Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Yes new study on global cooling by the UN,s own global warming sceintist.

  1. #21
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Not everyone agrees with you about FOX. LOL. Please read.

    http://mediamatters.org/research/200907010013

    I laugh every time i think of i had more commone sense than Lloyd.
    Just trying to have a little fun with you John. I know, i know your not really known for your sense of humor. Too bad.

    Once again I have said time and time again you want to be taken seriously and you put up "mediamatters.org". They have been found to be a left wing organization that has been known to cut and paste comments to fit there leftest agenda. Rush has several comments that he has put up and on the air where they have out and out butchered comments the problem is he plays the full comment to show how media matters is not a source anyone should follow yet look at where many of the MSM get their comments from if that does not prove the bias in the MSM nothing will that is why FOX news has more viewers then most of the other news outlets combined. People are not as dumb as you are Lloyd.

  2. #22
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Can you please show me where only 40% of CLIMATE SCIENTISTS believe in global warming? Only INDEPENDENT studies please. No conservative think tanks like heritage foundation and or Fox News in the tank, think tanks.

    Here go down the page that should do it.

    http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...A-EDF6D8150789

  3. #23
    Havakasha is offline
    Sorry but you didnt tear any hybrid study to pieces.You think you did. Big difference. You are in complete denial.
    How many hybrids, hybrid plug-ins, and electrics do you think will be on the road in 10 years, 15 years and 20 years from now? All those people buying them every day now are not "laughable" john.

    You say that hydrogen cars will be taking over the market by the time Hybrids are economical? Some hybrids are economical now. How much does the cheapest hybrid cost? $19,000 or thereabouts. The prices will be coming down. Wait till the Chinese car industry starts mass producing them How much does a hydrogen car cost right now? Hundreds of thousands of dollars.How many hydrogen cars are on the road? How many hybrids are on the road? Every year that goes by will add more hybrids to the road and at cheaper cost. How many hydrogen cars will be on the road in 10, 15, 20 years?
    No contest now and the disparity is growing every day. Your logic is completely faulty.
    Oh and by the way do you support the Govt subsidies that have been going to the making of hydrogen cars right now? LOL>


    You will always try to squirm out of the truth but the facts about hybrids will stare you in the face each and every year that passes.

  4. #24
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Sorry but you didnt tear any hybrid study to pieces.You think you did. Big difference. You are in complete denial.
    How many hybrids, hybrid plug-ins, and electrics do you think will be on the road in 10 years, 15 years and 20 years from now? All those people buying them every day now are not "laughable" john.

    You say that hydrogen cars will be taking over the market by the time Hybrids are economical? Some hybrids are economical now. How much does the cheapest hybrid cost? $19,000 or thereabouts. The prices will be coming down. Wait till the Chinese car industry starts mass producing them How much does a hydrogen car cost right now? Hundreds of thousands of dollars.How many hydrogen cars are on the road? How many hybrids are on the road? Every year that goes by will add more hybrids to the road and at cheaper cost. How many hydrogen cars will be on the road in 10, 15, 20 years?
    No contest now and the disparity is growing every day. Your logic is completely faulty.
    Oh and by the way do you support the Govt subsidies that have been going to the making of hydrogen cars right now? LOL>


    You will always try to squirm out of the truth but the facts about hybrids will stare you in the face each and every year that passes.


    Are you kidding me, I ripped it to shreads (goto post 15):

    http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...?t=2442&page=2


    Now for the short version of that. First as I said they had to throw diesel into the mix and yet dont ever say what the percentage of their study includes diesel (as discussed diesel is not a hybrid). Next they say other things have to be included besides the cost of the cars and the cost fuel economy, that things like insurance, taxes, and registration along with maintenance and resale will bring the cost of a hybrid down in the end. Now as I said it is funny because of the 5, the are 3 that I know of and those 3 are more expensive for hybrids (simply because hybrids cost more to buy): Sales tax gos up the higher price you pay for something, registration in Michigan gos up the higher price you pay for a car, insurance gos up the higher the price of a car. There were many other examples of just that kind of misrepresentation I pointed out.



    As for why I believe hydrogen cars will be the car of the future is because it is the solution that takes care of most of the problems of oil all in one shot. It is the end solution. As for what they cost now, why dont you look back at what some of the very first hybrids cost dumbass. Even most of your leftest buddies think it is the end result and hybrids are just a step gap to the time when we get there. The difference is I dont think we need the cost of hybrids and that drilling for more oil will get us there at a much less cost.


    I think all government subidies should be gone. By the way when you talk about the subidies the oil companies get why dont you talk about all the taxes the oil and gas companies pay to the government. I think you find those taxes far far far far excede the subidies they get. So if you want to get rid of the small amount of subidies they get then lets get rid of just half of the taxes they also pay. Opps then there gos a multitude of the social programs. The subidies you like to talk about that the oil companies get is not money the government just gives them like they do for solar, wind, hybrids it is just less money the government takes from the oil companies in taxes.
    Last edited by john; 09-27-2009 at 04:51 PM.

  5. #25
    Havakasha is offline
    You champion hydrogen though it has been supported by govt subsidies starting in the bush administration. You think all subsidies should be done away with but hydrogen car progress in this country is inseperable from those subsidies. Just seems a wee bit hypocritical.

  6. #26
    Havakasha is offline
    Once again you say you oppose all subsidies. Can you show me where you ever opposed subsidies to the oil, gas, coal, and nuclear industries.
    Now you seem to be arguing that the subsidies to these industries were small relative to their taxes therefore maybe you can make an exception. Just seems a wee bit hypocritical dont you think?

  7. #27
    Havakasha is offline
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/27/op...dman.html?_r=1

    http://www.hybridcars.com/news/china...ket-26121.html

    You still oppose the US moving quickly into solar and wind after reading Thomas Friedman?

    You still say hybrids wont be economical in 20 years after reading about the Chinese car company that Warren Buffet has an investment in?

    Just curious.

  8. #28
    Havakasha is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Are you kidding me, I ripped it to shreads (goto post 15):

    http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthre...?t=2442&page=2


    Now for the short version of that. First as I said they had to throw diesel into the mix and yet dont ever say what the percentage of their study includes diesel (as discussed diesel is not a hybrid). Next they say other things have to be included besides the cost of the cars and the cost fuel economy, that things like insurance, taxes, and registration along with maintenance and resale will bring the cost of a hybrid down in the end. Now as I said it is funny because of the 5, the are 3 that I know of and those 3 are more expensive for hybrids (simply because hybrids cost more to buy): Sales tax gos up the higher price you pay for something, registration in Michigan gos up the higher price you pay for a car, insurance gos up the higher the price of a car. There were many other examples of just that kind of misrepresentation I pointed out.



    As for why I believe hydrogen cars will be the car of the future is because it is the solution that takes care of most of the problems of oil all in one shot. It is the end solution. As for what they cost now, why dont you look back at what some of the very first hybrids cost dumbass. Even most of your leftest buddies think it is the end result and hybrids are just a step gap to the time when we get there. The difference is I dont think we need the cost of hybrids and that drilling for more oil will get us there at a much less cost.


    I think all government subidies should be gone. By the way when you talk about the subidies the oil companies get why dont you talk about all the taxes the oil and gas companies pay to the government. I think you find those taxes far far far far excede the subidies they get. So if you want to get rid of the small amount of subidies they get then lets get rid of just half of the taxes they also pay. Opps then there gos a multitude of the social programs. The subidies you like to talk about that the oil companies get is not money the government just gives them like they do for solar, wind, hybrids it is just less money the government takes from the oil companies in taxes.
    They list hybrids and diesels that save you money over time. That demonstrates honesty nothing more. They could have excluded diesels from this analysis and shown only hybrids at the top of the list in terms of money saved and then you would have argued WHAT ABOUT DIESELS. lol.
    The study is completely transparent about all the costs so i dont understand where you have a true problem. You just dont want to believe it because then you would be at least 20 years off in your analysis.

  9. #29
    Havakasha is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Here go down the page that should do it.

    http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...A-EDF6D8150789

    Thats actually the INHOFE PRESS BLOG. An extreme right winger. He is the biggest crackpot in the Senate. I will show where even a right wing blogger cant handle the lies and stupidity of these points of view.

    http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/20...rming-Deniers-

  10. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •