09-16-2009, 09:14 PM #1

Senator Jay Rockefeller decimates Co-ops as substitute for a Public Option

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/20...s-and-Grassley

Senator Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia is hardly someone you can call a
    radical.

Mentor
    09-16-2009, 11:26 PM #2
    Lloyd

Rockefeller needs to do the same investigating into the public option...Everywhere it has been implemented...it has failed...

Canada- failure
    UK- failure
    Mass- failure
    Tenn- failure
    Oregon- failure

Tort reform

Since tort reform was inacted in Texas in 2003, insurance premiums have declined 30%, 14000 MD's have returned to the state to practice medicine! This information came from a Texas legislator and I heard it on the radio...probably Fox Business!

California- has done some form of tort reform...premiums have decreased 40%!

Tort Reform- [must be included

Lloyd- we do not need healthcare reform...what we need is lifestyle reform! Our lifestyle is killing us! If we ban all tobacco, alcohol, and refined sugar...Medical expenses related to tobacco use, alcohol abuse, and sugar abuse are what is killing us as a population! In my opinion, the big 3 are the root of 75% of illness in this country! Because people are not held accountable for their actions...the rest of us must suffer financially!
    Last edited by just sirius; 09-16-2009 at 11:27 PM. Reason: oops

Legend
    09-17-2009, 11:59 PM #3
    Just sirius did you read that interview with James Woolsey (former head of the CIA) and Tom Friedman's article "have a nice day" about solar power. Just curious how just sirius reacts when articles say something quite different than what he believes.

Oh by the way not that i care that much but Bill O'reilly i do believe just said he supports a public option.

Totally disagree that a public option has failed in other places. But hey you have your own point of view. I would love it if we could do an experiment in this country whereby half the people get a Health plan with Obama reforms and a public option and the other half get exactly what we have now. Now that would be great to see. I think you would cry uncle within 5 years at the latest.

Legend
    09-18-2009, 12:02 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Lloyd

Rockefeller needs to do the same investigating into the public option...Everywhere it has been implemented...it has failed...

Canada- failure
    UK- failure
    Mass- failure
    Tenn- failure
    Oregon- failure

Tort reform

Since tort reform was inacted in Texas in 2003, insurance premiums have declined 30%, 14000 MD's have returned to the state to practice medicine! This information came from a Texas legislator and I heard it on the radio...probably Fox Business!

California- has done some form of tort reform...premiums have decreased 40%!

Tort Reform- [must be included

Lloyd- we do not need healthcare reform...what we need is lifestyle reform! Our lifestyle is killing us! If we ban all tobacco, alcohol, and refined sugar...Medical expenses related to tobacco use, alcohol abuse, and sugar abuse are what is killing us as a population! In my opinion, the big 3 are the root of 75% of illness in this country! Because people are not held accountable for their actions...the rest of us must suffer financially!
    I am in agreement with you Just sirius that we need much more emphasis on prevention and eating and drinking right in this country. Banning substances however never works. You got to educate people and possibly put taxes on certain items (like sugar, tobacco, soda, etc) and hope that people dont use them.

Mentor
    09-18-2009, 04:08 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Just sirius did you read that interview with James Woolsey (former head of the CIA) and Tom Friedman's article "have a nice day" about solar power. Just curious how just sirius reacts when articles say something quite different than what he believes.

Oh by the way not that i care that much but Bill O'reilly i do believe just said he supports a public option.

Totally disagree that a public option has failed in other places. But hey you have your own point of view. I would love it if we could do an experiment in this country whereby half the people get a Health plan with Obama reforms and a public option and the other half get exactly what we have now. Now that would be great to see. I think you would cry uncle within 5 years at the latest.

You are kidding me aren't you! Mass is BK due to their F%$% healthcare debacle...Tennessee tried and failed...Oregon failing too! Why...too expensive...thats why...and contrary to your belief...Canadian and UK systems are failures. they absolutely have rationed care! In Canada...some provinces you have to go to the courthouse once a month to see if your name is drawn so that you can see the MD...the pay in Canada for MD's/Nurses sucks...Nurses from Canada are flooding into the states for better pay...why...Canadian system would be broke if they didn't keep pay at a minimum! UK system...is the 3rd largest employer in the world...Unioniozed...totally F$%k up...Taxes are astronomical to keep it afloat...and yes...they have rationed care!

There is not one single payer system in the world that doesn't have rationed care and F%^%ing crazy taxes to pay for it!

You left wing liberals deserve the likes of Pelosi, Kucinich, and Reid! You will see the people rise up and boot a significant number of liberals out of office next year!

Guru
    09-18-2009, 04:42 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    I am in agreement with you Just sirius that we need much more emphasis on prevention and eating and drinking right in this country. Banning substances however never works. You got to educate people and possibly put taxes on certain items (like sugar, tobacco, soda, etc) and hope that people dont use them.

I love it, I knew some twit would bit, thats why I left it alone (Thats why when I PMed "just sirius" and asked him if he was just joking to get someone trapped and told him I would leave it alone for now). Hey dumbass have you ever heard of the movie Demolision Man. Rush said this is exactly what these people would do. Yea thats right, now ban sugar, soda, dounuts, candy, popcorn, hamburgers and any other food you find offensive by first taxing the hell out of it. IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS WHAT OTHER PEOPLE EAT.

I already know what that dipshit was thinking.........."Well it is my business because it drives up cost of healthcare". That only becomes your business if the government gets involved in healthcare and then has to start rationing. Which is exactly another reason people dont want the government getting involved in it. Once again IT IS NOONES BUSINESS WHAT OTHERS EAT.

Havakasha, just beat out lloyd Handwerker for twit of the year. Really you guys are to easy.

Thanks, just sirius

Mentor
    09-19-2009, 12:17 AM #7
    John

Your Welcome! Glad to help fight the BS!
    Last edited by just sirius; 09-19-2009 at 12:18 AM. Reason: improved statements