Page 41 of 63 ... 31394041424351 ...
    09-30-2009, 05:46 PM #401
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Guy View Post
    Why not...I say....I'm game...going to lock in profits from my buys on Qasp @.017 & .02 with a sell order at .025, about 100k shares....it's been trading in a range...maybe I could swing trade this thing to recoup all my shares at .032 and .04. I have an etrade margin acct, how many times can I get in and out of qasp without getting restricted? Anyone?
    Andy if you have less than $25k in your account you can make 3 roundtrip day trades in a rolling 5 business days. A round trip is a buy and sell in the same day if you dont do both it doesnt count as a round trip. The 4th time you do a round trip in 5 business days you will be tagged as a pattern day trader and they freeze your account for 90 days (i think). If you have over $25k in you account at the begining of the day you can do as many round trips as you want

09-30-2009, 06:24 PM #402
    Thanks Stang, I'll need to give them a call...I meet that requirement, but only if they count all my accts together. I have two ira's and a margin acct.

I almost meet it with my margin acct alone. I learned the hard way when I first started back with trading.....I got restricted in my Ira acct when I didn't let the stocks clear before selling them again.

Well my plan didn't work today.... I didn't get my sell filled @.025 today on QASP. I'm hoping that it was a sign and tomorrow it shoots thru the roof! And never looks back. Wishful thinking right!
    Last edited by Alaska Guy; 09-30-2009 at 06:27 PM.

09-30-2009, 06:32 PM #403
    Thanks Stang, I'll need to give them a call...I meet that requirement, but only if they count all my accts together. I have two ira's and a margin acct.

I almost meet it with my margin acct alone. I learned the hard way when I first started back with trading.....I got restricted in my Ira acct when I didn't let the stocks clear before selling them again.

Well my plan didn't work today.... I didn't get my sell filled @.025 today on QASP. I'm hoping that it was a sign and tomorrow it shoots thru the roof! And never looks back. Wishful thinking right!
    The account will need to be $25k by itself, I'm 99.9% sure they will not let you do a combined total

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-30-2009, 06:45 PM #404

Andy, I like that shoot through the roof kind of thinking. As soon as I sold today at .0225, it went up and never looked back.

Mentor
    09-30-2009, 06:51 PM #405
    stang

Does the acct need to have a cash balance of 25k or total value of 25k, also...do you have to register as a daytrader...or will it be assumed as long as you meet the $ requirements! And 1 more thing...is there any higher fees associated with a margin acct/daytrading acct?

09-30-2009, 07:01 PM #406
    Quote Originally Posted by stang3O2 View Post
    The account will need to be $25k by itself, I'm 99.9% sure they will not let you do a combined total
    I would have been more than covered if behl stayed above .10!!! My gut feeling is if I day trade this acct, I would lose out in long run!!!! I'm not properly equipped to day trade with my iPhone!!!! 

I dont have access to L2 at work and I hAve fat fingers!!!! I've seen what could happen when your off a decimal point with these pennies, It can turn into an an expensive mistake!
    Last edited by Alaska Guy; 09-30-2009 at 07:05 PM.

09-30-2009, 07:11 PM #407
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    stang

Does the acct need to have a cash balance of 25k or total value of 25k, also...do you have to register as a daytrader...or will it be assumed as long as you meet the $ requirements! And 1 more thing...is there any higher fees associated with a margin acct/daytrading acct?
    My etrade fees actually got lower, but it had to do with how many trades I do in a quarter. 30 or more trades, I pay 9.99 a trade and no extra fees for trading pennies!

Mentor
    09-30-2009, 07:21 PM #408
    My etrade fees actually got lower, but it had to do with how many trades I do in a quarter. 30 or more trades, I pay 9.99 a trade and no extra fees for trading pennies!
    Thanks Andy

Just sent you a pm!

09-30-2009, 07:26 PM #409
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    stang

Just a value of $25k, and you do not have to register just have to have a balance of $25k at the beginning of the day. You should not have any higher fees and in fact sometimes you can call in and talk your broker into lowering the fees since you trade more.

Mentor
    09-30-2009, 07:28 PM #410
    Quote Originally Posted by stang3O2 View Post
    Just a value of $25k, and you do not have to register just have to have a balance of $25k at the beginning of the day. You should not have any higher fees and in fact sometimes you can call in and talk your broker into lowering the fees since you trade more.
    Thanks Stang

BTW who do you have your margin acct with?

Page 41 of 63 ... 31394041424351 ...