Page 34 of 63 ... 24323334353644 ...
    09-30-2009, 12:20 PM #331
    G'Mornin' fellas (& Julie, Too)...

I've peeked in a couple of times today --- seems that nothing amazing is happening - with my porfolio, at least - glad to see that the (flight) Suits are bring QASP up to my break even ---

I'm tempted to just pull out...but will hold a little longer. My tentative plan & likely action will be to recoup *my* money and let balance ride. We'll see how I feel on trigger day.

SPNG -- thanks Romo, for taking care of the neighborhood. I must admit that I still need to take care of my 'hood.

You mentioned that you felt that it'd be $0.42 by November's end. I'm leaning towards adding more to my position in the short term, while it's under a dime.

Maybe I should bring QASP over for some bubble fun?!? ---

WRSP-Q

I'm getting a kick out of it. I keep seeing these $40 trades.

As mentioned, the ONLY reason that I bought it was so that I would be responsible to *protect* my money by continuing to do my diligence.

There've been plenty of folks that tease me about it -- which is fine. I just know that I probably wouldn't concern myself with it, otherwise.

Anyway, $40 really isn't worth the time in any other case IMO -- so, are there other folks that buy a miniscule amount of stocks just to make themselves look at it? I wonder...

My son is home from school today -- he decided that it was a good idea to yell at a friend, yesterday, to the point that the friend cried. So, today, I'm allowing him the opportunity to realize the difference between a day spent doing letters in his room rather than a day with his friends funny how he wasn't pleased when I let him know that I could find other ways to spend the money that we spend on his school

He says - to my wife - "Mama, Papa says that I'm not going to college...and that makes me sad".

Mama: "Son, your father said that doing well in school was your choice - that if your goal is to do well in college, it starts with learning how to listen and be nice in school"

Son: "well, I don't want him to spend my college money"

Yeah, he's four. So, it's not exactly like I'm over concerned about college just yet. He does attend a reasonably progressive school @ my alma mater -- which is why college comes into the conversation -- lots of PhD wanna be and soon_to_be's do research there --- so there is a lot of questions from the kids about what it's like to be in college & why it's important.

...we get our money's worth...

It's fun being a Papa

Rams

PS: I warned you guys (and Julie, Too) that I was country - shoulda guessed that I'd be long-winded...

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-30-2009, 12:26 PM #332
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsandy View Post
    Hey folks, I've been outta the rooms for some time. Lots going on at work and no playtime. However, the fog is lifting and I have some dry powder that I would like to use to "pick the bastards pockets"

See, I've been paying attention. I'm in total agreement that a change in strategy is appropriate. BCLE, BEHL and EVFL are all longs, if not long shots..lol, at this point. I'd like to swing to the tune of 10-30% in a weeks time, etc.

I've noticed the chat about ASFX, QASP and some others over the past day or so. ASFX and QASP are both up double-digits today, probably too late to enter without confirmation of a pullback

...any good entry plays on the radar?

Thanks in advance...
    Hey Sandy, As always this is all at a big risk, but here is what's happening for me today and yesterday.

GSAE has been swinging very well both days. Yesterday it moved from .90 to 1.76, but it bounced up and down all day long. Today the movement seems to be between .85 and 1.00

I was in and out of it 3 times yesterday for a total 80% return. Today, I bought at .87 and sold at 1.00, I'll buy again for anything in the .90 to .92 range and hopefully turn it at least twice for 6 to 8 cents each time. So, that at the end of the day, I hope for an easy 25 to 45% return on a $1400. investment. I do this is 1400 share increments. That way even if it only moves a nickle, I still make 60 or 80 bucks.

And that's my whacky way of doing things! It might be worth giving it a try.

Enthusiast
    09-30-2009, 12:26 PM #333
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    I don't know....and would hate to say right at this time. Especially since it is such a "High Dollar" stock here, lol.

I am checking into the dividend cutoff date. That is what interests me.
    Fari enough.

Enthusiast
    09-30-2009, 12:27 PM #334
    Fari enough.
    Ooops.. Meant Fair Enough..sorry.

Enthusiast
    09-30-2009, 12:30 PM #335
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Hey Sandy, As always this is all at a big risk, but here is what's happening for me today and yesterday.

GSAE has been swinging very well both days. Yesterday it moved from .90 to 1.76, but it bounced up and down all day long. Today the movement seems to be between .85 and 1.00

I was in and out of it 3 times yesterday for a total 80% return. Today, I bought at .87 and sold at 1.00, I'll buy again for anything in the .90 to .92 range and hopefully turn it at least twice for 6 to 8 cents each time. So, that at the end of the day, I hope for an easy 25 to 45% return on a $1400. investment. I do this is 1400 share increments. That way even if it only moves a nickle, I still make 60 or 80 bucks.

And that's my whacky way of doing things! It might be worth giving it a try.
    Thanks Candleman:

I've spent my life honing my 'whacky' skills. I like the way you think. I'm more into swinging a day to 3 or 4 because I can't consistently be at my computer. Thanks for your insight though...hopefully when/if BCLE & BEHL wake up I can retire and play the market for fun and profit...lol.

later,

Guru
    09-30-2009, 12:31 PM #336
    Ooops.. Meant Fair Enough..sorry.
    That's o.k., I just thought it was a Mid-Eastern word. That shows you what I know.

Enthusiast
    09-30-2009, 12:33 PM #337
    That's o.k., I just thought it was a Mid-Eastern word. That shows you what I know.
    lol..just didn't want you to think i was blowing pixie dust and fari's your way!!!!

09-30-2009, 12:34 PM #338
    Hey Sandy,

I have a sell in for .025 on Qasp. I am tired of screwing with it. I can pick up another stock rather quickly.

Some of these might be a little late, but feel free to check them out.
    Why not...I say....I'm game...going to lock in profits from my buys on Qasp @.017 & .02 with a sell order at .025, about 100k shares....it's been trading in a range...maybe I could swing trade this thing to recoup all my shares at .032 and .04. I have an etrade margin acct, how many times can I get in and out of qasp without getting restricted? Anyone?
    Last edited by Alaska Guy; 09-30-2009 at 12:48 PM.

09-30-2009, 12:40 PM #339
    Hey folks, I've been outta the rooms for some time. Lots going on at work and no playtime. However, the fog is lifting and I have some dry powder that I would like to use to "pick the bastards pockets"

See, I've been paying attention. I'm in total agreement that a change in strategy is appropriate. BCLE, BEHL and EVFL are all longs, if not long shots..lol, at this point. I'd like to swing to the tune of 10-30% in a weeks time, etc.

I've noticed the chat about ASFX, QASP and some others over the past day or so. ASFX and QASP are both up double-digits today, probably too late to enter without confirmation of a pullback

...any good entry plays on the radar?

Thanks in advance...
    I will say this about ASFX , it has been slowly trending up day by day now with no huge spikes with higher HOD each day and only small dips on profit taking with some consolidation each day. You might still wanna consider this , I think it is still a short term double at these prices. Other boards say something is in the works here !

09-30-2009, 12:42 PM #340
    Quote Originally Posted by BTR View Post
    I will say this about ASFX , it has been slowly trending up day by day now with no huge spikes with higher HOD each day and only small dips on profit taking with some consolidation each day. You might still wanna consider this , I think it is still a short term double at these prices. Other boards say something is in the works here !
    Oh yea , and I am up $20K just today .

Page 34 of 63 ... 24323334353644 ...