Page 2 of 3 123
    Guru
    09-24-2009, 11:15 AM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    John,
    I feel very sorry for you. I'll keep you in my prayers and hope for a quick recovery.

I am not the one who needs the prayers you are. You have been lied to so much you are surprised by most things when they happen. Here is a surprise for you, JFK (a democrat) got the USA involved in Viet Nam not Nixon. Nixon started the withdraw from Viet Nam. Surprise surprise doen't that get you depressed you have been blaming the wrong party for you being in Viet Nam. Now for a little history, Democrats are resposible for getting the the USA into more wars then republicans. I do not disagree with the wars they got us into, it is just a fact of history who got us involved in them.

You are surprised that Obama could have radicals like Van Jones and Mark Lloyd and several others like the guy who wrote a book on population control and thinks it is ok to have forced sterilization of Americans (and the book give ideas on how to do this, and how to explain it away, from putting it in the drinking water to saying the constitution does not say any person has the right to have more then 2 children). Surprised, any American even has those ideas, much more so, that man is now advising our president on policies.

Here is a good example: It is harder to deal with someones death if it comes as a surprise, then if you know it will be coming.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-24-2009, 11:29 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I am not the one who needs the prayers you are. You have been lied to so much you are surprised by most things when they happen. Here is a surprise for you, JFK (a democrat) got the USA involved in Viet Nam not Nixon. Nixon started the withdraw from Viet Nam. Surprise surprise doen't that get you depressed you have been blaming the wrong party for you being in Viet Nam. Now for a little history, Democrats are resposible for getting the the USA into more wars then republicans. I do not disagree with the wars they got us into, it is just a fact of history who got us involved in them.

You are surprised that Obama could have radicals like Van Jones and Mark Lloyd and several others like the guy who wrote a book on population control and thinks it is ok to have forced sterilization of Americans (and the book give ideas on how to do this, and how to explain it away, from putting it in the drinking water to saying the constitution does not say any person has the right to have more then 2 children). Surprised, any American even has those ideas, much more so, that man is now advising our president on policies.

Here is a good example: It is harder to deal with someones death if it comes as a surprise, then if you know it will be coming.
    John,
    I enlisted as a Republican to serve my President. My President, Mr. Nixon lied to us. I enlisted so that we could get out of Viet Nam with honor. Mr. Nixon lied to us. Before too long I was working outside of Viet Nam in places that Mr. Nixon said he would never send us. The Republican President Mr. Nixon was a liar, is a liar, and will always be remembered as a liar, just like Mr. Bush.

Hey John, while I was protecting your right to free speech, where were you?

And, isn't this nice that we can have a conversation when you don't call me names? Thank you for that John! I do beleive that prayers get answered!

Guru
    09-24-2009, 01:02 PM #13
    John,
    I enlisted as a Republican to serve my President. My President, Mr. Nixon lied to us. I enlisted so that we could get out of Viet Nam with honor. Mr. Nixon lied to us. Before too long I was working outside of Viet Nam in places that Mr. Nixon said he would never send us. The Republican President Mr. Nixon was a liar, is a liar, and will always be remembered as a liar, just like Mr. Bush.

Hey John, while I was protecting your right to free speech, where were you?

And, isn't this nice that we can have a conversation when you don't call me names? Thank you for that John! I do beleive that prayers get answered!

Hey dumbass, Nixon did what they should have done long before. He tried to stop a enemy from using a boarder as a safe haven to attack you from. Do you not get that dumbass. Where you fighting a different enemy then when they crossed that boarder, No dipshit it was the same one. Now as for me, I was a Marine intelligence analist (S-2) dumbass so dont act all high and mighty with me or anyone else because you were in the military because many have and even that does not give you a right to act that way. I think that FDR, JFK, and Nixon (Nixon just got caught) were all liers, Bush went from the intelligence he had. Did the Clintons lie when he and SHE (when she was a senator) both said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction (do you need me to pull up the videos of her saying it). Did the UN lie when they said the samething, Did Englands Tony Blair, did Russian intelligence lie. You are such a twit you have no glue that even the UN said they had them, the difference was how they wanted to deal with it. Even Micheal Moore had to admit on the O'Rielly show after O' Rielly pinned him down like I just did that Bush was misinformed like most others.

I think someone tring to act the way you just did just because you served is as bad as calling someone names. Next time be careful of who you are talking to. Not that just because I served gives me anymore right to act as you did to someone that did not serve, dumbass.

P.S. I heard them all before like, Marine intelligence is a contradiction in terms isn't it. So dont bother.
    Last edited by john; 09-24-2009 at 01:04 PM.

Mentor
    09-24-2009, 01:13 PM #14
    Hey dumbass, Nixon did what they should have done long before. He tried to stop a enemy from using a boarder as a safe haven to attack you from. Do you not get that dumbass. Where you fighting a different enemy then when they crossed that boarder, No dipshit it was the same one. Now as for me, I was a Marine intelligence analist (S-2) dumbass so dont act all high and mighty with me or anyone else because you were in the military because many have and even that does not give you a right to act that way. I think that FDR, JFK, and Nixon (Nixon just got caught) were all liers, Bush went from the intelligence he had. Did the Clintons lie when he and SHE (when she was a senator) both said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction (do you need me to pull up the videos of her saying it). Did the UN lie when they said the samething, Did Englands Tony Blair, did Russian intelligence lie. You are such a twit you have no glue that even the UN said they had them, the difference was how they wanted to deal with it. Even Micheal Moore had to admit on the O'Rielly show after O' Rielly pinned him down like I just did that Bush was misinformed like most others.

I think someone tring to act the way you just did just because you served is as bad as calling someone names. Next time be careful of who you are talking to. Not that just because I served gives me anymore right to act as you did to someone that did not serve, dumbass.

P.S. I heard them all before like, Marine intelligence is a contradiction in terms isn't it. So dont bother.
    Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, there you go with that name calling again. You just can't seem to get past that. It might have come from an abusive childhood. But, whatever caused it, I'm sure that someday, you'll get over it. You have such potential John. It's a shame that your intelligence is covered over by your use of name calling.

Guru
    09-24-2009, 01:33 PM #15
    Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, there you go with that name calling again. You just can't seem to get past that. It might have come from an abusive childhood. But, whatever caused it, I'm sure that someday, you'll get over it. You have such potential John. It's a shame that your intelligence is covered over by your use of name calling.

Once again here is your double standard,

"Hey John, while I was protecting your right to free speech, where were you?"

What was that meant to be except demeaning or belittling.

So dont try you Sol Luwinski crap with me because it doesnt work, I see right through it. The point is you cant have it both ways with me. I am as comfortible down here with you as you are. I'll fight you on your own field and show how ridiculous you are.

P.S. lets not get off the original subject. I am still waiting for you to point out the lies in this article by Dick Morris that you said there were. WELL WHERE ARE THEY.

http://www.creators.com/conservative/dick-morris.html
    Last edited by john; 09-24-2009 at 01:38 PM.

Mentor
    09-24-2009, 03:05 PM #16
    Once again here is your double standard,

"Hey John, while I was protecting your right to free speech, where were you?"

What was that meant to be except demeaning or belittling.

So dont try you Sol Luwinski crap with me because it doesnt work, I see right through it. The point is you cant have it both ways with me. I am as comfortible down here with you as you are. I'll fight you on your own field and show how ridiculous you are.

P.S. lets not get off the original subject. I am still waiting for you to point out the lies in this article by Dick Morris that you said there were. WELL WHERE ARE THEY.

http://www.creators.com/conservative/dick-morris.html
    John,
    Perhaps I was wrong to use the word lie. But, the article is misleading. The very first thing that bothers me about all of this talk and even your heading on this discussion is this.

There is no program called Obamacare. There is no Obama Health Care Plan. This is all legislation the will come out of Congress. President Obama is not a member of Congress and therefore he cannot sponsor legislation.

I think that is one of the things that burns me up about all of this. President Obama is not the only American that wants Health Care Reform. Many of us do. And when we get it, we won't call it Obamacare. Just like we don't call it Bushcare. I'm talking about the prescription plan that President Bush worked with Congress on to help our Seniors with the high cost of medicine. That is a highlight of the Bush era and nobody calls it Bushcare.

Sometimes people that are opposed to something use terms that are meant to enrage the opposition. I think that is what's being done with Healthcare Reform.

So John, I won't call it a lie. But, I will call it very misleading. In fact, I'll apologize for calling it a lie. It's just a term that I think is wrongly used. And when I see it, it really bothers me. There have been some great elected officials that have worked for years on this problem. Both Republican and Democrat. In the end, in order to honor that hard work. I hope we think of it as the American Healthcare Reform Act.

I hope you understand how I feel about this now.

Guru
    09-24-2009, 03:55 PM #17
    John,
    Perhaps I was wrong to use the word lie. But, the article is misleading. The very first thing that bothers me about all of this talk and even your heading on this discussion is this.

There is no program called Obamacare. There is no Obama Health Care Plan. This is all legislation the will come out of Congress. President Obama is not a member of Congress and therefore he cannot sponsor legislation.

I think that is one of the things that burns me up about all of this. President Obama is not the only American that wants Health Care Reform. Many of us do. And when we get it, we won't call it Obamacare. Just like we don't call it Bushcare. I'm talking about the prescription plan that President Bush worked with Congress on to help our Seniors with the high cost of medicine. That is a highlight of the Bush era and nobody calls it Bushcare.

Sometimes people that are opposed to something use terms that are meant to enrage the opposition. I think that is what's being done with Healthcare Reform.

So John, I won't call it a lie. But, I will call it very misleading. In fact, I'll apologize for calling it a lie. It's just a term that I think is wrongly used. And when I see it, it really bothers me. There have been some great elected officials that have worked for years on this problem. Both Republican and Democrat. In the end, in order to honor that hard work. I hope we think of it as the American Healthcare Reform Act.

I hope you understand how I feel about this now.

OK that is fare enough, Although I wish someone would have called the Bush prescription drug plan "OBushydrugs". If that is what was needed to get a bad plan to be killed, then so be it.

The title saying Obamacare does not bring the whole or even part of the article into question, titles are titles. I will also contend that if Obama is the driving force behind it, you dont see the others talking about it, he has been the one that has been all over the tube promoting it. This is his plan weather you want to admit it or not. Just as The bush prescription drug plan was his. As an example who will or got credit for them. Do you see what I am saying.

So in conclusion you could have said "boy john that TITLE is misleading". What you did is bring the article into question which is far from the truth. Most of the article comes from what the Baukas bill said and what the congressional budget office says about it.

There are basic facts in the article and that is if you did not pay for insurance before you are going to get fined by the IRS (basically a tax) of 3800 (now 1900 because it just changed in commitee). There is a basic fact that if you have a insurance polocy that has a prenium over 8,000 dollars, you will now be taxed on it (hey didn't Obama say to McCain that that was crazy to do (tax insurance)). There is a basic fact that if you were not insured before and decide to get it that before you get a subsidy from the government you will pay between 15 and 20% of your income to get insurance. There is a basic fact that it will cut Medicare by cutting payments to doctors. (Yea doctors are in favor of Obamas kind of healthcare reform. As I said before it makes that poll I put up more reasonible to understand doesn't it, "thats right I want to work harder for less, thats exactly what I want")
    Last edited by john; 09-24-2009 at 04:37 PM.

Mentor
    09-24-2009, 04:24 PM #18
    OK that is fare enough, Although I wish someone would have called the Bush prescription drug plan "OBushydrugs". If that is what was needed to get a bad plan to be killed, then so be it.

The title saying Obamacare does not bring the whole or even part of the article into question, titles are titles. I will also contend that if Obama is the driving force behind it, you dont see the others talking about it, he has been the one that has been all over the tube promoting it. This is his plan weather you want to admit it or not. Just as The bush prescription drug plan was his. As an example who will or got credit for them. Do you see what I am saying.

So in conclusion you could have said "boy john that TITLE is misleading". What you did is bring the article into question which is far from the truth. Most of the article comes from what the Baukas bill said and what the congressional budget office says about it.

There is a basic fact in the article and that is if you did not pay for insuranse before you are going to get fined by the IRS (basically a tax) of 3800 (now 1900 because it just changed in commitee).

Sorry I have to go get my kid will be back latter.
    Great John, I think we understand each other a bit better on this one.

I've served in both the Executive branch of government as an elected Mayor, and as an elected County Manager, and the legislative branch as an elected City Council Member and as an elected Board of Education Member. And I know all to well how Mayors, School Superintendants, and County Managers take credit or are given credit for things that they could not have ever accomplished without the legislators making it happen. It's just a pet peev of mine.
    I know very well that President Obama isn't getting everything in Healthcare Reform that he wants, because he has no control over Congress.
    There are many Democrats, including me, that just can't see our way to everything that the President wants. That is the total beauty of our form of Government.
    Have fun with that kid John. I've got five, they're all grown and I'm onto the Grandkids now. What a blast!!!!

Guru
    09-25-2009, 03:13 PM #19
    Great John, I think we understand each other a bit better on this one.

I've served in both the Executive branch of government as an elected Mayor, and as an elected County Manager, and the legislative branch as an elected City Council Member and as an elected Board of Education Member. And I know all to well how Mayors, School Superintendants, and County Managers take credit or are given credit for things that they could not have ever accomplished without the legislators making it happen. It's just a pet peev of mine.
    I know very well that President Obama isn't getting everything in Healthcare Reform that he wants, because he has no control over Congress.
    There are many Democrats, including me, that just can't see our way to everything that the President wants. That is the total beauty of our form of Government.
    Have fun with that kid John. I've got five, they're all grown and I'm onto the Grandkids now. What a blast!!!!

Yea but the thing is, even the senate Buakas bill will mean the middle class are going to be hit with a major tax increase for healthcare reform.

You better read this article also.

http://www.creators.com/conservative...dle-class.html

Now take that along with the other thread that I put up that says the democrats on the senate writting the bill also voted to make sure we dont see the bill before it is voted on or to have the CBO finish the cost anaysis on it before they vote on it. This is something everyone that does not want a major tax increase for health reform should be calling their senator on.

I am telling you, I am giving you some common sense, logic, and facts. YOU WILL PAY THROUGH THE NOSE FOR THE SENATES HEALTHCARE REFORM.

There are other ways that will not cost you and me a dime that will bring down health care. The problem for the democrats is the republicans plan dont involve having big government involved.

Mentor
    09-26-2009, 08:45 AM #20
    Yea but the thing is, even the senate Buakas bill will mean the middle class are going to be hit with a major tax increase for healthcare reform.

You better read this article also.

http://www.creators.com/conservative...dle-class.html

Now take that along with the other thread that I put up that says the democrats on the senate writting the bill also voted to make sure we dont see the bill before it is voted on or to have the CBO finish the cost anaysis on it before they vote on it. This is something everyone that does not want a major tax increase for health reform should be calling their senator on.

I am telling you, I am giving you some common sense, logic, and facts. YOU WILL PAY THROUGH THE NOSE FOR THE SENATES HEALTHCARE REFORM.

There are other ways that will not cost you and me a dime that will bring down health care. The problem for the democrats is the republicans plan dont involve having big government involved.
    Thanks John, it's good stuff. Exactly what do you think the other things are that we can do that will stop the ever increasing rise in health care costs?

Page 2 of 3 123