Page 2 of 4 1234
    Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-25-2009, 03:33 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Hey dumbasses do you even know what happen before or read the whole post. You guys do realize the law was ORIGINALLY changed for Kennedy (under his suggestion) to stop Gov. Romney from filling the seat as soon as possible after the 2004 elections. So if they could wait then then why not now. You people are amazing.

Now are you going to tell me that that is not hypocritical, and wrong on so many levels it does not make you sick.

Good work, just sirius

and good god, you see what we are dealing with right.
    Ha ha! There you go with that name calling again.....it must have been a horrible childhood for you John. Someday, you may be able to carry on logical conversations about serious issues like this. But, you really have to get past the name calling before most people will pay you any respect.

Guru
    09-25-2009, 03:35 PM #12
    Ok I will play that game with you, So if I am a communist then so is EVERY state rep that changed the law in the first place that stopped the post from being filled as soon as possible, should they not all have resigned or be impeached. Hey did Kennedy step down after saying that the law should be changed so that the post could not be filled as soon as possible. I guess you would also say Kennedy sucks right. What kind of senator his that. Then again what am I talking about your type of people voted him back in after killing someone and then ran away. Only in the democrat party could you do that and then be praised.

Anyone else would have been convicted and sent to prison.

P.S. This post was to candleman, who changed his post that called me a communist because I did not think it that important to fill the senate seat so soon.
    Last edited by john; 09-25-2009 at 03:42 PM.

Mentor
    09-25-2009, 03:35 PM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    I also agree the seat needed to be filled but i have to admit there is hypocrisy on the Democrats part in this situation because i believe they blocked the Republicans from trying to do the same thing when Romney was
    Governor.
    Unlike "the grouch" i am an equal opportunity hypocrisy attacker.

Just Sirius. Of all the issues you picked to get that worked up over. Jeez.
    WOW Lloyd- I'm honored that you actually agree with me! But that still doesn't change the fact that Liberals feel that they do not have to play by the rules!

Mentor
    09-25-2009, 03:38 PM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Candleman

I respect your opinion...But...the people would have been represented in 90 days after the special election. That was the law in MA...after the Liberals changed the law in 2004 to prevent the exact thing that the gov is now doing...They changed the law at their convenience to keep Mitt Romney from appt. a Republican to the senate if John Kerry had been elected President...Now...they change the law back...at their convienence to allow their gov to name a replacement! I fully agree...the people deserve to be represented by someone that they ELECTED to the Senate...not by appt from the gov by changing the rules! You guys just cont to amaze me! Passing laws for political convienence is wrong...and after reading many of your posts to John...I thought you had a pretty good view of both sides...I guess i thought wrong!
    JS, I don't argue with your opinion on the law changing. I think it was wrong in the first place. And now that wrong has been fixed. That's my point. Now, those folks will be represented. This just fixed it back the way it was.

And sometimes I don't understand the thinking of the Republican Party. They complained when the Democrats changed the law. They said it was wrong to do that. So, now they should be happy, but they aren't. They seem to be a tough group of people to please.

When I was in office, we left politics at the door. We just did what was best for our people. I wish our country could get back to that principle.

Mentor
    09-25-2009, 03:43 PM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Ok I will play that game with you, So if I am a communist then so is EVERY state rep that changed the law in the first place that stopped the post from being filled as soon as possible, should they not all have resigned or be impeached. Hey did Kennedy step down after saying that the law should be changed so that the post could not be filled as soon as possible. I guess you would also say Kennedy sucks right. What kind of senator his that. Then again what am I talking about your type of people voted him back in after killing someone and then ran away. Only in the democrat party could you do that and then be praised.

Anyone else would have been convicted and sent to prison.
    John, you keep saying things like you people and your kind. John, I've never lived in Mass. I have never voted for Senator Kennedy. It would be nice of you to quit lumping all people that have different viewpoints than you into one group.

The fact here is that the people of Mass. now have the old law back that the Republican Party liked. And now, the people of Mass. will be represented in Congress as all Americans should be. That's the fact!

Mentor
    09-25-2009, 03:45 PM #16
    Lloyd

I get worked up over these things because it is ethically wrong! Liberals cried and cried and cried when a hanging chad supposedly caused them to lose the 2004 election...Now when their is blatant manipulation of the law to push and agenda...it is all in the best interest of the people of MA...

Also, no liberal outrage with the voter fraud purported by ACORN in multiple states which in my opinion allowed the liberals to steal the 2008 election!

No liberal outrage with the tax fraud purported by the OBAMA administration!
    No liberal outrage with the tax fraud purported by ACORN in the videos!

That can only lead me to conclude that liberals have no ethics!

BTW-gay commentor is and idiot!

Mentor
    09-25-2009, 03:52 PM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    JS, I don't argue with your opinion on the law changing. I think it was wrong in the first place. And now that wrong has been fixed. That's my point. Now, those folks will be represented. This just fixed it back the way it was.

And sometimes I don't understand the thinking of the Republican Party. They complained when the Democrats changed the law. They said it was wrong to do that. So, now they should be happy, but they aren't. They seem to be a tough group of people to please.

When I was in office, we left politics at the door. We just did what was best for our people. I wish our country could get back to that principle.
    As I said before...I respect your service to our country and to your respective communities...I cannot understand how liberals can be OK with changing the law out of convienence to push their agenda. I'm ok with restoring the law to it's previous form...just think ethically wrong!

You sound pretty levelheaded! I can appreciate that!

BTW- President Obama and the WH had absolutely no business pushing for this change. None...period!

Mentor
    09-25-2009, 03:54 PM #18
    Candleman

BTW- are you making any cash today!

Guru
    09-25-2009, 03:59 PM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Ha ha! There you go with that name calling again.....it must have been a horrible childhood for you John. Someday, you may be able to carry on logical conversations about serious issues like this. But, you really have to get past the name calling before most people will pay you any respect.

No, I laughed at people like you, that is why I am retired at such a young age because my father tought me to THINK, to have common sense and logic. He tought me to be 3 steps ahead of everyone else so that when they think they have you you are still way ahead of them.

Here is another example among many. Hey who was telling you all that there was going to be global cooling in the next 10 to 20 years. That was way before (go check out the post on this subject and the dates of them) "Mojib Latif" decided to change his mind on global warming. Am I more intelligent then him, no I am just 2 steps ahead of him still.

Now after looking at them you have to be impressed.

The fact is I crush you when it comes to logic, that is why I crush you on every issue I debate you on. Just like I did here. The problem is you people have a double standard and until you can release that, you will always lose. You cant have it both ways. You will never be able to argue with logic if you think you can.

Mentor
    09-25-2009, 04:00 PM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Lloyd

I get worked up over these things because it is ethically wrong! Liberals cried and cried and cried when a hanging chad supposedly caused them to lose the 2004 election...Now when their is blatant manipulation of the law to push and agenda...it is all in the best interest of the people of MA...

Also, no liberal outrage with the voter fraud purported by ACORN in multiple states which in my opinion allowed the liberals to steal the 2008 election!

No liberal outrage with the tax fraud purported by the OBAMA administration!
    No liberal outrage with the tax fraud purported by ACORN in the videos!

That can only lead me to conclude that liberals have no ethics!

BTW-gay commentor is and idiot!
    JS,
    I don't know much about Liberals. I know a lot about Democrats. Most of us Democrats are fairly moderate, just like most Republicans. The Liberals and the Conservatives seem to get a lot of press, but they are not the majority of either party.

So, I want you to know this. Many of us Democrats or people that vote Democrat often ARE outraged with these issues. But, we are the same people that didn't beat up on President Bush too often, because he was our President and we supported him even if we didn't agree with him. So, you won't hear us yelling a bunch now either. We believe in the system. We voted for this and we'll live with it for now. And then we'll vote again and change things a bit. That is one of the great beauties of this system. It can change, it does change, it will change. I think you will see the pendulam swing in the upcoming elections. I think we'll get back to the middle of the road again. I just wish we could do it without so much of the mean spirited rhetoric that comes from both sides.

Geezzz, I have to delete half of my posts because as soon as I read them, I realize that I'm just adding to the problem and not helping to fix it.

And on a bright point JS.....our Sirius is holding strong in the sixties! That's my good news for today!!! LOL

Page 2 of 4 1234