Page 3 of 4 1234
    Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-25-2009, 04:02 PM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    No, I laughed at people like you, that is why I am retired at such a young age because my father tought me to THINK, to have common sense and logic. He tought me to be 3 steps ahead of everyone else so that when they think they have you you are still way ahead of them.

Here is another example among many. Hey who was telling you all that there was going to be global cooling in the next 10 to 20 years. That was way before (go check out the post on this subject and the dates of them) "Mojib Latif" decided to change his mind on global warming. Am I more intelligent then him, no I am just 2 steps ahead of him still.

Now after looking at them you have to be impressed.

The fact is I crush you when it comes to logic, that is why I crush you on every issue I debate you on. Just like I did here. The problem is you people have a double standard and until you can release that, you will always lose. You cant have it both ways. You will never be able to argue with logic if you think you can.
    Oh John, I am just crushed. Completely crushed.

Mentor
    09-25-2009, 04:05 PM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Candleman

BTW- are you making any cash today!
    Let me see, how do I put this....um....

HELL NO!

Thanks for asking, I hope it was a better day for you!

Guru
    09-25-2009, 04:13 PM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    John, you keep saying things like you people and your kind. John, I've never lived in Mass. I have never voted for Senator Kennedy. It would be nice of you to quit lumping all people that have different viewpoints than you into one group.

The fact here is that the people of Mass. now have the old law back that the Republican Party liked. And now, the people of Mass. will be represented in Congress as all Americans should be. That's the fact!

Thats because I have common sense, and logic. I know you from the post you have put up, I know your type, like I knew Lloyd was Havakasha, 2 days after Havakasha started to post. People like you think a double standard is ok as long as it is the democrat party doing it. I on the other hand and people like me dont we dont care where the double standard comes from we dont care for it. That is why Trent Lott resigned from the head of the rebublican party after making even a small reference to being racist. You guys have no problem keeping someone like Sen Bird as the head of your party even after he was found to be the head of his chapter of the KKK.

Your type promote people when they do things like that. Rep. Conors is a clear example of that, we on the other hand hold them accountable.

Guru
    09-25-2009, 04:16 PM #24
    Oh John, I am just crushed. Completely crushed.

Trust my common sense and logic here candleman, you are not the only one that thinks so.

09-25-2009, 05:01 PM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Lloyd

I get worked up over these things because it is ethically wrong! Liberals cried and cried and cried when a hanging chad supposedly caused them to lose the 2004 election...Now when their is blatant manipulation of the law to push and agenda...it is all in the best interest of the people of MA...

Also, no liberal outrage with the voter fraud purported by ACORN in multiple states which in my opinion allowed the liberals to steal the 2008 election!

No liberal outrage with the tax fraud purported by the OBAMA administration!
    No liberal outrage with the tax fraud purported by ACORN in the videos!

That can only lead me to conclude that liberals have no ethics!

BTW-gay commentor is and idiot!

LA Times report further undermines ACORN videographers' credibility
    September 24, 2009 9:03 pm ET — 21 Comments

On September 23, Los Angeles Times media critic James Rainey reported that ACORN official Lavelle Stewart "told me this week" that when conservative videographers James O'Keefe and Hannah Giles came to Stewart's ACORN office in Los Angeles disguised as a pimp and prostitute, Stewart "tried to get the 'prostitute,' who claimed she had been beaten by her pimp, to go to a women's center." Stewart's reported statement and a police report filed by officials at ACORN's Philadelphia office undermine O'Keefe's and Giles' claims that they were never rebuffed at any of the ACORN offices they visited, and the videographers have yet to release the Los Angeles and Philadelphia videos.

ACORN's Stewart reportedly said: "The fact she was not taking the help I offered ... raised a red flag"
    From Rainey's September 23 Los Angeles Times column:
    And visits to other ACORN offices have gone almost entirely unmentioned. Lavelle Stewart, a fair-housing coordinator in the group's Los Angeles office, told me this week that she tried to get the "prostitute," who claimed she had been beaten by her pimp, to go to a women's center.
    "The fact she was not taking the help I offered her made me think something was not right," Stewart said. "It raised a red flag."

Evidence undermines videographers' claims that they were not rebuffed at any ACORN office
    LA, Philadelphia accounts rebut videographers' claims that they were not rebuffed at any ACORN office. O'Keefe, Giles, and Andrew Breitbart, who publicized the videos, appeared on Fox News programs to claim that the videographers were never turned away at any ACORN office. But those claims are undermined by Rainey's report of what happened at the Los Angeles office and the fact that officials at ACORN's Philadelphia office contacted the police in response to O'Keefe's appearance there.
    Philadelphia ACORN Housing official: "[W]e called the police and filed this report." In a YouTube video, Katherine Conway Russell, ACORN Housing Corp.'s Philadelphia office director, stated that O'Keefe visited the office "[l]ast July" with "another woman." Russell stated that "[a]fter asking several general questions, [O'Keefe] began to veer off into suspicious territory." Russell said that O'Keefe eventually "asked about bringing girls from El Salvador and getting them papers, et cetera," but that "I told them that there was nothing we could do to help them, that I didn't know anything about what they were asking about. ... I then told them that they had to leave." Russell also said that after she contacted another ACORN official and it became clear that O'Keefe "lied to get his appointment," they contacted the police. ACORN also released a copy of the police report, which claimed that "James O'Keefe" created a "verbal disturbance" at the ACORN office.

San Diego ACORN official also reported duo to police following encounter. In a September 22 article, the Associated Press reported that California police said an ACORN worker contacted them about "possible human smuggling":

Police say a worker with the activist group ACORN who was caught on video giving advice about human smuggling to a couple posing as a pimp and a prostitute had reported the incident to authorities.

National City police said Monday that Juan Carlos Vera contacted his cousin, a police detective, to get advice on what to with information on possible human smuggling.

Vera was secretly filmed on Aug. 18 as part of a young couple's high-profile expose.

Police say he contacted law enforcement two days later. The detective consulted another police official who served on a federal human smuggling task force, who said he needed more details.

The ACORN employee responded several days later and explained that the information he received was not true and he had been duped.
    Videographers reportedly engaged in selective editing, and O'Keefe has reportedly done so before

O'Keefe's dismissal of ACORN's claim that "the videos were doctored" undermined by report that they were. O'Keefe reportedly dismissed ACORN CEO Bertha Lewis' claim that the secretly filmed videos were doctored, stating, "They've lied every step of the way." But one video that reportedly "left out" an ACORN employee's statement that it would have nothing to do with a prostitution business undermines O'Keefe's claim. According to a report by CNN's Casey Wian that aired on the September 17 edition of Lou Dobbs Tonight, the videographers edited San Bernardino ACORN organizer Tresa Kaelke's statement that ACORN would not associate itself with prostitution. Wian said: "Left out of the originally released tape but included in a transcript the filmmakers later released is Kaelke's statement that ACORN would have nothing to do with their prostitution business."

Report: O'Keefe friend said she "grew disillusioned" with his tactics after being asked to doctor transcript of a past film. In a September 18 article, The New York Times reported that Liz Farkas, a college friend of O'Keefe's while at Rutgers University, "said she grew disillusioned" after O'Keefe "asked her to help edit the script" of a video involving a nurse at UCLA. The Times reported: " 'It was snippets to make the ... nurse look bad,' Ms. Farkas said. 'I said: "It has no context. You're just cherry-picking the nurse's answers." He said, "Okay" -- and then he just ran it.' "

Guru
    09-25-2009, 05:51 PM #26
    Hey Adumbical it was reported on FOX by O'Keefe that 9 out of 10 times they got the same reaction. You do understand what 9 OUT OF 10 means, right.

There you go again believing what ACORN says.

I personally dont care if they had a 50% rate it is still corupt. But really 9 out of 10.

Interesting fact, Bertha Lewis ACORNs CEO thanked the two for helping in exposing the coruption.

Interesting fact, 8 of the employees shown in the videos were fired. Well that about says all you need to know does ACORN really think we believe that they are going to fire people because of a doctored video.

Interesting fact, No police reports to confirm what ACORN employees are saying.

Interesting fact, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, ect., ect., never reported on the story and when CNN and the rest started they cut the video to try and show ACORN really didn't do to much wrong. They then tried to slander the two.

Interesting fact, when CNN ask O'Keefe to come on CNN, O'Keefe sent a letter back to CNN, stating that; until they stop tring to skirt the issue and are willing to put up at least one full video, he would not come on the show. Hence that has still not happen.

Interesting fact, there was enough corruption shown for both houses of congress to pull funding of ACORN by a way way majority vote (senate: 87 to 11 and the House: 345 to 75). Most of the few that voted against it are leftwing liberials.

Interesting fact, there was enough corruption shown for the treasury department to start an investigation into ACORN.

Hard to get around facts isn't it.

P.S. Adumbical most likely thinks there is no way OJ Simpson killed Nicole also.
    Last edited by john; 09-25-2009 at 05:54 PM.

Mentor
    09-26-2009, 08:31 AM #27
    Hey Adumbical it was reported on FOX by O'Keefe that 9 out of 10 times they got the same reaction. You do understand what 9 OUT OF 10 means, right.

There you go again believing what ACORN says.

I personally dont care if they had a 50% rate it is still corupt. But really 9 out of 10.

Interesting fact, Bertha Lewis ACORNs CEO thanked the two for helping in exposing the coruption.

Interesting fact, 8 of the employees shown in the videos were fired. Well that about says all you need to know does ACORN really think we believe that they are going to fire people because of a doctored video.

Interesting fact, No police reports to confirm what ACORN employees are saying.

Interesting fact, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, ect., ect., never reported on the story and when CNN and the rest started they cut the video to try and show ACORN really didn't do to much wrong. They then tried to slander the two.

Interesting fact, when CNN ask O'Keefe to come on CNN, O'Keefe sent a letter back to CNN, stating that; until they stop tring to skirt the issue and are willing to put up at least one full video, he would not come on the show. Hence that has still not happen.

Interesting fact, there was enough corruption shown for both houses of congress to pull funding of ACORN by a way way majority vote (senate: 87 to 11 and the House: 345 to 75). Most of the few that voted against it are leftwing liberials.

Interesting fact, there was enough corruption shown for the treasury department to start an investigation into ACORN.

Hard to get around facts isn't it.

P.S. Adumbical most likely thinks there is no way OJ Simpson killed Nicole also.
    John, John, John, there you go with that name calling again. When will your father teach you that it isn't nice to call people names? It is just so hard to accept things as facts when they come from someone who doesn't address people by their chosen name and instead addresses them in childish ways.

Guru
    09-26-2009, 04:23 PM #28
    John, John, John, there you go with that name calling again. When will your father teach you that it isn't nice to call people names? It is just so hard to accept things as facts when they come from someone who doesn't address people by their chosen name and instead addresses them in childish ways.

candleman, I dont start by calling people names I only start after I have had to explain something 3 times. Trust me I put in clear logical words so that everyone should get it. Now if after that they still dont, I get pissed and figure I will call them what they are being. A clear example is JohnnyIrish, he and I have had disagreements I dont start to call him names (unless it is in fun) because he comes back with just as well thought out process. The point is you can disagree put have a factual or logical or common sense arguement. When someone does not follow those princibles they look stupid and I call then like I see them. Look at Atipical for example, the congress has just voted overwhelmingly to cut off funding to ACORN, The CEO of ACORN has publically thanked the two for what they did. The treasury has started their own investigation into ACORN. ACORN fired 8 of the people that were shown in the video. Now with all that Atipical still wants to defend ACORN and villianize the two that brought the corruption to the forefront.

P.S. Well well looky here yet another scandel for ACORN they have been found to have used tax payer money to finance the political arm of ACORN. That is so illeagal it is not funny. There is a reason that is not done. For those that dont know here I will give you an example:

When they use tax dollars (everyones money), many that did not want Obama to be elected just had some of their money put towards getting him elected. How does that make people (that pay taxes) that voted for McCain feel.

Mentor
    09-28-2009, 11:59 AM #29
    candleman, I dont start by calling people names I only start after I have had to explain something 3 times. Trust me I put in clear logical words so that everyone should get it. Now if after that they still dont, I get pissed and figure I will call them what they are being. A clear example is JohnnyIrish, he and I have had disagreements I dont start to call him names (unless it is in fun) because he comes back with just as well thought out process. The point is you can disagree put have a factual or logical or common sense arguement. When someone does not follow those princibles they look stupid and I call then like I see them. Look at Atipical for example, the congress has just voted overwhelmingly to cut off funding to ACORN, The CEO of ACORN has publically thanked the two for what they did. The treasury has started their own investigation into ACORN. ACORN fired 8 of the people that were shown in the video. Now with all that Atipical still wants to defend ACORN and villianize the two that brought the corruption to the forefront.

P.S. Well well looky here yet another scandel for ACORN they have been found to have used tax payer money to finance the political arm of ACORN. That is so illeagal it is not funny. There is a reason that is not done. For those that dont know here I will give you an example:

When they use tax dollars (everyones money), many that did not want Obama to be elected just had some of their money put towards getting him elected. How does that make people (that pay taxes) that voted for McCain feel.
    John, I think I might have missed something in this thread. Did ACORN play an active role in this states Legislators voting on this bill? I didn't gather anything about this when Just Sirius posted this.

Guru
    09-28-2009, 02:30 PM #30
    John, I think I might have missed something in this thread. Did ACORN play an active role in this states Legislators voting on this bill? I didn't gather anything about this when Just Sirius posted this.

The Washingtom Times had an article proving that ACORN has at least 800,000 tax dollars that was used in political campaigning. That is one of the reasons the Treasury Department is doing an investigation into ACORN (The article is because of information leaked by the Treasury Department)

Page 3 of 4 1234