Page 14 of 63 ... 4121314151624 ...
    Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-28-2009, 04:11 PM #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Hi All -

So - short on time, scanned posts - any stocks you are looking at besides these? and maybe worldspace?
    GSAE
    HITR
    NBVG
    PMU

ASFX is on a tear - up another 44% today. Maybe dumb, but I've sold into its strength the last 2 days. I've sold 70% of what I had by now. But it keeps on ticking up. I didn't expect it to close on HOD today, it was cutting back a little in the last hour. I still expect a gap and trap at some point as there are too many people holding $100K off of $1K investments. I hope this isn't one of those I shoulda held and made $100K myself. I'm not selling any more unless I can find out I can actually buy more at some point.

I just tried to get into PMU after I made the last ASFX sell, but missed the close. This one, since it's listed, I think I can place a stop on. I'm gonna stop out at 0.25 initially. Hope I can get in at 0.30 or below, but that was today's close. With it being an even number, it may get some oomph tomorrow.
    I've been looking very hard at PMU. It hasn't moved much in the last several days, so we haven't missed anything yet. But, it's on my hot list.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-28-2009, 04:13 PM #132
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Hey!!
    How did you catch up so fast!! No fair, you just hit 100 not too long
    ago. Waaaa. Quit copying me.

Julie
    Julie, I have to have something to do around here. I can't use my pom-pom's for Sirius these days.

So, trying to catch you is my new goal in life. Which only goes to show that I don't have much of a life....lol

Mentor
    09-28-2009, 04:16 PM #133
    Mr. Ramsey - would you enlighten me again on the Mel $2 deal.

My additional buy on SIRI (post the Mel deal date) is going to be sold at a profit, not a loss... so I gotta get ready to inform the broker of a first in, isn't last out.

09-28-2009, 04:23 PM #134
    One of my suspicions is that Liberty, with it's global ties, has the means to supply a native investor for India.

Note: India's version of our FCC rewrote the regulations to require any foreign company to have a minimum of 24% (maybe 26%) native ownership in said company.

Interestingly enough, the India holdings were requested (and awarded) to be left out of the bankruptcy proceedings.

Now, my most desired question is what debt *did* Malone purchase. And, by purchasing said debt, does this reverse or otherwise alter the bk proceedings?

In such case that the bk proceedings were to be cancelled, then I'd be extremely inclined to load up on WRSP!

Ultimately, the presiding judge has final say in what happens with the common stock.

The preferred stock and lien holders have first strike options. Which is how Samara was able to negotiate the option to purchase the company for a measly $28mm.

The fact that Samara wasn't able to find $28MM strikes my conspiracy-theorist mind to believe that there's a lot more to the story. Really? A guy that was able to create a multi-billion dollar company wasn't able to come up with a few million bucks?!?! I don't buy it for a second.

Especially considering that Samara was cut of Sirius cloth. This, combined with having a Sirius man sitting at the FCC + Malone + Mel + Ergen +...man, there's a small circle of big Cats that *are* having conversations outside of class....

I'm rambling...

Ramsey

Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    That is potentially good news for SIRI also. Since it would open the door for them to become a global concern if they are ever merged into Liberty.

Guru
    09-28-2009, 04:24 PM #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Bill, Greg, Candleman ... It's just getting a boost from this bit;

http://www.fmqb.com/article.asp?id=1521004

Definitely a real looong shot, just making mention of it earlier due to the other bs that is on the SIRI attack today.

I am firmly in the trench of buying nada right now. I'm taking the Scottrade approach of "Sell only" - "No buys allowed"
    How does one "effectively" buy something? Honest question... A person just has to be careful of not getting caught in a stock exchange if they go to .V stock from .Q stock. That is the biggest issue of the whole thing. Until that is known, I wouldn't touch it. I wold call their IR and talk with them first.

http://www.fmqb.com/article.asp?id=1521004

Back in February, John Malone and Liberty Media reached an agreement to pump $530 million into Sirius XM Radio, in exchange for a share of the satcaster. Now Rapid TV News reports that Liberty Media has effectively "bought" $102 million worth of bankruptcy claims of global satellite radio provider Worldspace, leading to speculation that something bigger could be in the works.

Worldspace founder Noah Samara had planned to purchase the entire company, which is also facing financial problems, but was unable to come up with enough funds. Similar to the situation early this year with Sirius XM, Malone's Liberty Media has invested more cash to keep the overseas satcaster afloat.

Rapid TV and Orbitcast hypothesize that Malone could combine Sirius XM and Worldspace to potentially launch Sirius XM globally, though such plans are just speculation at this point.

Guru
    09-28-2009, 04:28 PM #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    And wouldn't you know it, there is a stock under that ticker;

http://www.google.com/finance?q=PINK%3ANADA

Check out that volume ... ! Absolutely hilarious
    Where did you find them at? They might be worth a look, lol! It certainly isn't going to go down!

Guru
    09-28-2009, 04:30 PM #137
    Hi All -

So - short on time, scanned posts - any stocks you are looking at besides these? and maybe worldspace?
    GSAE
    HITR
    NBVG
    PMU

ASFX is on a tear - up another 44% today. Maybe dumb, but I've sold into its strength the last 2 days. I've sold 70% of what I had by now. But it keeps on ticking up. I didn't expect it to close on HOD today, it was cutting back a little in the last hour. I still expect a gap and trap at some point as there are too many people holding $100K off of $1K investments. I hope this isn't one of those I shoulda held and made $100K myself. I'm not selling any more unless I can find out I can actually buy more at some point.

I just tried to get into PMU after I made the last ASFX sell, but missed the close. This one, since it's listed, I think I can place a stop on. I'm gonna stop out at 0.25 initially. Hope I can get in at 0.30 or below, but that was today's close. With it being an even number, it may get some oomph tomorrow.
    I will take a look at these...

ASFX is a tiger! Keep running up!

09-28-2009, 04:31 PM #138
    "Mr. Ramsey" ha ha --- that's rich!

...from memory -- I'll find the document later & post if it's okay in this thread.

In a nutshell, any shares purchased on or before May 11, 2009 are guaranteed a minimum of $2 per share in such case that Sirius XM is bought out.

Beyond $2, there is a minimum percentage guaranteed over the current share price.

This expires in 2011.

Bill, et al: Since I'm relatively new to this thread -- I like it here and want to maintain respect to the protocol. Please let me know if discussion of Siri-related information is okay. Thanks!

Mr Ramsey

My additional buy on SIRI (post the Mel deal date) is going to be sold at a profit, not a loss... so I gotta get ready to inform the broker of a first in, isn't last out.

Guru
    09-28-2009, 04:40 PM #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    "Mr. Ramsey" ha ha --- that's rich!

...from memory -- I'll find the document later & post if it's okay in this thread.

In a nutshell, any shares purchased on or before May 11, 2009 are guaranteed a minimum of $2 per share in such case that Sirius XM is bought out.

Beyond $2, there is a minimum percentage guaranteed over the current share price.

This expires in 2011.

Bill, et al: Since I'm relatively new to this thread -- I like it here and want to maintain respect to the protocol. Please let me know if discussion of Siri-related information is okay. Thanks!

Mr Ramsey
    Ramsey,

You can discuss whatever you want in here. We have a great group in here..if something doesn't feel right, somebody will say something. We don't have that problem though.To those unfamiliar with us,we are wide open on discussion materials, which brings me to another point and that is big board stocks are just as welcome as penny stocks here. We just haven't talked about any big boards lately, because we have all ended up doing pennies. In addition, I encourage any lurkers or new people to post in here. Our only thing is to help each other and inform each other..we are a team here. Don't be shy!
    Last edited by billhart22; 09-28-2009 at 04:45 PM.

09-28-2009, 04:47 PM #140
    keeping it 'in house' -- here's a SB discussion thread that should provide a lot of clarity.

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...eholder+rights

I've gotta run, but will check in later...

Ramsey

PS: thanks, Bill, for the clarification. I'm (obviously) a bit gunshy from other forums on the web --- as mentioned, I have a lot of respect for protocol - and in particular, the folks here - and try to maintain a level of decorum that is reflective of good will and intentions.

Page 14 of 63 ... 4121314151624 ...