Guru
    09-14-2009, 05:35 PM #1

No body and I mean nobody says oil by it self is the answer.

There is not one person that has said we should just drill. That is the difference between Lloyd and most others, we know there is no economical replacement for now for oil that is self evident. Lloyd thinks though that we should limit ourselves to wind and solar. I however think that if studies show that alternatives will not be here for the next 20 to 30 years we need to use what we know. My God even his man Obama has given 2 billion to Brazil so they can drill off shore. I have to ask if there is anyone that thinks wind power will replace coal or oil in the next 10, 20 or 30 years are you willing to wait while fuel prices rise for the next 10, 20, or 30 years. That would be ridiculous wouldn't be well that is exactly what Lloyd is asking you to do. While we have some of the biggest unexplored reserves just waiting off shore. Lloyds arguement is based on bad science on a bad ideology I have proven to be false.

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2603

His silence to those questions says it load and clear. Yet he wants all of you to pay for it.

Mentor
    09-14-2009, 10:51 PM #2
    John

Solar and wind are not only expensive to build...the technology is not there yet...and both are very unreliable! Cannot sustain energy output during rainy/cloudy/still days! Solar and wind will be an adjunct to future power sources...they are not the answer to our energy needs! Long term...will cont to need natural gas/coal for energy production! And yes, drilling to secure our independence from foreign oil is a must!

Addict
    09-15-2009, 01:34 AM #3
    No one EVER said we "should limit ourselves to wind and solar". One more
    lie. Solar will take the largest piece of the pie eventually and wind and geothermal will be a piece of the puzzle. Electric plug-in cars, and electrics will also be taking over in the car industry within the next 10 to 20 years.
    Its obvious that oil and natural gas will be with us for a long time. But as James Woolsey the former head of the CIA says we need to transition to alternative energy now or else rue the future.

Guru
    09-15-2009, 11:34 AM #4
    So lloyd what happen to this:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Unfortunately I have tried answering your questions in the past and tried to have a civil discussion about these important issues but all i received back from you were insults. I will continue posting articles from time to time because i wont be muzzled by the likes of you, but as far as direct engagement you have made it impossible. Hasta luego."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

So I guess this means you can now answer these questions, RIGHT.

I am still waiting Lloyd for that answer to my question as to; How did the Bush tax cuts cause this recession.

I am also still waiting for the answers on

1) If volcanos put out more global warming gases in one eruption then humans have the last 20 years how can humans be a such a big part of the equation.

2) If the oceans put out 98% of the global warming gases and everything else and humans are responsible for the other 2% then how can humans be such a big part of the equation.

3) If your own UN studies say that cows put out more global warming gases then all the cars then how are humans so much of the equation.

I will help you out here by giving you a picture maybe you can rap your mind around. If we were to take the Super Dome and fill it up with people to represent all the global warming gases put out on the planet and then take a count of the people to represent what humans put out. Do you know how many people in that dome would be????? thats right, just 4.