Page 21 of 52 ... 11192021222331 ...
    Mentor
    09-24-2009, 03:24 AM #201
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    MSGI Announces First Nanobeak Product -- Handheld Bloodless Diabetes Test
    Date : 09/23/2009 @ 10:00AM
    Source : Business Wire
    Stock : MSGI Security Solutions Inc. (MSGI)
    Quote : 0.21 0.065 (44.83%) @ 3:59PM

MSGI Announces First Nanobeak Product -- Handheld Bloodless Diabetes Test

MSGI Security Solutions Inc. (OTCBB: MSGI) today reported that the Company is launching its first product derived from NASA technology, a handheld test for Diabetes, which uses breath instead of blood.

Nanobeak Inc., an MSGI subsidiary, is a nanotechnology company focused on carbon based chemical sensing for gas and organic vapor detection. Nanobeak will take the prototype handheld sensor, which measures acetone levels with a simple breath, out of the laboratory and into the marketplace. The first step involves product testing which will be done in conjunction with a major hospital network in the United States, followed by licensing discussions with the top pharmaceutical companies.

According to the International Diabetes Federation, Diabetes currently affects 246 million people worldwide and is expected to affect 380 million by 2025. At least 50% of all people with Diabetes are unaware of their condition. In some countries this figure may reach 80%. Every 10 seconds a person dies from Diabetes-related causes. India has the largest number of people with Diabetes estimated at 40.9 million. According to the American Diabetes Association, there are 23.6 million children and adults in the United States with Diabetes.

Diabetes is a disease in which the body does not produce or properly use insulin. Insulin is a hormone that is needed to convert sugar, starches and other food into energy needed for daily life. The cause of Diabetes continues to be a mystery, although both genetics and environmental factors such as obesity and lack of exercise appear to play roles. Acetone is the organic compound with the formula OC(CH3)2. This colorless liquid is the simplest example of the ketones. Ketones are the byproduct of a process called Gluconeogenesis

Jeremy Barbera, Chairman and CEO of MSGI commented; “we are excited to announce the first breakthrough in technology that has reached the prototype stage resulting from our new relationship with NASA. With nearly 250 million people in the world affected by Diabetes, we see a clear opportunity to partner with a major pharmaceutical company in licensing our first product. This device will ultimately be marketed to consumers who will be able to determine their health risks with nothing more than a simple breath. If more than 50% of all people who have Diabetes are unaware of that fact, our product will provide a seamless test to save lives by providing early detection.

Nanobeak is the first of several majority owned subsidiaries, each of which will hold the rights to a specific technology. We will be announcing the other subsidiaries and their various breakthrough technologies over the course of the next several weeks.”

About MSGI Security Solutions

MSGI Security Solutions, Inc. is a leading international provider of proprietary solutions to commercial and government organizations. MSGI is developing a combination of innovative emerging businesses that leverage information and technology. The Company is headquartered in New York City where it serves the needs of counter-terrorism, public safety, and law enforcement. More information on MSGI is available on the company's website at www.msgisecurity.com. MSGI is a significant stakeholder in Current Technology Corporation.

The information contained in this news release, other than historical information, consists of forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act and Section 21E of the Exchange Act. These statements may involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in such statements. Although the Company believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, it can give no assurance that such expectations will prove to have been correct. Important factors, including general economic conditions, spending levels and other factors could cause actual results to differ materially from the Company's expectations.
    Isn't that the address of either Mad Magazine or Marvel Comics? I think I used to mail them subscription money a million years ago.

I google mapped it, it's an office building.

Truthfully, I don't like websites who put their ticker up front on the home page and the choices on this one are home with the ticker, investor relations, press releases and contact us, lol. Then again, bass and I made some money off of RTGV, and their homepage gives a top 10 list on why to invest, lol.

I'm in for 50000000000000 shares!

Just kidding. This one broke out of a flag on high volume, but reversed quite a bit. I'll add it to the list. Sounds interesting, and the chart behaved, looks like a good find so far, keep 'em comin!
    Last edited by Dr. Dave; 09-24-2009 at 03:50 AM.

Mentor
    09-24-2009, 03:33 AM #202
    Quote Originally Posted by stang3O2 View Post
    You may know by now but I think there was a bill that was passed that just needs to be signed by the governor that sent this one up. I dont know anything about the stock but I read that somewhere.
    http://www.californiachronicle.com/articles/view/118577
    Thanks for the info - I actually did some "DD" and found it looks like similar measures may happen in europe, and that amazon has the product listed, but it's not available to buy yet:
    http://www.amazon.com/Disintegrator-...3733952&sr=8-1

Anyway, it had a big run, so not a good time to buy IMO, this is the first time the run lasted 2 days. Expecting a gap and trap tomorrow. I may take some off the table in the am. Have to get up to drive the GF to work.

Unfortunately, I'm in another funding application for work again, so will be on sporadically. I'll do my best to point out what I think some decent chart patterns are for these guys - not that they will work for every stock, but looks ok so far.

Mentor
    09-24-2009, 03:35 AM #203
    Found this too...
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_1_...ix=thermofocus

I hope I don't get sucked into the DD world, lol. I'll start second guessing myself (we'll second guessing myself more than usual, lol).

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    09-24-2009, 06:27 AM #204
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHerdGreg View Post
    I think BEHL is the exception to this rule, at least for the (medium-term) time being. I mean...with a merger in the works, and some (still-not-clear) stock bonus in the mix...I think I'm going to stay in BEHL until all this plays through.

My shares were bought at an average (up) of $0.01 per share. I started at $0.005, IIRC.

My money has been made. Now, it's just a matter of watching the drama unfold and see what actually becomes of this.

But just like the others have said...once I'm through the BEHL drama, then my exposure to pinks and OTC stocks will be very short term. I will be bobbing and weaving like Candleman does, from here on out.
    Greg, I think you've got this one right. I'm accumulating Behl right now. Maybe only a week or two. But, it should run up shortly, then I'll get out and stay out as a long with these pennies.

I think the SPNGE is a good hold for a week or two also.
    Last edited by candleman; 09-24-2009 at 07:48 AM.

09-24-2009, 06:30 AM #205

RE: MGLG trading halt....

Just recieved this from Molasses Willoughby:

Hi Dan,

This was a shocker for me - I had been out of the office at a meeting until 3:30 and only found out about it on my return. Management is in contact with the SEC and as soon as there is any information available, it will be conveyed to shareholders as soon as possible.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time - I will be glad to share any information that I receive.

Regards,

Karen Willoughby
    Investor Relations
    866-365-4724

Mentor
    09-24-2009, 08:05 AM #206
    GetFugu Rescinds Investment Transactions With Spongetech Delivery Systems and Vanity Events Holdings

LOS ANGELES, Sept. 24, 2009 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- GetFugu, Inc. (OTCBB:GFGU) www.getfugu.com, the revolutionary new method of accessing the Internet through mobile phones, announced today that it has notified Spongetech Delivery Systems, Inc. and Vanity Events Holdings, Ltd. that it has rescinded the previously announced financing arrangements with Spongetech and Vanity under which they would invest an aggregate of $5,000,000 in GetFugu.

To date, GetFugu has received only $1,750,000 of the proposed $5,000,000 from these investment transactions. GetFugu has informed Spongetech and Vanity that it will not accept any further funds and that it will return the amounts received to date, plus accrued interest, as soon as it is able.

About GetFugu

GetFugu, Inc. is the first technology architect to provide a carrier agnostic, platform agnostic mobile search platform. GetFugu will change the way people access the web with their mobile phones. It is designed to encourage use of its applications by simply integrating the mobile phones' core strengths (image recognition, voice recognition, location recognition) into a single customizable application. Additionally, GetFugu offers the only mobile hot-spotting ecommerce platform available worldwide today. The GetFugu platform will be available for 97% of the mobile phones available (over 3.3 billion handsets) worldwide.

View Social Media Release.

http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroo....html?d=174004

Mentor
    09-24-2009, 08:41 AM #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    GetFugu Rescinds Investment Transactions With Spongetech Delivery Systems and Vanity Events Holdings

LOS ANGELES, Sept. 24, 2009 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- GetFugu, Inc. (OTCBB:GFGU) www.getfugu.com, the revolutionary new method of accessing the Internet through mobile phones, announced today that it has notified Spongetech Delivery Systems, Inc. and Vanity Events Holdings, Ltd. that it has rescinded the previously announced financing arrangements with Spongetech and Vanity under which they would invest an aggregate of $5,000,000 in GetFugu.

To date, GetFugu has received only $1,750,000 of the proposed $5,000,000 from these investment transactions. GetFugu has informed Spongetech and Vanity that it will not accept any further funds and that it will return the amounts received to date, plus accrued interest, as soon as it is able.

About GetFugu

GetFugu, Inc. is the first technology architect to provide a carrier agnostic, platform agnostic mobile search platform. GetFugu will change the way people access the web with their mobile phones. It is designed to encourage use of its applications by simply integrating the mobile phones' core strengths (image recognition, voice recognition, location recognition) into a single customizable application. Additionally, GetFugu offers the only mobile hot-spotting ecommerce platform available worldwide today. The GetFugu platform will be available for 97% of the mobile phones available (over 3.3 billion handsets) worldwide.

View Social Media Release.

http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroo....html?d=174004

I find this to be positive news.

Divesting or investing into this technology is NOT what the Sponge Company is about. Perhaps now, they will concentrate on the core business. And in turn, that should help stabalize the share price.

I have found that when small companies spread themselves out too thinly, it really hurts the core business in the long run.

It will be very interesting to see what this news does to the market today.

Mentor
    09-24-2009, 09:15 AM #208
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    I find this to be positive news.

Divesting or investing into this technology is NOT what the Sponge Company is about. Perhaps now, they will concentrate on the core business. And in turn, that should help stabalize the share price.

I have found that when small companies spread themselves out too thinly, it really hurts the core business in the long run.

It will be very interesting to see what this news does to the market today.
    Wondering ... If it would have been the other way round ?... Boy, this will get a nice dizzying, frenzied spin regardless.

Man, I got to tell ya, this IS the Wild Wild West in these pennies ...

Mentor
    09-24-2009, 09:15 AM #209
    Bill, I looked into DLAD and MSGI. They both look pretty good and certainly worth keeping an eye on this morning. Might be a quick jump in and jump out move on both of these.

We might consider GFGU also. With the news of canceling the deal with Spongetech and Vanity, there may be a good sized swing today.

These are certainly worth watching. Thanks for the heads up Bill. You do a great job of finding these little gems.

Mentor
    09-24-2009, 09:18 AM #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Wondering ... If it would have been the other way round ?... Boy, this will get a nice dizzying, frenzied spin regardless.

Man, I got to tell ya, this IS the Wild Wild West in these pennies ...
    LT, you crack me up! This is a very dizzying business. Can you imagine what it would be like to manage a big multi million dollar portfolio? Personally, I'd be spinning out of control.

Page 21 of 52 ... 11192021222331 ...