Page 1 of 15 12311 ...
    09-28-2009, 09:28 AM #1

SIRIUS Weekly Thread Week 09-28-09

Good Morning Everyone,

Last 3 days of September. October begins Wed, unbelievable!

Time for the Michigan weather report. Summer has left town.
    Moved out west, until probably March or April. Who cares
    anyway. Not me! I was getting sick of all those 70 degree
    days and all that sun. Time to toughen up again. Get all
    that snow gear out of storage where it's been for the past 3 months.
    Unlike some states who raise wimps, we here in Michigan know
    what survival is all about. Nothing like shoveling a few feet
    of snow, scrapping and chipping ice and saying a prayer
    the car will start to give a real sense of accomplishment.
    The adventure begins.

This is an invitation to all those lurkers and posters who
    after reading my above post still think you need something
    coherent to say in order to post here. As you can see, not
    so much. Everybody is welcome. We look forward to
    your thoughts, opinions, and ideas. This is what makes
    us a great group here.

Come on, join in!

Julie

P.S. Plus, there's a lot of great smileys to chose from. As you can see I take
    full advantage of that.

09-28-2009, 10:37 AM #2
    I'll just be glad when the market makers decide to drive this stock down so that i can buy in at a cheaper and lower price.You can throw the analysis and reports out the window for that's how this stock works.

I will just continue to wait and be patient.............

Guru
    09-28-2009, 10:44 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jworld View Post
    I'll just be glad when the market makers decide to drive this stock down so that i can buy in at a cheaper and lower price.You can throw the analysis and reports out the window for that's how this stock works.

I will just continue to wait and be patient.............
    That's fair...I just wonder what other people think that never have posted in here before. Anybody is welcome to post, we would love to hear your opinions.

09-28-2009, 10:50 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    That's fair...I just wonder what other people think that never have posted in here before. Anybody is welcome to post, we would love to hear your opinions.

I'm trying Bill, I'm trying. I'm going to go over to the dark side
    and start pleading for people to come over here.

I didn't hear, what's going on with Sirius today, why are we
    dropping. Any news out?

Julie

Guru
    09-28-2009, 10:50 AM #5
    SIRI is getting hammered in a strong green market on the news of a poll that indicates SIRI will go bankrupt. A poll, go figure.

I'd bet my paycheck that the "Steet.com" is on the take from NAB. In the battle between the river and the rock, the river will win through sheer persistance. The NAB is the river. They are trying to kill SIRI through death by 100,000,000 pin pricks.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-28-2009, 10:56 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,

Last 3 days of September. October begins Wed, unbelievable!

Time for the Michigan weather report. Summer has left town.
    Moved out west, until probably March or April. Who cares
    anyway. Not me! I was getting sick of all those 70 degree
    days and all that sun. Time to toughen up again. Get all
    that snow gear out of storage where it's been for the past 3 months.
    Unlike some states who raise wimps, we here in Michigan know
    what survival is all about. Nothing like shoveling a few feet
    of snow, scrapping and chipping ice and saying a prayer
    the car will start to give a real sense of accomplishment.
    The adventure begins.

This is an invitation to all those lurkers and posters who
    after reading my above post still think you need something
    coherent to say in order to post here. As you can see, not
    so much. Everybody is welcome. We look forward to
    your thoughts, opinions, and ideas. This is what makes
    us a great group here.

Come on, join in!

Julie

P.S. Plus, there's a lot of great smileys to chose from. As you can see I take
    full advantage of that.
    Hi Julie,

Hey how bout those Lions? They're looking pretty good! Must make a Michigan girl proud

And I was wondering about your mother..... Since she is so good at cleaning out the frig for you....how is she at snow removal?

Well Julie, I've gotta get down to the beach and put up with that darn sunshine and 80 degree weather.

Have fun!
    Chuck

Addict
    09-28-2009, 11:10 AM #7
    This downturn, no doubt fueled a bit by that ridiculous bk study and then the even more ridiculous 'poll' by thestreet.com, will reverse itself in short order, perhaps not for a few weeks. A buying opportunity for sure. The next CC in early Nov will run us back up.

09-28-2009, 11:16 AM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    SIRI is getting hammered in a strong green market on the news of a poll that indicates SIRI will go bankrupt. A poll, go figure.

I'd bet my paycheck that the "Steet.com" is on the take from NAB. In the battle between the river and the rock, the river will win through sheer persistance. The NAB is the river. They are trying to kill SIRI through death by 100,000,000 pin pricks.
    I agree. I'll bet we close over .60 today
    and will continue to trade in the .60's until q3 reports draw closer. Until then, I expect an array of desperate attempts to take the sp down. I can not believe that any speculation of Sirius going bankrupt is taken siriously at this point. I guess the only logical explaination is that there is still rampant manipulation occuring with Sirius since it remains such an easy target.

Guru
    09-28-2009, 11:30 AM #9
    People spend more time bashing SIRI than they spend constructive time with it. It has always had a bulls-eye painted on its butt, however, it has never failed as has been predicted many many times.

The price always fluctuates with SIRI. I know a lot of you have followed it for a long long time and the way the price reacts is very typical. It goes too far up for the time and then adjusts down and then moves up again and does the same thing, but over time, it keeps going up, even though it goes down a lot from time to time.

I think people expect it to perform on their time-line instead of its time-line and that is what creates frustration. The other thing that creates frustration is that people have been into it at such a high price from a long time ago that they want it to raise in pps asap. That is a legitimate issue. Waiting sucks, but that is all part of the stock-buying equation. It is all a pretty crazy algorithm.

09-28-2009, 11:56 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bdp View Post
    I agree. I'll bet we close over .60 today
    and will continue to trade in the .60's until q3 reports draw closer. Until then, I expect an array of desperate attempts to take the sp down. I can not believe that any speculation of Sirius going bankrupt is taken siriously at this point. I guess the only logical explaination is that there is still rampant manipulation occuring with Sirius since it remains such an easy target.
    There is obviously an agenda by the street.com to push it lower or else they would not have published a poll from their website subscribers. The interesting thing is that is tells the rest of the world that their subscribers to the street.com are grosly uninformed. They should take an effort to guide them instead of taking thier uninformed opinion as a headline to publish. Isn't that what the subscribers are paying them to do? Do you seriously think they would have published such a headline on a stock from one of thier model portfolios that people pay money to subscribe to? Why not just list every stock in cramers portfolio and all of thier model portfolios and take a poll on the same subject then post the results? If you give a multiple choice question, one of the answers has to win the poll. It's manipulative and just not right. If we had a deal with yahoo we could come up with interesting and good news to post everyday, but we don't have that kind of pull and noone would pick up the article because they would discredit us as pumping the stock for our own benefit. How does this make thestreet.com eliglible to post uninformed nonsense. News postings should be limited opinions of professionals, not a poll of 1300 street.com subscribers. And to think I used to be a subscriber. I'm ashamed of myself.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ...