09-28-2009, 12:10 PM #43
    LOL

There does seem to be a few disfunctional posts this morning....LOL

Guru
    09-28-2009, 12:11 PM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    LOL

There does seem to be a few disfunctional posts this morning....LOL
    Ya, but at least the guy posted a lot of different ones...more variety, lol.

09-28-2009, 12:15 PM #45
    I'm thinking that *my* company needs more acquisitions, too.

I've been honing the argument for a while now --- on how a disabled photographer can justify spending $10k on a couple of new lenses. The operative words are "disabled" & "argument".

Notes:

1. The wife is a high level member of the board of directors
    2. The term "argument" is a part of my forward thinking statement and is used in, at least, two versions of definition.

One of the lenses that I *need* is a 400mm -- I'm thinking that the kid needs to take a strong interest in soccer ;-)

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...4&modelid=7319

Ideas are appreciated -- but please, I'm only interested in hearing suggestions from guys that are married - at least five years - and interested in continuing to be married, to the same woman

Ramsey

Quote Originally Posted by investyoung View Post
    2 more acquisitions! Nice

Guru
    09-28-2009, 12:18 PM #46
    Was that picture taken from space, or what? lol

Mentor
    09-28-2009, 12:31 PM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    And so QASP takes off like the jets they build.

JACKSONVILLE, FL, Sep 28, 2009 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- Quasar Aerospace
    Industries, Inc. (PINKSHEETS: QASP) is pleased to announce the start of our
    previously announced Stock Buy Back Plan on Monday, September 28, 2009. The
    company was delayed for a few days because our primary bank could not open a
    securities trading account for Quasar in a timely basis. Fortunately Deutsche
    Bank in San Francisco and NYC came to our rescue. We received final approval on
    Thursday afternoon and will be starting today.

On Tuesday of last week a critical meeting was held regarding our recently
    announced acquisitions. Quasar Aerospace Industries CEO, Dean Bradley, and
    Senior Vice President for Administration, Lisa Betros, were in Kansas with the
    executives for two of our acquisitions along with the legal teams for those
    companies. Also attending were attorneys for Quasar coming in from Seattle and
    Philadelphia. In this series of meetings we were able to complete the Definitive
    Acquisition Agreements, the employment contracts for key employees, and the
    incentive plans for the employees of the subsidiaries. Also discussed was a new
    opportunity that will potentially become part of Quasar Aerospace Industries.

On Monday, September 21, 2009 executives from our wholly owned subsidiary,
    Atlantic Aviation, took delivery of a pristine Piper Seminole for $89,000, which
    is an excellent twin engine trainer. Atlantic Aviation President and Chief
    Flight Instructor, Joshua Henderson, and Atlantic Aviation's Director of
    Aircraft Maintenance, Raymond Frez, raved about the plane after their cross
    country flight with the aircraft. In the present economic environment now is an
    ideal time to be adding to the fleet.

We have been asked what Redbird simulator we purchased and installed at the
    Herlong Airport, it is their FMX Model. We are pleased to announce that we
    purchased this top of the line unit for $80,000. We are so pleased with it that
    we have now ordered a second identical unit.

The company is on track to execute our business plan. The management team is
    working diligently to complete the first four acquisitions, and will then
    proceed on two more acquisitions shortly thereafter.
    Outstanding!

This lends some credibility to a few guy's on the shrub who had received emails in regards to this and even a few that were speculating about why Dean was in Kansas ...

OK, now I am all full of pixie dust and happy feelings again ... LOL!

09-28-2009, 12:32 PM #48
    I was afraid of something like this...gotta be careful about smacking the hand of the powers_that_be...

There *just_may* be more opportunities to get discounted shares...

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...rPuw8oFLU0DNaN

SEC looks for SpongeTech stain
    By KAJA WHITEHOUSE
    Last Updated: 3:57 AM, September 28, 2009
    Posted: 1:28 AM, September 28, 2009
    PRINT EMAIL
    SpongeTech, a New York sponge maker that advertises at Yankee Stadium and Citi Field, is being investigated by the Securities and Exchange Commission for possible securities law violations.

In an 8-K filed with the SEC late Friday, the maker of sponges with soap already in them said it "received a formal order of investigation" regarding possible securities laws violations on Sept. 18. Its officers and directors have also received subpoenas for documents, the filing said.

The formal investigation comes as the company struggles to file its financial report for the fiscal year ended in May because its former auditor, Drakeford and Drakeford, is no longer accredited with the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board.

Earlier this month, The Post reported that the SEC had flagged SpongeTech's financial statements for the last two years because of problems with the company's auditor.

SpongeTech has hired Robison Hill to audit the 2009 results and Deloitte and Touche to work on the company's 2010 financials.

Deloitte's work with SpongeTech "cannot commence" until the company files its 2009 annual report with the SEC, Deloitte spokesman Keith Lindenburg told The Post, contradicting previous statements by SpongeTech CEO Michael Metter that Deloitte will oversee Robison's work on the 2009 audit.

SpongeTech has not responded to requests for comment.

Mentor
    09-28-2009, 12:36 PM #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    I'm thinking that *my* company needs more acquisitions, too.

I've been honing the argument for a while now --- on how a disabled photographer can justify spending $10k on a couple of new lenses. The operative words are "disabled" & "argument".

Notes:

1. The wife is a high level member of the board of directors
    2. The term "argument" is a part of my forward thinking statement and is used in, at least, two versions of definition.

One of the lenses that I *need* is a 400mm -- I'm thinking that the kid needs to take a strong interest in soccer ;-)

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...4&modelid=7319

Ideas are appreciated -- but please, I'm only interested in hearing suggestions from guys that are married - at least five years - and interested in continuing to be married, to the same woman

Ramsey
    Ramsey, that is pretty darn funny ... !

On the wife thing and I know Bill will back me up on this ... "Yes, dear" is the fail safe and often ambigious statement that will keep you out of trouble and commitment if you play it right ...

Mentor
    09-28-2009, 12:40 PM #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    I was afraid of something like this...gotta be careful about smacking the hand of the powers_that_be...

There *just_may* be more opportunities to get discounted shares...

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...rPuw8oFLU0DNaN

SEC looks for SpongeTech stain
    By KAJA WHITEHOUSE
    Last Updated: 3:57 AM, September 28, 2009
    Posted: 1:28 AM, September 28, 2009
    PRINT EMAIL
    SpongeTech, a New York sponge maker that advertises at Yankee Stadium and Citi Field, is being investigated by the Securities and Exchange Commission for possible securities law violations.

In an 8-K filed with the SEC late Friday, the maker of sponges with soap already in them said it "received a formal order of investigation" regarding possible securities laws violations on Sept. 18. Its officers and directors have also received subpoenas for documents, the filing said.

The formal investigation comes as the company struggles to file its financial report for the fiscal year ended in May because its former auditor, Drakeford and Drakeford, is no longer accredited with the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board.

Earlier this month, The Post reported that the SEC had flagged SpongeTech's financial statements for the last two years because of problems with the company's auditor.

SpongeTech has hired Robison Hill to audit the 2009 results and Deloitte and Touche to work on the company's 2010 financials.

Deloitte's work with SpongeTech "cannot commence" until the company files its 2009 annual report with the SEC, Deloitte spokesman Keith Lindenburg told The Post, contradicting previous statements by SpongeTech CEO Michael Metter that Deloitte will oversee Robison's work on the 2009 audit.

SpongeTech has not responded to requests for comment.
    You lost me at "NY Post ..." ... These guy's are pretty sleazy, tabloidesque ...

Man, the sponges are becoming the new SiriusXM, maybe we will get lucky and they can draw off some heat ... (Sorry guy's, couldn't help it)

Page 5 of 63 ... 345671555 ...