09-23-2009, 10:06 PM #1

Sirius subscription switch to XM?

New to the forums so excuse me if this topic has been discussed (i've looked, haven't seen anything)

So my issue is that i just bought a Chevy with an XM stock radio in the car..I am a current Sirius subscriber (year subscription up in december) and want to switch my sirius subscription to the XM in my car so i don't have to go through the whole installation of the sirius radio and then switch when the sub is up.....i figured maybe this was possible since they are one company now...

Has anyone attemted to do this and been successful (or not)?

Thanks in advance..

Enthusiast
    09-24-2009, 09:57 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by SPetronio View Post
    New to the forums so excuse me if this topic has been discussed (i've looked, haven't seen anything)

So my issue is that i just bought a Chevy with an XM stock radio in the car..I am a current Sirius subscriber (year subscription up in december) and want to switch my sirius subscription to the XM in my car so i don't have to go through the whole installation of the sirius radio and then switch when the sub is up.....i figured maybe this was possible since they are one company now...

Has anyone attemted to do this and been successful (or not)?

Thanks in advance..
    No, you cannot, you would have to keep XM (in your new car) and cancel Sirius before DEC 2009, if you don't cancel Sirius before DEC, they will charge you again for a whole yr. another way , is to install Sirius in you new car, and not use are activate the XM-stock-radio, and just keep your Sirius radio....so, your going to have to decide between SIR or XM in your new car, are keep both services.... XM in the car and SIR in your house, if you can afford to so......
    Last edited by denb45; 09-24-2009 at 10:45 AM.

09-25-2009, 09:52 PM #3
    Yeah, that's what i figured.....oh well, thanks....