View Poll Results: When will the Sirius XM merger decision be announced?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Today

0 0%
  • This Week

7 50.00%
  • Next Week

3 21.43%
  • Next Month

4 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12
    Head Honcho
    12-03-2007, 12:44 PM #1

When will it happen?

Today, tomorrow, next week, next year? How much longer do we have to wait? With all of the information available, how could anyone still be undecided at this point?

Who has some kind of inside contact that can break the news here in this thread before it is released? I know one of you guys know
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

12-03-2007, 02:15 PM #2
    i read somewhere that dec6 is a deciding date of sorts for the merger... read it over the weekend... found an article of it at Forbes

12-03-2007, 03:42 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jvvilly View Post
    i read somewhere that dec6 is a deciding date of sorts for the merger... read it over the weekend... found an article of it at Forbes
    Great article, hopefully we'll hear by Thursday.

Mentor
    12-04-2007, 01:07 AM #4
    Was looking back at past DoJ decisions to see if it could give us any clue as to what day of the week the decision would be announced. By my recollection, it had usually been done on a Monday or Friday.

Looking back at some of the DoJ cases, it seems that it can happen any day of the week.

Some recent decisons:
    4/12/96 - Friday
    5/7/96 - Tuesday
    5/23/96 - Thursday
    5/29/96 - Wednesday (Busy month for mergers huh?)
    6/5/96 - Wednesday
    6/6/96 - Thursday
    6/7/96 - Friday (Forget busy month, busy WEEK for mergers!)
    6/11/96 - Tuesday
    6/13/96 - Thursday
    6/17/96 - Monday
    6/18/96 - Tuesday
    6/19/96 - Wednesday
    7/1/96 - Monday (How sweet, they gave them a week off!)
    8/5/96 - Monday
    8/12/96 - Monday
    8/13/96 - Tuesday
    8/29/96 - Thursday
    8/30/96 - Friday (THREE mergers done on this day!)

So... It could be Tuesday... or Wednesday... or Thursday... or even Friday! One thing I know is that they have NEVER announced on a Saturday or Sunday!

Enthusiast
    12-04-2007, 10:44 PM #5

Not this week

With the current federal officials overseeing this merger, there is no way this merger outcome will be announced this week or by December 6th, probably not by the end of the year. They are purposely dragging their feet, cause if it were up to them, they would like to see David Copperfield make Sirius and XM 'DISAPPEAR'.
    You can thank the NAB and their deep pockets for this.
    And a quick note to the NAB, if your broadcast and current radio stations weren't so crappy, we wouldn't need Sirius. Nothing like listenig to the Yin/Yang Twins 4 times a day. Thank God for the internet and mp3 downloads.

Head Honcho
    12-05-2007, 02:20 AM #6
    Nice "day of the week" research Newman. Something tells me you are eager to figure anything out that you possibly can? You should get all of the days from every decision and throw them in a spreadsheet and we can make a bar graph with their favorite days to announce and the odds for each! Then you can give a Nostradamus like prediction...your guess is as good as any of the analysts.

Lantz, (let me whisper in your ear) welcome to the forums...that Ying Yang Twins line got me for a solid chuckle.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

12-07-2007, 11:20 AM #7
    all's quiet in the front... i guess dec6 was a dud. i don't know if i'm spelling it right but if you guys understand the word tumescence, that is sort of what i'm feeling right now. my brother's got some SIRI and promised to hit me with holiday cheer if the merger goes well... i guess i'll have to wait a bit more.

Enthusiast
    12-24-2007, 09:53 AM #8

Im back for another round

Its the truth Charles, but Im glad you enjoyed it.
    I do believe one of the worst forms of entertainment in America today is terrestrial radio. I mean I literally cannot bear to hear even seconds of it, terrible morning/afternoon shows and looped songs throughout the day. Creativity is at an all time low. I appreciate the diversity and song selections of satellite radio, its refreshing to know there still is programming that hasn't forgotten about the millions of song choices in our american archive, and not just focusing on the top 10 billboard hits of this quarter.
    And maybe we will get a decision on merger after the new year, who are we all fooling (only ourselves), we know these guys don't lift a finger around the holidays.
    No DOJ decision till mid January at earliest, the FCC needs time to return home and get settled from their stay at their timeshares this holiday season.

-J

Joined: Nov 2007 Location: J'habite a Vegas mes amis!! Posts: 14
    01-30-2008, 02:30 AM #9

Cupid is coming

Cupid will be delivering Valentine joy to us very soon. I say within 14 days from today. As Jim Rome would say, "OUT"

Merci mes amis

Francis C Cambridge

Mentor
    02-01-2008, 01:31 AM #10
    I am venturing to say that the decision will be made shortly after Valentine's day. Just after the anniversary of the merger announcement, and just before the March 1st breakup date.

So between Feb 15th and Feb 29th is my guess.

Page 1 of 2 12