Page 1 of 52 1231151 ...
    Guru
    09-20-2009, 11:13 PM #1

Market Watch - week of Sept. 21st 2009

Check last week's thread to catch up. I am sorry that we had to end the thread for last week. It was a light week and kind of spotty. Actually, there is tons of great information there to continue with and unanswered posts.

Anyway, here is the new thread for the week.

Anybody that is reading or lurking in this thread is welcome to post. We are a very peaceful investment team here and we all help each other in any way that we can.

If this is your first time here...then welcome!

From the crew that resides within these walls...have fun and help each other learn and hopefully succeed!

Disclaimer for this thread: Always do your own due diligence (research). None of we people in here are investment advisers or brokers, or anything that resembles a professional when it comes to dealing with stocks. If you have any questions about any stock or anything said in here, check it out with your broker. We are just a bunch of people trying to make some money, just like anyone else. What you do is your sole responsibility and not mine or that of anyone else that posts in here. This is simply a discussion group and nothing more. Stocks are very risky and you could lose all of your money. Seek professional advice before doing anything whatsoever. We are amateurs in here and are wrong most of the time. Do not take any chances with our advice to each other or our self-seeking and self-fulfilling comments.
    Last edited by billhart22; 09-20-2009 at 11:21 PM.

Guru
    09-20-2009, 11:25 PM #2
    Hey Guys,

I hope that this week is more exciting than last week. I guess it is about time to do some more stock fishing. If you come up with any good ones then please post them so we can scrutinize them.

We'll take a look at anything that has a pulse.

09-21-2009, 06:43 AM #3
    Well, last week i couldnt get a buy in for mglg at 3, so i took the money, (about 150$) and threw it at a stock being hyped on the shrub. I only did a little DD, nothing terribly independent or probing, but it looks promising. The stock is CXAC, and I think the best bit of DD I can point to about it is that they are a trip zero stock with a product selling on oprah.com and getting good reviews.
    The one thing I am not sure about is the share structure: Authorized Shares (AS) = 6,500,000,000
    Outstanding Shares (OS) = 6,499,953,268

I never see these 2 numbers this close to each other. can anyone explain what this means? They only have 47k more shares they can sell to raise funds? It looks to me from reading shrubbery, that there are a lot of people who have been waiting for this product and the subsequent marketing campaign to start. Please look it over and post your thoughts.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-21-2009, 08:21 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by thetree View Post
    Well, last week i couldnt get a buy in for mglg at 3, so i took the money, (about 150$) and threw it at a stock being hyped on the shrub. I only did a little DD, nothing terribly independent or probing, but it looks promising. The stock is CXAC, and I think the best bit of DD I can point to about it is that they are a trip zero stock with a product selling on oprah.com and getting good reviews.
    The one thing I am not sure about is the share structure: Authorized Shares (AS) = 6,500,000,000
    Outstanding Shares (OS) = 6,499,953,268

I never see these 2 numbers this close to each other. can anyone explain what this means? They only have 47k more shares they can sell to raise funds? It looks to me from reading shrubbery, that there are a lot of people who have been waiting for this product and the subsequent marketing campaign to start. Please look it over and post your thoughts.
    As for CXAC, this is another one of those stocks that is a no buy, just sell due to clearing restrictions at Scottrade.

Mentor
    09-21-2009, 08:34 AM #5
    Morning guy's ...

How bout them Niners and Bronco's ?

Spent some time yesterday reading the weekend version of QASP at the shrub and got to hand it to them, some pretty good DD\speculation even if I remain a hair suspicious ... it may be just a more glossy and polished pumping, at least it was intelligent, without all the children interrupting. There are few over there ... brikk is pretty much on the ball, a link he threw out about Roll-Up Strategies;

http://reverseshellmerger.com/2007/0...l-up-strategy/

Should be an interesting week not only for QASP but the saga that is the sponges ...

Guru
    09-21-2009, 09:47 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    As for CXAC, this is another one of those stocks that is a no buy, just sell due to clearing restrictions at Scottrade.
    It seems like that list just keeps on getting longer..

Guru
    09-21-2009, 09:50 AM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Morning guy's ...

How bout them Niners and Bronco's ?

Spent some time yesterday reading the weekend version of QASP at the shrub and got to hand it to them, some pretty good DD\speculation even if I remain a hair suspicious ... it may be just a more glossy and polished pumping, at least it was intelligent, without all the children interrupting. There are few over there ... brikk is pretty much on the ball, a link he threw out about Roll-Up Strategies;

http://reverseshellmerger.com/2007/0...l-up-strategy/

Should be an interesting week not only for QASP but the saga that is the sponges ...
    Hey Tib,

The Niners and Broncos rocked yesterday. It was a pleasant surprise!
    I was actually really shocked. The NY Giants, Ravens and Steelers played really well also.

QASP could get interesting this week. I suppose I should get my level 2 going here...

Guru
    09-21-2009, 09:58 AM #8
    QASP is looking good this morning...so far .0325

09-21-2009, 10:04 AM #9
    Good morning, Fellas...And Julie, Too...too

now that I've said "hi" in a happy tone...I'll dispense with the rant

Arrrghhh...I really get irritated with rules, regs, and policies that (I feel) are somewhat antiquated --- at least, when considering the current level of instantaneous transactional technologies.

What? I transferred $X.xx on the early morning of the 18th. TDA still doesn't have the $ cleared for trading on "non-marginable" securities.

Perhaps my irritation is with myself -- I should have known not to do it *that* way...I should have just wired the damn money.

aye yai yai

Well, I guess that means that I can do my *other* work today...

Have a great day, folks...

Ramsey

PS: My wife will be saying that it's The Universe *helping* me with the stock market by forcing me to wait until *after* 9/22 & the future of Sponge is more defined ;-)
    Last edited by Ramsey; 09-21-2009 at 10:12 AM.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-21-2009, 10:12 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    Good morning, Fellas...And Julie, Too...too

now that I've said "hi" in a happy tone...I'll dispense with the rant

Arrrghhh...I really get irritated with rules, regs, and policies that (I feel) are somewhat antiquated --- at least, when considering the current level of instantaneous transactional technologies.

What? I transferred $X.xx on the early morning of the 18th. TDA still doesn't have the $ cleared for trading on "non-marginable" securities.

Perhaps my irritation is with myself -- I should have known not to do it *that* way...I should have just wired the damn money.

aye yai yai

Well, I guess that means that I can do my *other* work today...

Have a great day, folks...

Ramsey

PS: My wife will be saying that it's The Universe *helping* me with the stock market
    Ramsey,
    I use a margin account, specificly for the purpose of depositing funds and then being able to trade on them before they clear. A margin account can be a very good tool to use as long as you don't start to think that it's your own money. The margin account also clears the way for day trading. Sometimes I'll buy and sell the same stock 2 or 3 times a day as it swings in price. The margin account makes that possible.

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ...