use it to your advantage like the mutual funds do

Mentor
    10-02-2009, 11:29 AM #105
    I'm closing in on homer985

so if anyone has any questions about anything john has posted recently . . or you would just like to double-check his facts . . with just 13 more posts to go I will be as smart as homer985 (unless he has a big flurry of posts) and will be happy to answer all of your questions about john's facts

thank you
    srk

Mentor
    10-02-2009, 11:32 AM #106

hey socal

I'm pulling the 450sl out of the garage today . . yeah, I know . . we ain't got the PCH . . but Ocean Ave ain't too bad either . .

Guru
    10-02-2009, 01:20 PM #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    YES, CORRECT! LOL

fight the good fight john! i got you covered here in intraday while you're in the other theatre of operation . .

Thanks for the back up here in this thread Sirius Roadkill. Sorry to say I bought some back at .59 so it will most likely go even further down. Thats ok because I have been waiting for the 4th Q anyway and because of the CFC program the 3rd Q should not be to bad when taken all into consideration.

As for Havakasha (aka: lloyd), I notice he resorted to what he does many times when he gets cought in a total misunderstanding of what he read or a lie. He says; Ho i was joking. You notice how he waited till after you confirmed what I said before saying he was joking.

Guru
    10-02-2009, 01:29 PM #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Big Flaw in Big Ben's Thesis (doing this while john is busy fending off Handwringer) . .

THE REAL ESTATE MARKET IS NOT NATIONAL!!

I laugh my ass off when CNBC drags out Diana Olick (sp?) to tell us about the median home price change . . or exiting home price declines . . or builder inventory levels . . or Case Schiller comes on with their bullshit housing market survey . .

I don't know where you are located BIG BEN . . but stick to your local MLS market area if you are tracking shadow inventory . . anything beyond local MLS is completely irrelevant.

Builders in northeast are in due diligence and BUYING LAND RIGHT NOW . . and adding to inventory to have approvals done ahead of recovery . . I have personally seen the contract of sale agreements.

Do yourself a favor folks . . when you hear "national housing numbers" think Phoenix, Miami, Las Vegas (all the places that tanked) . . all the heavy spec markets with overbuilt condos . . is that where you live??

CNBC makes me want to throw the tuner through the screen . . just like Elvis . .

Well if you recall I also said anyone can say the mrket is going to come down, the difference is when he started to say it. Unlike Big Ben, who started to say this crap back when the Dow was at 8700. I to would be worried about having to much in the market once the Dow starts to get close to 10,000. I believe I said something like 9,800 is a good start time to worry.

Guru
    10-02-2009, 01:43 PM #109
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Well if you recall I also said anyone can say the mrket is going to come down, the difference is when he started to say it. Unlike Big Ben, who started to say this crap back when the Dow was at 8700. I to would be worried about having to much in the market once the Dow starts to get close to 10,000. I believe I said something like 9,800 is a good start time to worry.
    John, did you ever read Michael Crieghton's (spelling?) book State of Fear? That's Big Ben!! Gotta have something scaring you - the Cold War, Climate Change, the housing market, the dow.................... What a loss it is for him to have passed. He was a truly blessed author.

Guru
    10-02-2009, 03:04 PM #110
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    John, did you ever read Michael Crieghton's (spelling?) book State of Fear? That's Big Ben!! Gotta have something scaring you - the Cold War, Climate Change, the housing market, the dow.................... What a loss it is for him to have passed. He was a truly blessed author.

While I did not read the book, I do know about it and have read some exerts from it. This is part of a post from a link in a thread of an arguement I was having with Havakasha (aka: lloyd).

"I am not alone in this journey against the prevalent myth. Several well-known names have also raised their voices. Michael Crichton, the scientist, writer and filmmaker is one of them. In his latest book, "State of Fear" he takes time to explain, often in surprising detail, the flawed science behind Global Warming and other imagined environmental crises."

by, Tim Ball

Rush L. also has talked about this for years, he says there always has to be some kind of crisis. He also said last year; "You watch what happens they are going to say that we are not done with this flu that it is going to come back even stronger then before." Well well, if that is not what has happen. I think people forget or just dont realize that about 30,000 people die of the normal flu each year. It kind of puts, 4 or 5 hundred deaths from this certain kind of flu, in more of a prespective.

Page 11 of 15 ... 910111213 ...