Page 51 of 52 ... 4149505152
    Mentor
    09-27-2009, 11:21 AM #501
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHerdGreg View Post
    Bill--

Since you're big on Seattle, I'll suggest a modern-day band from just up the road (Portland) that Jennifer and I recently discovered (via the Margaritaville Channel on Sirius, no less). It's not *rock* per se, but it is really, really good music.

http://www.pinkmartini.com/home.html

"Hey Eugene" and "Amado Mio" are beautiful songs. China Forbes (the lead singer) has an incredible voice.

Maybe it is your thing, maybe it is not. I'm a rocker like everybody else. But Pink Martini just kind of hit that spot in my brain that says "me like". I hope you do, too.

---

As for properly cooking some ribs, I'm stunned nobody has mentioned smoking them (electric or gas, doesn't matter to me). We have an electric smoker. Coat the ribs in olive oil, put 'em in the smoker for 2-3 hours, add wood chips every 30 minutes or so.

To. Die. For.

Thanksgiving turkey is also cooked this way, and the relatives swear it's the best they've ever had. Keeps 'em coming back, year after year.
    Hey Greg,

I have got to get one, been reading about them for so long ... I basically use the white trash method of soaked chips in a foil pouch ... They don't last long, maybe 45 minutes tops. But the olive oil ... hmmm. Just getting ready to do the grocery shopping (it's cheaper when I go) ... Feeling creative today and all this rib talk ...

Will check out that link as well ... Like the way you put it, "Maybe it is your thing, maybe it is not. I'm a rocker like everybody else. But Pink Martini just kind of hit that spot in my brain that says "me like". I hope you do, too. "

Growing up there was always that silly peer pressure bit that supposedly dictated what the group would deem acceptable ... Being a bunch of rockers I had to go into hiding with a lot of things ... If my friends knew I was listening to Michael and Janet Jackson for instance ... Earth, Wind and Fire ...

Mentor
    09-27-2009, 11:23 AM #502
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Where the hell did this come from! A/S increased to 3B...thought they were buying back shares and looking for 900M!

Did I miss something!
    Man, this IS a drama isn't it? Here is pretty good take on it ...

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...ge_id=41917882

Mentor
    09-27-2009, 11:41 AM #503
    Bill--

Since you're big on Seattle, I'll suggest a modern-day band from just up the road (Portland) that Jennifer and I recently discovered (via the Margaritaville Channel on Sirius, no less). It's not *rock* per se, but it is really, really good music.

http://www.pinkmartini.com/home.html

"Hey Eugene" and "Amado Mio" are beautiful songs. China Forbes (the lead singer) has an incredible voice.

Maybe it is your thing, maybe it is not. I'm a rocker like everybody else. But Pink Martini just kind of hit that spot in my brain that says "me like". I hope you do, too.

---

As for properly cooking some ribs, I'm stunned nobody has mentioned smoking them (electric or gas, doesn't matter to me). We have an electric smoker. Coat the ribs in olive oil, put 'em in the smoker for 2-3 hours, add wood chips every 30 minutes or so.

To. Die. For.

Thanksgiving turkey is also cooked this way, and the relatives swear it's the best they've ever had. Keeps 'em coming back, year after year.
    Liking this ... bouncing around a bit;

"Let's Never Stop Falling in Love"

Classy, great voice.

Ever hear of these guy's? My dad sent me this one day ... I ended up buying the CD for him ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtrnB4FZ-yc

09-27-2009, 04:55 PM #504
    he he...you said 'properly cooking some ribs'...

funny thing is that I've gone all over the country -- tested ribs in a lot of *#1 joints* -- I always come back to the conclusion that *my* ribs are the best in all the lands

a friend of ours is the smoker king -- every year, there's a weekend smoke session -- he starts at like 3AM Friday & smokes about a grand worth of high quality meats -- the cornucopia dinner is served Saturday evening...and let me tell you what...the wine flows nicely and the food goes down just as easy.

The only issue with it is that there's enough smoked meats consumed that a guys really doesn't *need* more until the following year

Plus, it's nice that *he's* the guy fretting over the exactness of it all :-)

...oh and *his* ribs are also #1 --- and for *that* day, I'm happy to concede and give my thanks...until Monday ;-)

The next savory dish that I only eat a couple of times per year is CHILI! That won't be for a few months, though. We're in the 90's now & it has to be, at least, under 70 degrees outside before I do the chili -- which takes all day but well worth it!

Okay fellas -- it's soon time for me to step out of my w/e haze and look towards my opening research for the week.

Hope all was well and that it all ended and ends well with your weekend, fellas (& Julie Too)...

Ramsey

To. Die. For.

09-27-2009, 08:12 PM #505
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    he he...you said 'properly cooking some ribs'...

funny thing is that I've gone all over the country -- tested ribs in a lot of *#1 joints* -- I always come back to the conclusion that *my* ribs are the best in all the lands

a friend of ours is the smoker king -- every year, there's a weekend smoke session -- he starts at like 3AM Friday & smokes about a grand worth of high quality meats -- the cornucopia dinner is served Saturday evening...and let me tell you what...the wine flows nicely and the food goes down just as easy.

The only issue with it is that there's enough smoked meats consumed that a guys really doesn't *need* more until the following year

Plus, it's nice that *he's* the guy fretting over the exactness of it all :-)

...oh and *his* ribs are also #1 --- and for *that* day, I'm happy to concede and give my thanks...until Monday ;-)

The next savory dish that I only eat a couple of times per year is CHILI! That won't be for a few months, though. We're in the 90's now & it has to be, at least, under 70 degrees outside before I do the chili -- which takes all day but well worth it!

Okay fellas -- it's soon time for me to step out of my w/e haze and look towards my opening research for the week.

Hope all was well and that it all ended and ends well with your weekend, fellas (& Julie Too)...

Ramsey

Here I was over there on the other side reading about Sirius and you guys are here discussing food. I almost missed out! Next time give me a hollar
    and I'll join in.

Good week to everyone!

Julie

P.S. I'm nearing 600 posts so don't mind me if I throw in a couple of one sentence posts.

09-27-2009, 09:47 PM #506
    How so you mean, exactly?

I'm slow -- and I have 1/10,000th British blood

So, please tell me twice

Ramsey

P.S. I'm nearing 600 posts so don't mind me if I throw in a couple of one sentence posts. [/QUOTE]

Guru
    09-27-2009, 10:01 PM #507
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Here I was over there on the other side reading about Sirius and you guys are here discussing food. I almost missed out! Next time give me a hollar
    and I'll join in.

Good week to everyone!

Julie

P.S. I'm nearing 600 posts so don't mind me if I throw in a couple of one sentence posts.
    Here's a few you can use:

See Dick run.

See Jane run.

See Spot run.

Down, Spot..you nasty!

Mentor
    09-27-2009, 10:07 PM #508

Behl

Via Pennystockchaser ...

http://pennystockchaser.com/2009/09/...-stock-higher/

BEHL, HUGE DD UPDATE FROM BEHL, There will be two PRs this week and they should be the trigger to shoot the stock higher
    Posted on 27 September 2009
    Tags: BEHL, bio centric energy, biocentricenergy.com, pennystockchaser.com

BEHL, HUGE DD UPDATE FROM BEHL, There will be two PRs this week and they should be the trigger to shoot the stock higher

THIS COULD BE THE WEEK WHERE BEHL REALLY SHINES.

BEHL is on our watch list this week @ .0485. The stock was heavily traded this week with 63,941,779 shares changing hands. The stock rose 9.4% between Wednesday and Friday. The chart shows that the stock is firming up.

There is strong support @ .04 and a break of .06 would cause a spike to .15.

We spoke to the company this weekend and they tells us that members should expect two PRs this week.

These PRs could contain updates on the merger into the OTCBB company and/or some new sales deals.

WE ARE ALWAYS DIGGING FOR MEMBERS AND WE THINK WE HAVE FOUND A HUGE PIECE OF NEWS WHICH COULD TRIGGER THIS MOVE TO .15.

This HUGE bullet for came from our call with BEHL this weekend:

BEHL, COO Dennis Shen is awaiting confirmation from the company’s overseas research team that the company has in fact access to a proven “Lipid Trigger” method of increasing ALGAE growth x 5 using the same closed loop system. This will revolutionize the ALGAE alternative fuel industry for replacing natural crude oil.

The oil companies have been searching for the “Lipid Trigger” for years it now seems that upon confirmation by the company’s scientific research team Biocentric in conjunction with it’s potential new strategic partner may have the world’s solution to alternative fuel Bulk ALGAE production:

See attached link:

http://www.biomassmagazine.com/artic...rticle_id=3002

YOU READ IT RIGHT GUYS AND GALS.

BEHL could have a solution to a problem which would change the algae alternative fuel industry.

Exxon and Dow Chemical would have to pay attention to BEHL.

BEHL could become a KINGMAKER.

If they solve this problem the stock will soar past the old high of .15.

In our opinion, BEHL is a steal at these prices if you take into account the pending news.

Mentor
    09-27-2009, 10:14 PM #509
    "We spoke to the company this weekend and they tells us that members should expect two PRs this week."

For some reason all I can think of is Vinny in "My Cousin Vinny" getting grilled by the judge about the "Two yuots" ... (youth's)

Guru
    09-27-2009, 10:32 PM #510
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    "We spoke to the company this weekend and they tells us that members should expect two PRs this week."

For some reason all I can think of is Vinny in "My Cousin Vinny" getting grilled by the judge about the "Two yuots" ... (youth's)
    Ha Ha! I just watched that movie again the other night. What a crack up!